Figures you are surprised Hasbro haven't done

leokearon

It's been 3 years since the Secret Empire 2 Pack gave us Stevil and only now we are getting the obvious repaint of the Civil Warrior, and this got me thinking. What figures are you surprised that Hasbro haven't done yet despite it would be a simple retool or redeco. For me, It is the Spot. Put the Blizzard head on any plain body, make it white and spot and your done.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

Jim Hammond human torch. You all may be posting new character and costume but the shear fact that we have had dozen of Johnny storm but hasbro has never thought to give use a jim Hammond torch is just weird.

Yeah it doesn't make sense why they haven't made the OG human torch.

I second the Jim Hammond Torch idea. Seems so simple. I think I’d prefer him powered down though in his West Coast Avengers look. 

Recently picked up the NECA Flash Gordon figure and the first thing I thought of was how could he be turned into a Jim Hammond Human Torch? Not by me of course, I have zero customization skills but seems like it could be done. Standing next to 80th Cap he scales pretty well

59 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I cannot believe we haven't gotten a Crystal in the near 20 years of the line; a big name Avenger, Fantastic Four member, and Inhuman Royal Family member- she fills in so many gaps. Hope we see her in the upcoming FF wave.

Agreed, would love a Crystal and the HellCat figure has her 90% done. Maybe 95% if they go the classic look. 

What Hasbro should do (although they have no incentive to do) is a wave of characters that can be simple repaints. Crystal, Swordsman, OG Human Torch, I’m sure many others all knocked out in a single wave with little to no new tooling, just a new coat of paint.. never happen but it WOULD be nice..

52 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

Even tho this doesn't pertain to this thread would be pretty cool if Hasbro made a Penace.

I can't believe Hasbro hasn't done any of Generation X, that is one of my most wanted teams of all.

and in fact it would be extremly easy to at least have done Husk, Synch and M by now using parts already existing (if they went the classic Gen X costumes)

although maybe you mean Robbie Baldwin Penance, then that's another story.

some really easy figures Hasbro could have made by now that come to mind.

Shroud (I mean come on, so easy)

Super Patriot

Speedball & Justice (come on fill in those NW ranks)

Phyla-Vell (classic costume) and Noh-varr

Kazar (just use the recent namor and you are virtually done)

Agony (although we know she's coming, but just re-paint scream really)

I probably could go on..but lets just stop here for now.

14 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I can't believe Hasbro hasn't done any of Generation X, that is one of my most wanted teams of all.

and in fact it would be extremly easy to at least have done Husk, Synch and M by now using parts already existing (if they went the classic Gen X costumes)

some really easy figures Hasbro could have made by now that come to mind.

Shroud (I mean come on, so easy)

Super Patriot

Speedball & Justice (come on fill in those NW ranks)

Phyla-Vell (classic costume) and Noh-varr

Kazar (just use the recent namor and you are virtually done)

Agony (although we know she's coming, but just re-paint scream really)

I probably could go on..but lets just stop here for now.

My kingdom for a Phyla and a Moondragon. Then a Mantis, Jack Flagg, Bug and Groot to wrap up the DnA Guardians. 

42 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah lol just always liked his design for some reason, and I enjoyed the game ultimate alliance and I played as him such a random ass inclusion for him to be a playable character haha.

e49efaa8a6c2dc09b0ee67e0711372b9.jpg

9 hours ago, McHogan said:

Agreed, would love a Crystal and the HellCat figure has her 90% done. Maybe 95% if they go the classic look. 

What Hasbro should do (although they have no incentive to do) is a wave of characters that can be simple repaints. Crystal, Swordsman, OG Human Torch, I’m sure many others all knocked out in a single wave with little to no new tooling, just a new coat of paint.. never happen but it WOULD be nice..

The second Vintage wave (Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Vision, Black Panther, Scarlet Spider) was basically this. Other than original head sculpts for Vision and Wasp, I think all the bodies were recycled/repainted from previous figures. And I like that wave a lot so I would be fine if they tried that again to knock out some of the simpler characters. 

20 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Given their popularity it's still shocking to me the only Young Avengers Hasbro has done are Kate Bishop and Stinger. Wiccan, Hulkling, Iron Lad and Patriot were all done during the ToyBiz era but badly need redos, while Miss America, Speed, Marvel Boy, Kid Loki, Prodigy and Teen Vision have never been made.

Gotta agree with this. I'm no particular fan of the Young Avengers, but it seemed to go over well with most of the fans. I did like the design and most of the concept of the characters, just didn't like the comic(s) all that much. I would very much like to see those character in plastic form along with a lot of others that have been named here. Most of them round out groups that we have yet to complete

Heralds of Galactis : Firelord, Airwalker, Nova (Frankie Ray), Terrax (general release)

New Warriors: Speedball, Namorita, Silhouette, Marvel Boy

Inhumans: Crystal, Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, Lockjaw

Excalibur: Meggan, Shadowcat (in black costume), Rachel (in her red costume), Widget

This could turn into a wish list real quick, but this is just the beginning. If you're like me you're constantly remembering characters that you can't believe haven't gotten the plastic treatment yet. It almost seems endless. Yet, there are still characters I can't believe haven't gotten a redo yet, like US Agent, Banshee  or Yellowjacket. I'm constantly torn between whether I wanna see those done first or the "never been done before" ones first. I'll take either/or TBH. I just need a break from the constant Cap/IM/Wolverine/Deadpool combine.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Gotta agree with this. I'm no particular fan of the Young Avengers, but it seemed to go over well with most of the fans. I did like the design and most of the concept of the characters, just didn't like the comic(s) all that much. 

Given the introduction of Wanda's kids in the TV series and the likelihood we'll see more of them in the MCU; and also with the recent comic event series Empyre, I would be very surprised if we don't get comic versions of Wiccan, Speed, and Hulking (BAF?!) in the next year or two.

The rest of the DnA Guardians, since Hasbro seemed to really be filling out the team for a while there.  And Morlun, but with the Shaw mold out there, I'd say Morlun isn't too far behind now.