Black Widow Hitting Theaters and Disney+ Now On July 9

JayC

Marvel has revealed 6 new character posters for the upcoming Black Widow that will hit theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on July 9.

In Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller “Black Widow,” Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger. Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian, and Rachel Weisz is Melina. Directed by Cate Shortland and produced by Kevin Feige, “Black Widow”—the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-01.jpg

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-02.jpg

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-03.jpg

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-04.jpg

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-05.jpg

Black-Widow-Character-Posters-06.jpg

8 hours ago, Brenttoo said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I actually like that we've had so much distance between this and her last appearance in Endgame. I think that'll lend itself well to the fact that while this isn't a prequel, its taking us so far back to the origins of this character that it'll feel like one. 

As stated before it's an interquel. It's set between Civil War and Infinity War

Just two sisters bonding during a high-speed chase.

Check out this brand new clip from Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow,” and experience it in theaters or on Disney+ with Premier Access on July 9. Additional fee required.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, RyanDaly said:

Since Taskmaster doesn't really do it for me, I'm kind of hoping that Rachel Weisz suits up as Iron Maiden at some point in the film.

spacer.png

Apparently even if she doesn't in this movie, there is allegedly a hint at the Iron Maiden mask in this film, so she may be Iron Maiden in the movie, either way I think we can guess Melina is a bad guy secretly, probably pulling some taskmaster strings, although the whole mask thing is just speculation based of a still found, it may not even be the mask...but sure looks like it.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

either way I think we can guess Melina is a bad guy secretly, probably pulling some taskmaster strings,

Initially I was pretty sure all of the "family" members would betray Nat and end up bad guys, which still may be the case, but it sounds like Florence Pugh's appearance in this film is not a one-time only deal.

40 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Initially I was pretty sure all of the "family" members would betray Nat and end up bad guys, which still may be the case, but it sounds like Florence Pugh's appearance in this film is not a one-time only deal.

Oh I never really felt like Alexei was going to betray her, I had the vibe he'd be her only rock in the movie (but I feel like he's going to die), I feel like Yelena will betray her at some point, but then go on to reconcile with nat, after realizing the error of her ways, I feel like Melina will be the real big bad of the movie, and may even go onwards from the movie to become the rival to Yelena in the future as Iron Maiden, speculating aside I'm really excited to see what transpires.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2021 at 12:35 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

We are finally so close! I can't wait, I guess I won't be seeing this in the theaters though since they won't be opening until who knows when here in Ontario.

Same here in Ireland, still I would be waiting for my second vaccine before going to a cinema

On 6/30/2021 at 3:35 AM, leokearon said:

Same here in Ireland, still I would be waiting for my second vaccine before going to a cinema

yeah at this point if I had the opportunity I'd go to the movies, I'm iffy on it, but I'd just love to see a big screen film after all of this time. Ideally I would love the 2nd vaccine before so, but we here don't even have the option, man what a weird time to live in.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:57 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah at this point if I had the opportunity I'd go to the movies, I'm iffy on it, but I'd just love to see a big screen film after all of this time. Ideally I would love the 2nd vaccine before so, but we here don't even have the option, man what a weird time to live in.

Hopefully I'll be getting my second vaccine dose at the end of July, in time for my birthday probably

On 6/30/2021 at 12:04 PM, leokearon said:

Hopefully I'll be getting my second vaccine dose at the end of July, in time for my birthday probably

That's great!, yeah here in Canada we are actually doing very well, we since I last checked had the most vaccinated population in the entire world, and we are actually fast tracking second doses, I'm just waiting for the call to get one, but even then we are so damn cautious here that movie theaters probably won't open until 2023.

Just hope they do her justice. Marvel has never really let her reach her full potential. And too many solo series have been all about this "I need to atone for what I did when I was with the KGB".  Enough of that. The Black Widow should be deadly, ruthless, and on a par with the best martial arts/combat hitters Marvel has to offer. Lets hope the movie at least will show that side of her.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:14 PM, Atlantis said:

Just hope they do her justice. Marvel has never really let her reach her full potential. And too many solo series have been all about this "I need to atone for what I did when I was with the KGB".  Enough of that. The Black Widow should be deadly, ruthless, and on a par with the best martial arts/combat hitters Marvel has to offer. Lets hope the movie at least will show that side of her.

She has "red" in her 📒 that she wants to "atone" for. I'm only looking forward to seeing how badass they make Taskmaster to be.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a bad movie, but it is far cry for the movie that was supposed to honor Black Widow, few interesting events fans and general audience  would want to see are just mentioned in dialogue, but what events we get seem boring in comparison,  it seems disappointing when you considering It wasn't cheap movie with  limited budget and when you remember that  Disney+ shows give us so much. There's some new characters with possibly interesting lore and past,  which might be connected and interconnected with MCU world, something one would want to see but no, we don't get to see that,  instead we get a lot of missed opportunities with good enough action scenes. Villain is  simply weak, there's not enough focus on Natasha thanks to new characters that are at best okay when they don't try to funny, most importantly we just don't get good sense of who they are thanks to the lack of any type of past if we don't count one flashback scene that ironically could have been told by the way of Dialogue.

Black Widow deserved way better and hopefully there's chance she can get better movie in the future that can cover her earlier days or that 5 year gap before endgame.