Echo Getting A New Hawkeye Spin-Off Series On Disney+?

JayC

Even though the Hawkeye series which will star Jeremy Renner has yet to premier on Disney+, one of the characters in that show is already being looked at for getting their own spin-off series. according to Variety, the character known as Echo who will be played by actress Alaqua Cox in the Hawkeye series is getting her own show on Disney+ that is in the early stages of development. According to Variety, Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to produce and write the series.

For those not familiar with Echo, she is a deaf Native American character who first appeared in the Daredevil comics back in 1999 with issue #9. She was created by David Mack and artist Joe Quesada. Later on she popped up taking on the Ronin identity in New Avengers #11. Ronin of course was an identity also used by Clint Barton (Hawkeye) in both the comics and in the MCU Avengers: Endgame movie.

Echo.jpg

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Never a fan of Echo and  it seems that they are jumping the gun given the show is still in production yet already they see Echo as the breakout star

Though I am a fan, I was kinda thinking the same thing about jumping the gun on such a obscure character. But after thinking about it, it kinda makes sense. First, they've been able to cast a virtual unknown actor for the role so I'm pretty sure she comes with a much smaller price tag than some of the bigger names, and they'll probably be able to lock her in for a multi-show or movie deal easy enough. Second, another show about a character who doesn't really have powers that require any significant special effects would be easy on the budget. If they can get the characterization, story and fight scenes down pretty good they could be looking at a Daredevil type success. And to Disney, a little hint that Netflix couldn't seem to pick up on for their other shows. Give her an actual costume.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

Though I am a fan, I was kinda thinking the same thing about jumping the gun on such a obscure character. But after thinking about it, it kinda makes sense. First, they've been able to cast a virtual unknown actor for the role so I'm pretty sure she comes with a much smaller price tag than some of the bigger names, and they'll probably be able to lock her in for a multi-show or movie deal easy enough. Second, another show about a character who doesn't really have powers that require any significant special effects would be easy on the budget. If they can get the characterization, story and fight scenes down pretty good they could be looking at a Daredevil type success. And to Disney, a little hint that Netflix couldn't seem to pick up on for their other shows. Give her an actual costume.

From a cost perspective it does make sense, but what if she's terrible and no-one likes her, then it could be costly.

I mean sure why not, if they can make it work then so be it, do I think there are dozens of other marvel characters who are more important to the universe and deserve a show before her yes, but marvel studios gonna do marvel studios. I said this before...they are looming into territories of wearing the standard public fanbase too thin with too much on the current horizon, ideas like this just seem to way forward thinking and overly confident in themselves, what if echo sucks and nobody wants to watch an echo show? just saying *shrug*

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Though I am fan...

See I have very little knowledge on echo. I barely know the character. Now her getting her own show with ur point makes sense but still how are they going to make show of a minor character that hasn't even appeared in any MCU media. Like it would make sense to give echo her own show if people loved the character and hyping the character to the point where marvel notices the love for the character and then makes a spin off. But this feels really early to do such a thing.