Marvel Legends - Welcome To The Jungle?!?

JayC

On 3/28/2021 at 5:43 PM, tarot said:

given that I admit my defeat and now am joining the case that this will be the annual Amazon team set with Excalibur.

My hope

• Cap Brit
  • Meggan (Exclusive to the set)
  • Rachel 
  • Shadowkat
  • Nightcrawler (repaint)
  • Pete Wisdom?

I like this list, but if I'd change any part of the prediction I'd say instead of Pete Wisdom it might be Widget with attachable legs to make the portal.

22 minutes ago, JohnF said:

Well if this is true, I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll get a colossus figure and since the price is so high it could likely include juggernaut as well. I don't really see anything else coming from the deadpool movies cause we pretty much have everyone else. There are other things that crossed my mind like an X-Force set and a two pack of Ajax and Angel dust, but honestly I think there's no way they'll do the first and the price is too high for the latter. At this point if this is indeed just a codename and we'll get another deadpool movies related pack, then it most probably includes colossus and juggernaut, it just makes more sense.

Well, at least we know it is 99 percent probability it's DP related.

I would think Colossus and Juggs would be a sure fire money maker, but the price still seems a little high. I'm sure maybe a ripped in half Deadpool could add some value and perhaps a Domino with backpack straps.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Well, at least we know it is 99 percent probability it's DP related.

I would think Colossus and Juggs would be a sure fire money maker, but the price still seems a little high. I'm sure maybe a ripped in half Deadpool could add some value and perhaps a Domino with backpack straps.

I agree with you it's still a little high, so since we're paying for something so expensive, the more they throw in this pack the better.

Jungle = Amazon

Blue = Walmart

Bullseye = Target

They are retailer specific code names. Its nothing to do with Deadpool movie as much as it’s to do with the jungle. We all know an Excalibur box set is probably coming. This must be it. There won’t be a box set like that unless it’s Amazon or SDCC. I can’t see Excalibur being an SDCC exclusive.

54 minutes ago, Ianfriend said:

Jungle = Amazon

Blue = Walmart

Bullseye = Target

They are retailer specific code names. Its nothing to do with Deadpool movie as much as it’s to do with the jungle. We all know an Excalibur box set is probably coming. This must be it. There won’t be a box set like that unless it’s Amazon or SDCC. I can’t see Excalibur being an SDCC exclusive.

All three have carried a variety of products, but it seems in general that Amazon gets mostly Deadpool exclusives, Wal-Mart gets mostly Cap/Avengers exclusives and Target does mostly X-Men exclusives (as of late, anyway).

That being said, I would be beyond elated if the Jungle did an Excalibur box set.

What other Deadpool exclusives has Target had, beyond the recent movie Deadpool? In the last few years they had the Days of Future Past sentinel, the Magneto family pack, the Nimrod pack, Alpha Flight, and a movie Wolverine, so they're definitely game for non-Deadpool X-related product.

The mysterious Marvel Legends listing that popped up this weekend on Amazon Australia continues to generate a lot of fun speculation for what it could be. To recap, the listing simply has it as "MVL LEGENDS JUNGLE 2".

Yesterday we told you how a similar listing showed up on the German Amazon website for a "MVL LEGENDS JUNGLE 1" item, which is the Amazon exclusive Movie Deadpool (Dusty) figure.

Hasbro often uses the same code names when they offer the same character multiple times, but it also looks like in this case the "Jungle" name is simply designating the item as a Marvel Legends Amazon exclusive.

So I think at this point it's safe to assume the "Jungle" name has no baring on what the actual figure or figures are. Also because there is no sign of this item being listed anywhere else, it very likely is an Amazon exclusive.

Two other things to note about the Jungle 2 listing on Amazon. The price of 130 Euros ($150US) and the dimensions of the packaging which are listed as being 3x12.9x14.9 inches. Both of these things would suggest we are looking at some kind of action figure boxset similar to the Alpha Flight and Children Of Thanos ones previously offered as Amazon exclusives.

With that info, I can't help but think back to that Excalibur clue Hasbro dropped earlier this year when they showed an image for an Excalibur sword in one of their live-streams. General consensus from fans was that Hasbro was teasing an Excalibur themed boxset, and like the previous boxsets we had seen from Hasbro, it would be offered at Amazon.

Excalibur__scaled_600.jpg

So with all that, well we still really don't know exactly what this Jungle 2 listing is going to be, and we really won't until either Hasbro officially announces it or Amazon provides more details with the listing. Still if I was a betting man, my money would be on it being an Excalibur team boxset that likely will be based on the original team. Hopefully we will find out for sure in just under 2 weeks when Hasbro holds it Pulse Fan-Fest on April 9.

8 minutes ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Are you going to front page every theory you have about what it might be?  In just a few days we've gone from Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy to more Deadpool movie stuff, and now an Excalibur box set.

I think the next theory will be that it’s a serpent society box set since there are snakes in the jungle

46 minutes ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Are you going to front page every theory you have about what it might be?  In just a few days we've gone from Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy to more Deadpool movie stuff, and now an Excalibur box set.

There are called theories for a reason mate. Plus it's his site, he can do what he wants on the front page as long as it's related to Marvel.

Man all the suggestions of Deadpool movie figures from Yukio to Francis makes me incredibly sad as an X-Fan.

We should be getting movie figures of Storm and Cyclops and Jean and Rogue, damnit but because of the inconsistent quality of Fox's movies (from greats like X2 and DOFP TO absolute trash like X3 and Dark Phoenix) most fans couldn't care less about getting those characters in those lewks.

Would still like to get those characters in their X2 and DOFP threads, but I digress. This listing is most likely for an Excalibur boxed set, which I'm stoked to get as well. Give me Meggan. Give me Rachel Summers. Give me Shadowcat.

Speaking of Deadpool movie figures, Negasonic was incredibly popular as a movie character but in my experience even the people that wanted that Deadpool 2-Pack ended up selling their Negasonic. And Domino is pegwarming HARD. I was able to get her for  Clearance $7 ($9 Cdn), and we never get clearance that low in Canada.

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

If it is an Excalibur set, I personally hope it doesn't have Nightcrawler in it as it will be double dipping

Given how many Spider-Man, Deadpool, Wolverine etc. figures they do, I don't see how "double dipping" is even a relevant term here. You got your Dr. Doom ( and more on the way), Cyclops...even Gambit & Rogue were re-done almost like they were when they first appeared.  Considering the price of this set, I don't see how they won't include at least some variant costume if not the same one from the Wendigo BAF. I wonder if they end up doing this set, if they're gonna include any villains such as Opal Saturnyne. 

7 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Given how many Spider-Man, Deadpool, Wolverine etc. figures they do, I don't see how "double dipping" is even a relevant term here. You got your Dr. Doom ( and more on the way), Cyclops...even Gambit & Rogue were re-done almost like they were when they first appeared.  Considering the price of this set, I don't see how they won't include at least some variant costume if not the same one from the Wendigo BAF. I wonder if they end up doing this set, if they're gonna include any villains such as Opal Saturnyne. 

Because I don't want to spend money on a figure who will probably be the exact same as the one I have. If it is a different Kurt all well and good, but given they will probably go for the first line up, Kurt will be the same. Also barring his classic look, Kurt had only two other Excalibur looks, one which is too similar to his classic look and the other is okay.

Also Doom, Rogue and Gambit were single releases so I didn't have to buy them as I had the originals/one I wanted

The biggest complaint about that Nightcrawler was the head sculpt made him too young. If they do include him, hopefully they go with a curly-haired Kurt or better yet an Alan Davis-type fuzzy elf. Maybe they'll give us bendy wires for tail, but that's just wishful thinking.

Here's a question: If Hasbro HAS TO include either a redecoed Captain Britain or a redecoed Nigthcrawler, which one would you prefer?

3 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The biggest complaint about that Nightcrawler was the head sculpt made him too young. If they do include him, hopefully they go with a curly-haired Kurt or better yet an Alan Davis-type fuzzy elf. Maybe they'll give us bendy wires for tail, but that's just wishful thinking.

I never heard of that complaint before. Personally I'm happy with my Kurt.

4 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Looks like classic Cockrum era Nightcrawler to me, and loved it. But if he's included (and if it is the Excalibur set) they'll likely go with some variant look/paint or a head like the one you want.

58 minutes ago, leokearon said:

If it is an Excalibur set, I personally hope it doesn't have Nightcrawler in it as it will be double dipping

I could see them leaving him out; Alpha Flight didn't include Guardian or Sasquatch after all. Maybe time a retro card rerelease of the Wendigo wave figure to hit around the same time to help anyone who missed it.

2 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I could see them leaving him out; Alpha Flight didn't include Guardian or Sasquatch after all. Maybe time a retro card rerelease of the Wendigo wave figure to hit around the same time to help anyone who missed it.

I could see a Retro re-release happening