Black Widow Hitting Theaters and Disney+ Now On July 9

JayC

I thought it was good although not in the top tier of mcu films. I do think the movie would’ve had more impact if it came out before endgame but whatever. Cast was great, yelena and red guardian are great new characters. Action scenes were good (especially taskmaster). Lot of similarities to the winter soldier movie but different enough I guess.

Certainly much better than Captain marvel both in terms of being a prequel and in terms of a female superhero movie (goes without saying it beats WW 84 as well, although I’m not sure if it’s better than the 1st WW movie or not)

also I’m a bit confused by the post prior to mine. Don’t we already have comic figures for red guardian and taskmaster?

The movie was a fun watch but average movie. Joke were funny, especially the meta commentary and action was great.

But I can see certain members of this forum, you guy knows who I mean, complaining rightfully about how they portray a certain character. I wouldn't have minded the gender change, because let face it a hard ass female character is always welcome but that character was just a plot device and machine rather then it's own character.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:54 AM, tarot said:

But I can see certain members of this forum, you guy knows who I mean, complaining rightfully about how they portray a certain character. I wouldn't have minded the gender change, because let face it a hard ass female character is always welcome but that character was just a plot device and machine rather then it's own character.

That is fair, although it is certainly possible we could see the character again in the future, perhaps with a personality that is more similar to the comic book counterpart.  As it stands the reveal of the true identity worked pretty well for me.  I'm glad it didn't turn out to be... ugh can't remember how to do spoiler tags here

Just commenting on the poster:

For her first solo outing, she should've been in her iconic black outfit. The look on her face is too "worried", almost fearful. I would've gone with something more determined, fearsome. 

The MCU Widow figures for me have for the most part been a let down. Not only do they not accurately portray her, the articulation just seems limited for some reason. I really hope the Legends line will come up with better bucks for the female characters. 

I liked the movie, I had really high expectations though, as I felt it was going to be a grand send off for Scarlett's Widow, but it felt as though it fell short, I felt as though it seemed a bit rushed in terms of the story, the new characters were fun, but they also didn't feel very fleshed out, would have been nice to have more of a background for them, they didn't feel like they had too much dimension other then being side kick elements, I also was dissapointed in the threat of Taskmaster whom felt sort of frail, the Taskmaster fight scenes were good, but didn't seem all too elaborate, which is also how I felt about say well any of the fight scenes, for instance that fight with Guardian and Taskmaster, it barely existed, but it should have been far more drawn out, I felt like overall the movie lacked in impact, it felt fleeting and didn't have the heavy substance or weight I hoped it to, either way a good movie for what it is, but for the final go for Scarlett's black widow and for the first movie in the new phase it didn't really seem to meet my desires. I might have to watch it again though.

I thought this was a pretty bad movie. The only positive I can think of is Yelena was great, but the movie seemed super disjointed and generic otherwise. It had glimmers of cool choreography for the fights, but they consistently cut things short before they could actually follow through. Like the skydive fight with Taskmaster at the end, or the opening Taskmaster fight, or anything else involving Taskmaster.

Speaking of Taskmaster, what they did to him is absolutely abysmal. One of the worst "in name only" hackjobs in a franchise filled to the brim with them.