Your biggest gripe with Legends?

Dabboi

2 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I can't believe I forgot to include this in my post. Exclusives are one of the worst things in this hobby. Distribution is already awful and add exclusivity to a figure and its nothing but misery. Tracking down 80th Captain America was one of the most stressful and rage inducing experiences I've had in my years of collecting. That's not how this should work. 

Yep I was in the same situation fucking terrible.

18 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Amen to that. I still have nightmares, lol.

Yep so many figures i do not have because of exclusives, still so pist about clone commander obi wan that was a walgreens exclusive mofos. And the waves of GI Joe I haven gotten. And ML exclusives like the walamrt exclusive endgame cap. Yeo I ordered that like 15 different times, canceled the shipping week every time 🤬.

2 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Yep so many figures i do not have because of exclusives, still so pist about clone commander obi wan that was a walgreens exclusive mofos. And the waves of GI Joe I haven gotten. And ML exclusives like the walamrt exclusive endgame cap. Yeo I ordered that like 15 different times, canceled the shipping week every time 🤬.

I've been lucky and other people have found the Cap stuff for me. I did pre-orders as well and all were canceled even though the store had them on the shelf eventually.🤷‍♂️ I wanted Firefly from Classified as he's my favorite Joe character (most of the time) but no dice. Never even made it to the stores if the clerks there are telling the truth. 

I feel for everyone who's frustrated with exclusives. It's weird how regionally lopsided distribution seems to be. Living in a major city, clustered near other big cities, has made obtaining exclusives relatively stress-free for me, but I've had to work at a few of them. The first time I walked into a Walgreens looking for each of Magik, Mystique, and Obi-Wan, I found them, and all the Target exclusives I've ever wanted were easy to find using Bricklink or their website. (Ordering online at 1am ET the morning of release is a very reliable way of getting the figure either shipped to you or reserved in-store for you, by the way.) I've only ever wanted Black Series figures from Walmart, but setting "in-stock reminders" and being patient on their website has gotten me all those, as they sporadically restock everything.

On the other hand, Dani took an hour or two of calling various Walgreens stores and ultimately meant driving around Wilmington, Delaware to pick up all the copies I'd reserved, which was frustrating at first, but ultimately kind of fun and relaxing. I ended up having to trade to get Emma, and I had someone from one of these boards buy the Cuckoos for me in New York and mail them, but in all three cases patience would have paid off. I've seen Emma at various Walgreens a few times since, and Dani and the Cuckoos are literally in-stock at my own store and various other small retailers as we speak, thanks to getting second lives as non-exclusives (and the same happened with 80th Cap and lots of Black Series figures).

I don't like how difficult some exclusives are to find, but I'm pretty sure their existence and scarcity are pretty crucial to the line's survival. I just wish more of them would be lesser fan favourites that will do their job without being must-buys for every collector. Making classic Captain America a Walmart exclusive was a dick move, for instance, no matter how you slice it.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, Emnems80 said:

It was lack of double jointed elbows on female figures, but the new Domino reveal just nixed that lol.

Now it's probably the use of loose straps instead of having them sculpted on (i.e. the thigh and calf straps on the Jim Lee Cyclops).

I had not thought about how much I hate this trend in Legends! what the blazing hell is the reason behind this blunder!, why are they not sculpted or glued on, it's such a clear as day nod to somebody making a decision  on behalf of laziness.  I can't stand staring at figures who's stupid cuff/boot strap has slipped down, I know if I touch that figure to fix it even more awfulness is going to occur. 

I do primarily despise exclusives, but I think the distribution is totally random. I have about 3 Wal-Marts near me and I only found 1 Cap between the three, yet each of them still had a dozen of those Grey Black Widow figs from last year. Wal-Mart might be pretty bad with exclusives, but Target, and Walgreens are worse. (Also GameStop and Best Buy, if you do Black Series)