Figures you are surprised Hasbro haven't done

leokearon

Doorman, I mean come on. It'd basically just be a Bucky Cap repaint with any of the random capes that Hasbro has laying around.

Another would be Neutron; could really just throw a Colossus head on the Omega Red body and be done with it.

Oh and pretty much any female character, 90% of them are on the same body any way

Doorman.jpg

Neutron_(Imperial_Guard)_(Earth-616)_from_Marvel_War_of_Heroes_001.jpg

On 3/18/2021 at 2:21 AM, MagnaPrime said:

Gotta throw this one out there.  Mephisto.  Why the deuce have we not gotten a Mephisto yet?

According an old statement (though it may have changed in recent years) Hasbro has a no Devil action figure policy. They can make figures that look devilish like Dormammu but Mephisto is the very picture of what the biblical devil would generally be pictured as. Like I said, it may have changed in recent year but that is generally the excuse they give.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

According an old statement (though it may have changed in recent years) Hasbro has a no Devil action figure policy. They can make figures that look devilish like Dormammu but Mephisto is the very picture of what the biblical devil would generally be pictured as. Like I said, it may have changed in recent year but that is generally the excuse they give.

They'll have to do one of his more monstrous forms

4 hours ago, tarot said:

I'd love to see that in print. Not saying its not true, just that I'd want to see where/when/who made such a statement because it flies in the face of reason. If they can do Ghost Rider- flaming skull and all- Blackheart, Red Goblin, etc. then a "no devil" policy makes no sense. Mephisto is basically a red-skinned dude in an all-red get up, with wild ass Phyliss Diller hair. Red Goblin surely looks way more "devilish" than that. And, I agree with @RyanDaly that if they're gonna be that foolish about (some people could say unfounded) concern with physical retailers, they could just use Hasbro Pulse. 

I'm surprised that Marvel LEGENDS hasn't done Marvel's characters that set the whole Marvel Universe off- the LEGENDARY Sub-Mariner and original Human Torch.  True, the Sub-Mariner released during the Black Panther wave was pretty much the same as his first appearance; he didn't have the fish scale green briefs then, and he also didn't wear wrist bands. Aside from maybe giving him squinty eyes, they probably don't see a need to re-do him. As for the Torch, I'd just use the F4 Torch from the first Walgreens run, remove the "4" insignia, etc. Always felt that figure was just too big for Johnny Storm, but would suit the android Torch very well. 

At any rate these guys are Marvel's first superheroes, they are the TRUE "Legends", and its wayyyyy past time we got to see them. Cap with his original shield, Bucky, Toro, and a few more of the Golden Age heroes- either in a box set or their own dedicated wave (like the 80th Anniversary).

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'd love to see that in print. Not saying its not true, just that I'd want to see where/when/who made such a statement because it flies in the face of reason. If they can do Ghost Rider- flaming skull and all- Blackheart, Red Goblin, etc. then a "no devil" policy makes no sense. Mephisto is basically a red-skinned dude in an all-red get up, with wild ass Phyliss Diller hair. Red Goblin surely looks way more "devilish" than that. And, I agree with @RyanDaly that if they're gonna be that foolish about (some people could say unfounded) concern with physical retailers, they could just use Hasbro Pulse. 

Not to mention that they did Satanna years ago, in a boxset mind you, but still

36 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'm surprised that Marvel LEGENDS hasn't done Marvel's characters that set the whole Marvel Universe off- the LEGENDARY Sub-Mariner and original Human Torch.  True, the Sub-Mariner released during the Black Panther wave was pretty much the same as his first appearance; he didn't have the fish scale green briefs then, and he also didn't wear wrist bands. Aside from maybe giving him squinty eyes, they probably don't see a need to re-do him. As for the Torch, I'd just use the F4 Torch from the first Walgreens run, remove the "4" insignia, etc. Always felt that figure was just too big for Johnny Storm, but would suit the android Torch very well. 

At any rate these guys are Marvel's first superheroes, they are the TRUE "Legends", and its wayyyyy past time we got to see them. Cap with his original shield, Bucky, Toro, and a few more of the Golden Age heroes- either in a box set or their own dedicated wave (like the 80th Anniversary).

I second this! We need more Golden Age love from Marvel in general; several characters would be fairly easy too. Repaint the 80 years Cap a brighter blue and new shield, retool the Walgreens Torch a bit, etc.

21 minutes ago, Dabboi said:

Not to mention that they did Satanna years ago, in a boxset mind you, but still

She wasn't name Satana in the box set though. She was named Judith Chambers and given that she was human in appearance Hasbro got away with it. To an average collector she could have just been another magician.

10 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I wonder if they could make Mephisto a HasLab project to get around that clause, as in he would never be sold directly through physical or online retailers. Yeah, I get that that's not really what HasLab is for, but maybe an exception could be made. 🤷‍♂️

Couldn't they make it like a entrainment exclusive to places like BBTS, or would that still be against their mo?

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah so they can just make it an exlsuive, case solved.

10 hours ago, nieman257 said:

Crystal, Karnak, Maximus, The Spot, generic goon, Bushman, Jack Flagg, Moondragon, D-Man, Rick Jones, Jim Hammond Torch, Quake, Clay Quartermain, Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Lilandra

Throw in a Abomb, skarr ( these two definitely require new tooling but it just need to be put out there for the people in the back!), Vulcan, and many many others. And need to say Dr spectre and 3d man again cuz aint no one else advocating for them.

7 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Couldn't they make it like a entrainment exclusive to places like BBTS, or would that still be against their mo?

No idea. We're assuming there is an entirely internal decision or self-imposed restriction, but we don't know the details. Presumably, it stems from not wanting parents to see a big toy Satan on the shelves of Walmart or Toys R' Us, and the likely public relations fallout that would ensue. That wouldn't be a problem for online retailers or fan-channel exclusives, so there may also be people at Hasbro with religious objections to profiting from toy devils, or at least a sensitivity to other people who may feel that way. 

Ultimately, we have no idea what their reasoning is, and they probably won't make it publicly known. 

13 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

No idea. We're assuming there is an entirely internal decision or self-imposed restriction, but we don't know the details. Presumably, it stems from not wanting parents to see a big toy Satan on the shelves of Walmart or Toys R' Us, and the likely public relations fallout that would ensue. That wouldn't be a problem for online retailers or fan-channel exclusives, so there may also be people at Hasbro with religious objections to profiting from toy devils, or at least a sensitivity to other people who may feel that way. 

Ultimately, we have no idea what their reasoning is, and they probably won't make it publicly known. 

It is a very interesting topic to say the least and thankyou for some background knowledge.

Also VERY surprised they haven't made the rest of the Inhumans Royal Family, or despite the tons of X-Men waves, never did any of the Starjammers. 

I don't want to turn this into a "I wish they'd make this or that figure" answer ('cause I'd be screaming for Red Wolf. I realize though he's a bit obscure for most). The question was "Figures you are surprised Hasbro haven't done", and I'm genuinely surprised we haven't seen those I listed above yet. Add to that The Watcher, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Mole Man. These are some of the oldest, most familiar characters in the Marvel 'verse and I really can't figure out why they haven't been done yet (or at least updated). 

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Also VERY surprised they haven't made the rest of the Inhumans Royal Family, or despite the tons of X-Men waves, never did any of the Starjammers. 

Add to that The Watcher, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Mole Man. These are some of the oldest, most familiar characters in the Marvel 'verse and I really can't figure out why they haven't been done yet (or at least updated). 

Yep hasbro not doing Starjammers and inhumans are a mystery. But titanium man and a possibly classic Crimson Dynamo would be instant buys, same with the watcher but I feel like hasbro is going to make him in their what if wave or make a single release of the watcher based off that look.

• 3 weeks later...

Crystal has been mentioned but definitely tops the list for me.  She's easily as prominent as Black Bolt and Medusa and been a member of the FF and Avengers. I can understand Hasbro holding off on Karnak, Triton, and Gorgon (though I would say Karnak would be next up after Crystal), but not Crystal.

Nova (Frankie Raye) just needs a headsculpt and a coat of paint to exist.

Classic Havok would be simple but as yet eludes us (from Hasbro).

We have gotten a couple Union Jacks but Spitfire would be easy to do (especially with the new Firestar headsculpts).

11 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Crystal has been mentioned but definitely tops the list for me.  She's easily as prominent as Black Bolt and Medusa and been a member of the FF and Avengers. I can understand Hasbro holding off on Karnak, Triton, and Gorgon (though I would say Karnak would be next up after Crystal), but not Crystal.

Nova (Frankie Raye) just needs a headsculpt and a coat of paint to exist.

Classic Havok would be simple but as yet eludes us (from Hasbro).

We have gotten a couple Union Jacks but Spitfire would be easy to do (especially with the new Firestar headsculpts).

I have a sinking feeling that nova is gonna be part of the haslab