Marvel Select Rampaging Hulk Video Review And Images

JayC

He looks pretty decent and definitely the best marvel select Hulk, easily. Those hulks were awful. I like how similar this one is to the legends 80th hluk. Some gripes tho, I dont like how big his head is and how flat his feet are. Aside from those, he looks great and that size is nice. I think my 80th will do overall for me tho. 

I'm sorry but this figure destroys Marvel Legends version, it's better sculpt, almost similar articulation and way better paint job that makes figure look like collectible than shiny toy, for long time I used Avengers movie Hulk in my display, since I don't have issue with Hulk getting bigger and bigger with his rage, and I do believe there's some evidence to believe he can be that tall, either way it's best Hulk action figure ever and I need this ASAP.

MS definitely took it's cues from the ML version. It's almost shameless how much it resembles it. To say it destroys ML's version is a little much, as it's pretty much a veritable clone. I think it is the best Hulk ever done by MS and probably the best Hulk done in 7" scale. I'd go so far to say, based on the quality of the Hulk figures done by MS in the past that they just more or less copied Hasbro's design and improved on it. Personally, I would argue that the ML version's face sculpt is better, but I suppose that's up to one's own preference. Furthermore, I don't think MS would have done as good a job if Hasbro hadn't laid out the blueprint in front of them. Better paint apps? Maybe, but I would also argue that ML's detailing is better, especially in the arms and torso area.

It's a good figure, a great figure, as a matter of fact, but it is essentially just a scaled up version of the ML version. I'd get it myself if I was a 7" collector, but otherwise what's the point. It's too big for all my 6" figures and the ML version is good and it serves it's purpose for those figures. Now, do a Sasquatch that stands at least this tall and then we can talk.

I've got this one on pre-order to use as Cosmic Hulk and looking forward to receiving it. The only version of the 80th Hulk sculpt that I bought was Red Hulk to replace the early Hasbro BAF. For regular Hulk I have an old Toy Biz Hulk Classics version that I still prefer. I also have the Toy Biz Legends First Appearance Grey Hulk that I still love as well.

In general I don't buy many Marvel Select but this was one that I though was worth it. Beyond that all I have from Select are Uatu, Mephisto, Thanos/Lady Death, Hawkeye w/Lucky , 2 Chitauri from the first Avengers movies and several Brood/Skrull army builders. I also have the Marvel Zombie figures that they made (Cap, Spidey, Hulk, Magneto, Sabretooth). I had Moon Knight but sold it, although I kind of wish I'd kept it now. I do plan on getting Titanium Man when he comes out this summer. In general, I strongly prefer Legends for better scale and articulation.

This is a really good looking figure, it's basically just a super size edition of the ML, the fact it looks almost identical is the reason I think it's really not a necessary buy for anyone who already has the 80th Hulk, but is probably a great buy for anyone who doesn't already. I personally don't like that open mouth face he's got, looks like his mouth is slack jawed a bit and if he closed his mouth he'd have an underbite.

I'm sticking with the ML.

12 hours ago, monron999 said:

It's a good figure, a great figure, as a matter of fact, but it is essentially just a scaled up version of the ML version. I'd get it myself if I was a 7" collector, but otherwise what's the point. It's too big for all my 6" figures and the ML version is good and it serves it's purpose for those figures. Now, do a Sasquatch that stands at least this tall and then we can talk.

This is my exact thought process. And more importantly we need a larger Sasquatch, the ML is criminally undersized. IMO the gamerverse abomination Bag size would be good for Sasquatch.

22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This is a really good looking figure, it's basically just a super size edition of the ML, the fact it looks almost identical is the reason I think it's really not a necessary buy for anyone who already has the 80th Hulk, but is probably a great buy for anyone who doesn't already. I personally don't like that open mouth face he's got, looks like his mouth is slack jawed a bit and if he closed his mouth he'd have an underbite.

I'm sticking with the ML.

Yeah, especially seeing the side view, I like the head sculpt less than I thought I would- that's a weird, jutting lower jaw. These photos make this figure a "maybe" for me. 

Add me to those calling for a Marvel Select Sasquatch. The Legends Sasquatch is too damn small! I'd be first in line to pre-order that one. Please get the sculpt right though by consulting 1980s Alpha Flight issues, but Select seems to be improving on their sculpts as seen with this Hulk, which is a vast improvement over their zombie Hulks that weren't even supposed to be zombies. The clean classic look is for me.

I'm in agreement with others saying that this is a nice looking Hulk but verrry similar to the Legends Hulk and kinda too big for my Legends shelf but I could fudge it and damn if he doesn't look good and I'm not sure I could resist it if I saw it in person let me just do a quick search for a second do I need or not need okay whoops I ordered it....

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Add me to those calling for a Marvel Select Sasquatch. The Legends Sasquatch is too damn small! I'd be first in line to pre-order that one. Please get the sculpt right though by consulting 1980s Alpha Flight issues, but Select seems to be improving on their sculpts as seen with this Hulk, which is a vast improvement over their zombie Hulks that weren't even supposed to be zombies. The clean classic look is for me.

Well Sasquatch, we will pray for someone to make you that scales well.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:57 PM, SUPREME007 said:

This is my exact thought process. And more importantly we need a larger Sasquatch, the ML is criminally undersized. IMO the gamerverse abomination Bag size would be good for Sasquatch.

Thoughts and prayers for a larger Sasquatch being made by Diamond Select.

By the way, you mentioned the Gamerverse Abomination, which is a little taller than Legends Hulk. I thought the Select Abomination as far as build and maybe even a bit taller. He even has the long arms already.

https://marvelousnews.com/252-18074

On 3/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, SpiderS said:

I'm sorry but this figure destroys Marvel Legends version, it's better sculpt, almost similar articulation and way better paint job that makes figure look like collectible than shiny toy, for long time I used Avengers movie Hulk in my display, since I don't have issue with Hulk getting bigger and bigger with his rage, and I do believe there's some evidence to believe he can be that tall, either way it's best Hulk action figure ever and I need this ASAP.

Ang Lee messed you up with that Gawd awful atrocity of a movie.. Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets, nothing else, especially not size changing. 

On 3/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, Gigantor said:

Ang Lee messed you up with that Gawd awful atrocity of a movie.. Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets, nothing else, especially not size changing. 

spacer.png

Yes, yet namesake Immortal Hulk is supposed to be bigger, but this head doesn't look as much as immortal hulk, funny enough Immortal hulk series shares a lot of DNA with Ang Lee Hulk movie, which didn't land but at least tried to explore and portray traumatic and tragic childhood past of Bruce with his deranged father, which newer marvel movies still ignore.

• 8 months later...