Marvel Legends - Welcome To The Jungle?!?

JayC

Thanks to a heads up from JTPrime we have a new mysterious Marvel Legends listing that has started to pop up on one of the Amazon sites.

This one is listed as:

MVL LEGENDS Jungle 2
Product Number: F1122
EAN: 5010993858248
Estimated release: November 1st
130 Euros

I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT THIS IS at this time. Indications from the title is that it might be some kind of 2-pack for something jungle themed. The price which is in Euros seems hefty as that would translate to around $150 US.

If the set is Jungle themed, the first thing that comes to my mind is something from the Savage Land. Based on the price, if that is accurate another possibility I could see is a 2-pack featuring one of Jack Kirby's creations with Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur. Hasbro did do a Moon Boy figure a few years back as part of the 4" Marvel Universe line. So I could seem them possibly doing a 6" version flocked with his larger Dinosaur companion.

Keep in mind this is all PURE speculation at this point. Jungle could simply be a misleading code name to hide the true identity for whatever this is.

It's also unclear at this time if this is something that will be a general release or possibly an Amazon exclusive. When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Jungle.jpg

I'm leaning towards a Savage Land set. Maybe Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu and Sauron? Throw in Kraven since he spend much of his time their. Wolverine as well could go into their in his savage form.

But I do hope it's Devil D. Never mind Moon Boy, Devil D has been on most people wish lists for years. 

Also given the price im leaning towards it being an Amazon exclusive.

Devil Dinosaur would be amazing! As a BAF, his parts would be hard to fit in the standard-sized figure packaging, so a "super-deluxe" separate release makes sense. I'm guessing Moon Boy would basically be the same tooling as Wild Child, with a new head, so his fur would just be painted-on, but I can live with that.

I'd guess that's just an unrelated codename. I've already decided this year's Amazon exclusive three-pack and boxset are X-Force and Excalibur, respectively, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is just Excalibur. Deciding last year's SDCC exclusive and troop builder were the Hellfire Club worked last year, so I'm sticking with my gut on this. Maybe we'll know more on the 9th.

A mega-deluxe Devil Dinosaur would make my year but somehow I doubt that’s the case. It’s way more likely that, as others have suggested, this is just a code name for the Excalibur box set or possible even a Savage Land set. Also I don’t think Jungle 2 means 2-Pack does it? That’s just how they notate assortments.

7 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

A mega-deluxe Devil Dinosaur would make my year but somehow I doubt that’s the case. It’s way more likely that, as others have suggested, this is just a code name for the Excalibur box set or possible even a Savage Land set. Also I don’t think Jungle 2 means 2-Pack does it? That’s just how they notate assortments.

It doesn't mean it's a 2 pack, it might mean that there is another Jungle set as well.

I'd be absolutely ecstatic for Devil Dinosaur! I wonder if it would be with Moon Boy like the classic comics or Moon Girl like the recent comics, though.... either one or both would be great with me, although I'd lean towards Moon Boy if they only did one. I've tried very hard to find a stand-in for Devil Dinosaur in my display but have never found anything quite right.

I still have the Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu Savage Land 3-pack that Hasbro did early in their run, so I'd rather they not repeat that ---- or at least I personally would strongly prefer the Devil Dinosaur idea! 

I was originally pretty excited for an Excalibur boxset, but as I'm thinking about it they'll likely go with the original team of which I'd probably only actually want Meggan from. I already have versions of the others that I'm pleased with.

I am happy with my Nightcrawler and Captain Britain, but would love a Rachel/Phoenix, Meggan, and Shadowcat w/Lockheed. Like the Alpha Flight Boxset that didn’t come with Sasquatch or Guardian, I think we could get a Excalibur set that doesn’t have CB and Kurt. Maybe Cerise, Pete Wisdom, Saturnyne, or even Ahab to fill out the set, but I’d be happy with just the three main ladies in their era appropriate uniforms.

I'm in the crew that thinks Jungle is probably just a misdirection code name. Also, it's gotta be some kinda multi-pack, but not necessarily a 2 pack. If I had to guess I'd say a Savage Land set with Kazar, Shanna Zabu and possibly Rogue. A bunch scantily clad characters would not likely go over well at PC strongholds like Wal-Mart and Target so I'm leaning towards an exclusive, and not necessarily Amazon.

If it is Devil Dinosaur I hope it comes with Moon Boy and Moon Girl to make good with both sides of the fandom. Let us choose which way we wanna display them.

18 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Maybe the giant panther/Bast statue that looks out over Wakanda? Or maybe a Warrior Falls display/playset with T'Challa and Killmonger in their ritual combat looks.

Ever since I saw the Black Panther movie, I've so badly wanted to build a big Warrior Falls display. It seems like such a perfect way to display Legends. Sadly I'm just not good at that kind of stuff...

Who knows, it really could be anything at this point, a code name for something that has nothing to do with Jungles, something to do with Jungles..I dunno

If it has to do with Jungles I'd be stoked on some Savage land action a new Ka-zar, Shanna, Zabu, Rogue, Amphibius and Lupo multipack, or maybe it's a jungle diorama that's why it costs so much!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Oh, duh. Jungle is just code for "Amazon-exclusive" (as in Amazon jungle), and it's likely "Jungle 2" because the team boxsets normally follow an annual Amazon three-pack, which is almost certainly Jungle 1. I stand by X-Force and Excalibur.

Ha! You're probably right! If it's Excalibur it will likely Captain Britain, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rachel and Meggan. Meggan would be the only one that I'd want.

If it was X-Force, who do we think? I'd guess Cable, Cannonball (this is probably how we'd get his legs), Rictor, Sunspot and Boom Boom. Of those the only one that I would want is Rictor. Or since the Fox MCU characters are in play, maybe it would be Deadpool's X-Force from Deadpool 2? Then it would probably be Deadpool, Domino, Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist. Or I suppose it could be the current comic iteration and maybe Beast, Colossus, Domino, Quentin and Wolverine? Lots of possibilities I guess....

Personally I'd strongly prefer Devil Dinosaur to any of these!!! Wishful thinking....

My speculation on X-Force is any two of these three: Domino, Rictor, Siryn, plus Feral and a pack-in of Cannonball's legs. We know we're getting a character with a tail and we know we're getting Cannonball's legs, but there's nowhere left on the schedule to satisfy either of those clues this year other than through retailer exclusives. Amazon has done a three-pack the last few years, so it seems like a great place to take care of both clues and fill in most of the remaining 90s X-Force team.

This is my called shot. X-Force three-pack and Excalibur team box, both coming from Amazon toward the end of the year.