Marvel Legends - Welcome To The Jungle?!?

JayC

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

Well, that corroborates my Jungle theory, even if it doesn't confirm a three-pack for the year. I still think it's likely, especially when you consider that the box-sets (Days of Future Past, Alpha Flight, Children of Thanos) have been mostly re-use, which would be fine for most of Excalibur (less ideal for Rachel, I concede), but the three-packs often have more new tooling, like Nimrod, Magneto, etc.

Just now, Benn said:

Well, that confirms my Jungle theory, even if it doesn't confirm a three-pack for the year. I still think it's likely, especially when you consider that the box-sets (Days of Future Past, Alpha Flight, Children of Thanos) have been mostly re-use, which would be fine for most of Excalibur (less ideal for Rachel, I concede), but the three-packs often have more new tooling, like Nimrod, Magneto, etc.

given the price it's definitely not a 3-pack. As someone from Ireland, 130 Euros is the equivalent of a 5/6 figures box set. 

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

given the price it's definitely not a 3-pack. As someone from Ireland, 130 Euros is the equivalent of a 5/6 figures box set. 

No, I get that. I believe this box is Excalibur. I believe there will also be an Amazon three-pack, as there has been the last two years, that I think will contain Cannonball's legs and Feral. There's virtually nowhere left on this year's schedule for the legs or for a tail character other than as retailer exclusives, unless the tail character is in the F4 or Age of Apocalypse waves, or something from What If? (None of which bodes well for Tigra or Feral fans.) I was just previously proposing that Jungle 1 was likely that set, since the three-pack usually precedes the box set, but I forgot about Deadpool.

I'd be a little disappointed if the next three pack *and* box set are X-Men focused, I'm getting pretty Mutant'd out lately, but an Excalibur set feels inevitable after the teases, and an X-Force multipack makes sense somewhere too, we still need Feral and classic Domino to go with Cannonball's legs. I wouldn't mind seeing a Target twopack of Feral and Cannonball and Domino getting shuffled into a Deadpool wave later on, though, so the three pack is able to be something else.

RIP Devil Dinosaur one way or another. Maybe one day.

4 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I'd be a little disappointed if the next three pack *and* box set are X-Men focused, I'm getting pretty Mutant'd out lately, but an Excalibur set feels inevitable after the teases, and an X-Force multipack makes sense somewhere too, we still need Feral and classic Domino to go with Cannonball's legs. I wouldn't mind seeing a Target twopack of Feral and Cannonball and Domino getting shuffled into a Deadpool wave later on, though, so the three pack is able to be something else.

RIP Devil Dinosaur one way or another. Maybe one day.

I get being disappointed about that possibility if the X-verse isn't your focus, but to be fair there aren't a lot of X-Men on the schedule this year. There was the House of X wave, there's Lady Deathstrike and Arcade (the latter of whom is arguably just as much a Spider-Man villain), there's the rumoured second Age of Apocalypse wave, and then there's the release of the Haslab sentinels. I guess Amazon's movie Deadpool too. That's a huge reduction in X-output from the last few years. And, Amazon has heretofore overwhelmingly focused on X-adjacent and/or movie figures. Days of Future Past, the Magneto family, Alpha Flight, Nimrod, Wolverine, and Deadpool are all X-adjacent, with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Children of Thanos all being movie figures. Have they had anything else in recent memory that I'm missing?

2 minutes ago, Benn said:

I get being disappointed about that possibility if the X-verse isn't your focus, but to be fair there aren't a lot of X-Men on the schedule this year. There was the House of X wave, there's Lady Deathstrike and Arcade (the latter of whom is arguably just as much a Spider-Man villain), there's the rumoured second Age of Apocalypse wave, and then there's the release of the Haslab sentinels. I guess Amazon's movie Deadpool too. That's a huge reduction in X-output from the last few years. And, Amazon has heretofore overwhelmingly focused on X-adjacent and/or movie figures. Days of Future Past, the Magneto family, Alpha Flight, Nimrod, Wolverine, and Deadpool are all X-adjacent, with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Children of Thanos all being movie figures. Have they had anything else in recent memory that I'm missing?

The Defenders box set, but the only other exception I can think of was way back when they did that AoU set. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on X-Force being the three pack if we get one; I'm just holding a small hope it might be something else.

Since we seem to think it could be an Excalibur set, I personally think it'd be the more contemporary forms of the team (i.e. Betsy as Captain Britain and Brian as Captain Avalon), but I'm hoping for the classic looks

Maybe it's a curveball and it's a Captain Britain Corps set

4 hours ago, Benn said:

No, I get that. I believe this box is Excalibur. I believe there will also be an Amazon three-pack, as there has been the last two years, that I think will contain Cannonball's legs and Feral. There's virtually nowhere left on this year's schedule for the legs or for a tail character other than as retailer exclusives, unless the tail character is in the F4 or Age of Apocalypse waves, or something from What If? (None of which bodes well for Tigra or Feral fans.) I was just previously proposing that Jungle 1 was likely that set, since the three-pack usually precedes the box set, but I forgot about Deadpool.

We actually haven't seen much for this year, all things considered. Given leaked lists, we can pretty safely say that the D+ and Iron Man waves don't have anything warranting a tail in them (unless the Iron Man BAF is totally out of left field), Probably not AoA wave 2 either, even if we got Nightcrawler, that wouldn't be a new sculpt. D+/What If wave 2 is possible, who knows what surprises will be in there. Same with the NWH wave, they could give us a Stegron BAF or even a movie Scorpion. Eternals has no tails and Shang-Chi probably not either unless the BAF is FFF or something. But outside of waves we don't know anything about exclusives for the second half of the year. I'm still hoping it's Bushmaster lol. In a 2-pack with one of the female SS members since we haven't gotten one of those yet.

Isn't there, based on the leaked Lego photos, a dragon in the Shang-Chi movie? The BAF for that wave could always be a dragon... that could be the tail figure. 

Have they said for sure that we are JUST getting Cannonball's legs? I would love it if they were a "bonus" with a multi-pack, but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to just give us a legged Cannonball, and make us buy him twice to get the two bottom halves. I'd love it, if it happens, if the X-Force 3-pack is Feral, Siryn, and Rictor, with Cannonball's legs.

So, the MSRP for this set is consistent with what previous Amazon boxed sets cost in Europe- about $150.00 USD? That's rough. 

Just now, The Mad Bubbler said:

Isn't there, based on the leaked Lego photos, a dragon in the Shang-Chi movie? The BAF for that wave could always be a dragon... that could be the tail figure. 

Have they said for sure that we are JUST getting Cannonball's legs? I would love it if they were a "bonus" with a multi-pack, but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to just give us a legged Cannonball, and make us buy him twice to get the two bottom halves. I'd love it, if it happens, if the X-Force 3-pack is Feral, Siryn, and Rictor, with Cannonball's legs.

So, the MSRP for this set is consistent with what previous Amazon boxed sets cost in Europe- about $150.00 USD? That's rough. 

Never trust Lego sets. ever, They add stuff to the sets that are never in the movie. Just look at some of the Dr. Strange and Endgame sets.

Also we just confirmed that it is not a 3-pack. The 150 price would be the equivalent of a standard box set with at least 5 figures.

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

Never trust Lego sets. ever, They add stuff to the sets that are never in the movie. Just look at some of the Dr. Strange and Endgame sets.

Also we just confirmed that it is not a 3-pack. The 150 price would be the equivalent of a standard box set with at least 5 figures.

Yeah, good point about the Legos. The Endgame sets were full of random stuff.

I know it isn't the 3-pack, but $150.00 for a 5-pack is a lot, when thet cost US consumers $100.00; unless the USA MSRP is higher for this set, too?

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, good point about the Legos. The Endgame sets were full of random stuff.

I know it isn't the 3-pack, but $150.00 for a 5-pack is a lot, when thet cost US consumers $100.00; unless the USA MSRP is higher for this set, too?

Marvel legends are quite pricey in Ireland due to exchange rates, shipping, taxes, customs and they fact that only recently the largest toy store (SMYTHS) is actually selling them on a regular basis now. 

3 hours ago, Benn said:

You're right. It could be in the Spider-Man wave, but you're basically coming to the same conclusion as me: the tail character is probably a store-exclusive.

Fair enough. A MCU Scorpion would fit that bill perfectly but I think Tigra or Feral are more likely, and those would probably end up being an exclusive.

I still think this will end up being Excalibur, but I would much prefer some more Deadpool movie figures. I could see $150 being the price for maybe another 5-pack or even a 6-pack, akin to last year's children of Thanos. Movie Colossus, Juggernaut, Firefist, Yukio and then probably a repack of Deadpool and/or Cable. Like I said, probably not though. We'll likely have to wait a few years for another X-Men movie wave for Colossus and Juggernaut.

Well if this is true, I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll get a colossus figure and since the price is so high it could likely include juggernaut as well. I don't really see anything else coming from the deadpool movies cause we pretty much have everyone else. There are other things that crossed my mind like an X-Force set and a two pack of Ajax and Angel dust, but honestly I think there's no way they'll do the first and the price is too high for the latter. At this point if this is indeed just a codename and we'll get another deadpool movies related pack, then it most probably includes colossus and juggernaut, it just makes more sense.