Marvel Mech Strike Products From Hasbro And Funko

JayC

We first gave you an indication of these coming from Hasbro back in January, but now thanks to Amzaon UK we have our first look at the Hasbro 6" Marvel Mech Strike Captain America figure. Actually I think this might be one of the Deluxe figures in the line. Cap is the only figure currently listed but there should be a whole assortment of basic and deluxe figures coming. We also have a look at the Mech Strike Iron Man Nerf Blaster. These products are obviously geared for the kids and based on the Marvel Comic Book AVENGERS MECH STRIKE limited series.

There definitely seems to be a market push from Marvel for the Mech Strike stuff as we are also seeing other companies like Funko do products based on it. At this point we've not seen any indications from Hasbro that they will be doing anything more than the kids stuff. In other words I don't think we will see Marvel Legends versions of these, but you never know.

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-01.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-02.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-03.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-04.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-05.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-06.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-07.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-08.jpg

Marvel-Mech-Strike-Captain-America-09.jpg

Thanks to a heads up by Disfunko, we have a look at the assortment of regular release Funko POP! vinyl figures based on the Marvel Mech series. The images were discovered on the AmazonUK website. We already told you how Hasbro will be doing products based on this series which originates from a Marvel Comic Book limited series of the same name. The assortment includes Mech figures of Captain America, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Hulk and Thor.

Marvel-Mech-Strike-POP.jpg

These look more fun and kid-friendly than the Avengers video game figures (The carded Cap figure really needs some red on it, though). I'm guessing the mech suits will be $19.99, and take the place of the $19.99 2-packs...? Not a toy line that I'll actively collect, but I'll probably pick up a few for fun, especially if I find them at a discount on Amazon. The Thanos mech is the highlight of them so far, IMO.

The Funko Pop! Vinyl figures look cool- I wish they were actual action figures. I'll probably buy Thor, at least. It's be ncie if Hasbro did some figures of mechs like that.

Hmmm....does this mean that Hasbro has somehow been able to crack the code of being able to fit a regular sized action figure inside the shell of a large Mech figure? Y'know that thing that the ML team said was "impossible" back in the day when we were all hoping to get that for that Hulkbuster? Even if you need to remove the figures arms to make it happen, I think the Moira figure has shown us that that kind of radical design is not only possible, but it's available right now! The possibilities are endless. I mean, you could do anything from the MCU Hulkbuster to.......well, to Comic Hulkbuster! Oh, the miracle of modern engineering.

But seriously, where's it at already, Hasbro? Is it possible that one of the figures in this secret MCU line up for this year might have a Hulkbuster with removable figure (be it Stark or Bruce) in the plan? I would pay the $60 to have both options. Plus it's a sneaky way to use the scrawny suit buck for like the 90th time to give us two of the civilian figures we've been asking for. Printing money, baby! Just print the money.

37 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Couldn't Hasbro have found a way to put the toys' arms inside the mech? Instead making them look like a weaker version of Four Arms from Ben 10. God, I really hope Hasbro does not make Legends versions of these.

I mean this is really for children so specs like that they dont give a #$## I mean I wouldn't either. But I agree that hasbro shouldn't make something like this in ML.

55 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Hmmm....does this mean that Hasbro has somehow been able to crack the code of being able to fit a regular sized action figure inside the shell of a large Mech figure? Y'know that thing that the ML team said was "impossible" back in the day when we were all hoping to get that for that Hulkbuster? Even if you need to remove the figures arms to make it happen, I think the Moira figure has shown us that that kind of radical design is not only possible, but it's available right now! The possibilities are endless. I mean, you could do anything from the MCU Hulkbuster to.......well, to Comic Hulkbuster! Oh, the miracle of modern engineering.

But seriously, where's it at already, Hasbro? Is it possible that one of the figures in this secret MCU line up for this year might have a Hulkbuster with removable figure (be it Stark or Bruce) in the plan? I would pay the $60 to have both options. Plus it's a sneaky way to use the scrawny suit buck for like the 90th time to give us two of the civilian figures we've been asking for. Printing money, baby! Just print the money.

And yes I would willingly pay for a comic book hulkbuster, it has been far too long. And I would only buy a MCU one if it is the mark from Infinity war. I wouldn't pay for a rerelease of the age of ultron one.

1 hour ago, Hogun said:

Couldn't Hasbro have found a way to put the toys' arms inside the mech? Instead making them look like a weaker version of Four Arms from Ben 10. God, I really hope Hasbro does not make Legends versions of these.

They did back in the 80's apparently they have forgotten or couldn't be bothered

8 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They did back in the 80's apparently they have forgotten or couldn't be bothered

To be fair, that was because the inner 'bots of the Pretender Transformers all had arms that folded behind their backs (and feet that flipped down to be fully vertical), and I'm guessing Hasbro wouldn't want the figures to be folded in to weird poses that the human body can't be put in, but it would be nice if the figure arms could at least hold on to the undersides of the mech arms in some way, so it looked like they were controlling them. 

5 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

To be fair, that was because the inner 'bots of the Pretender Transformers all had arms that folded behind their backs (and feet that flipped down to be fully vertical), and I'm guessing Hasbro wouldn't want the figures to be folded in to weird poses that the human body can't be put in, but it would be nice if the figure arms could at least hold on to the undersides of the mech arms in some way, so it looked like they were controlling them. 

Not all of the a number of the Mini-Pretenders didn't need to change fold in their limbs 

3 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Not all of the a number of the Mini-Pretenders didn't need to change fold in their limbs 

True. Those were all much smaller than their shells though, and were basically little rectangular blocks that fit in to much bigger shells, with the bigger parts of the vehicle or beast mode hooked on to the outer shell, as opposed to the thin, more action-figure-ish 'bots of the first year/full-sized pretenders, so I figured those were the best comparison. They could definitely figure out something better to do with the Mech Strike figure arms, though- the lack of any controls for the mech is odd, without their arms being in the mech's arms.