Are we overdue for a comic version of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)?

Dabboi

The last one came out in 2015 in the Allfather wave, I believe. It's decent by todays standards and great by 2015 standards.

There was also a gray variant (I think for Marvel Unlimited subs)

With as heavy as Marvel have been pushing the character for the last decade; it's strange that we've only gotten the one version of Carol (under the Captain Marvel moniker). I know she doesn't change her suit too often, but I'm pretty sure she has long hair again and the face on the last one is plastic shiny. The face could do with an update at least.

What do you think? Personally, I'd say most characters pre 2017-2018 could do with a rerelease just to up the face paints.

All of Hasbro's female molds are awful imo, and that last one is the best we can get on them. I don't really want them to redo many women until we get a mold that brings articulation up to par- double jointed arms, butterfly joints, better neck articulation, more range in the hips and torso- I want parity with the GI Joe Classified molds at the bare minimum first.

I wouldn't mind having an updated Captain Marvel with the long hair and maybe some power effects with better articulation. I'd also like her classic look from when she first became Cap Marvel. That said, the Warbird figure from the Target exclusive 3 pack will always be my favorite of her. I love that figure and it's actually gorgeous in my opinion. I wouldn't mind that figure but with updated articulation. I don't get why Hasbro drops the ball so hard on female figures. They do so good on sculpts but why is it so hard to articulate them?

I’d like a new Captain Marvel figure, hope it’s based on Kelly Thompson’s run. I’d also take a Hazmat, Star, Dr. Minerva, and Accuser Lauri-Ell

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'd rather get a Warbird figure to go on my Villains shelf 😄

This ^

I actually love that Cap Marvel we have, I think if they updated it, it would be worse because they likely would give it some scrawny buck, I think it's wonderful as is and holds up still. I however would Love Carol as Warbird/Ms. Marvel re-release/re-do , that is a need.

Yes, they are overdue for another Captain Marvel. They are overdue on the original Ms. Marvel for sure. Using the Rogue model from the Rogue/Pyro two pack, they could give her the pinless tech, scarf, etc.

Far as the Cockrum Ms. Marvel goes, that was perfection. They could re-release it like they did Rogue for the "retro" line; not a lot of fans got to nab her in that 3 pack she originally came in. 

It baffles me that Marvel went thru all the trouble to move her from Ms. Marvel to CAPTAIN Marvel back in 2012, gave her a totally new costume and hairstyle etc, then started putting on belt pouches and ankle boots and other unnecessary crap. The odin series Captain needs to be re-done, fix those derpy eyes and put her on a better body mold.

Hasbro is definitely overdue another Captain Marvel. She's one of those characters whose modern looks I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't made. I'd add her next to Hawkeye, Loki, Doctor Strange, Falcon and Pymtron.

They should give it a proper unique sculpt to capture all the seams and textures of her current costume. They can even max profits on that unique mold by re-releasing it in green tones and with a Universal Weapon to have Accuser Captain Marvel from Empyre.

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

It baffles me that Marvel went thru all the trouble to move her from Ms. Marvel to CAPTAIN Marvel back in 2012, gave her a totally new costume and hairstyle etc, then started putting on belt pouches and ankle boots and other unnecessary crap.

Luckly, since then they've tonned down the added elements from Kris Anka's revision, and they've mostly gone back to the Jamie McKelvie version. The only big elements from Anka's version that are kept are the short gloves and the sash/belt. This is more or less how she looks like nowadays:

Carol_Danvers_%2528Earth-616%2529_from_E