Marvel Legends - Welcome To The Jungle?!?

JayC

25 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I could see them leaving him out; Alpha Flight didn't include Guardian or Sasquatch after all. Maybe time a retro card rerelease of the Wendigo wave figure to hit around the same time to help anyone who missed it.

I wish they had included a corrected version of Guardian in that boxset,  because the one we got in the Sasquatch BAF was in dire need of it. I would have (and did) buy the set anyway though. If it is going to be Excalibur, I cant see it being anything other than the "classic" team, and yes they could leave Nightcrawler out but then how do they justify the price point. Guess we'll see.

I hope we get a 4 pack and without Nightcrawler because I'm happy with the classic one from the Wendigo wave. However, I don't understand why people don't want a new Captain Britain because the old one from the Abomination wave was a modern version so we need a classic Excalibur version in this boxset. I think they should include Captain Britain, Meggan (green suit), Shadowcat, Rachel Summers, Lockheed, Widget and an alternate head and arms with some phoenix wings to show off Rachel's powers

4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I wish they had included a corrected version of Guardian in that boxset,  because the one we got in the Sasquatch BAF was in dire need of it. I would have (and did) buy the set anyway though. If it is going to be Excalibur, I cant see it being anything other than the "classic" team, and yes they could leave Nightcrawler out but then how do they justify the price point. Guess we'll see.

They could easily just put a different character in the set, removing Nightcrawler doesn't have to mean selling the set with one fewer figure. Throw in a Daytripper, Douglock or Roma. Someone who has never had a figure and would probably never get one without a box set like this.

1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

They could easily just put a different character in the set, removing Nightcrawler doesn't have to mean selling the set with one fewer figure. Throw in a Daytripper, Douglock or Roma. Someone who has never had a figure and would probably never get one without a box set like this.

Oh I definitely dont think theyd try selling the set with less figures, but I think Nightcrawler is a bigger draw than those others, and knowing how Hasbro likes to re-use figures, making another Nightcrawler with some slight changes to his outfit sounds like its up their alley. Either way I dont have a problem with a box set for these guys and would love to see it...hopefully we'll get a box set of Starjammers this year too!!

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Here's a question: If Hasbro HAS TO include either a redecoed Captain Britain or a redecoed Nigthcrawler, which one would you prefer?

4 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

A redcoed nightcrawler because of how much I hate the hyperion body mold.

Yeah, I refused to buy the version of Captain Britain from the Abomination wave because of that body. I also want Nightcrawler with his classic curly hair. 

This is how certain? And has it become too much of a cliche after a reveal to type - a la Fry from Futurama, of course - "Shut up and take my money!"?

Excalibur #1. Captain Britain. Meggan. Shadowcat. Rachel. Nightcrawler. Don't care if Kurt and Brian are just repaints, or think anything other than these characters, in their Exc.#1 costumes, is needed: just swap heads for CB & a 'no hairspray' Kitty (less of that huge 1980's hair). That just leaves Rogue before I've got a complete 1985 team of Marvel Legends X-Men. Love you Hasbro!!!!!

I'll confess: I'm honestly surprised (but not skeptical) as I would have thought New Mutants would have been a cheaper, more topical and easier option. You've got a team of just five: Mirage, Cannonball, Karma, Wolfsbane and Sunspot. And they were in a movie which was actually released. And I quite liked it. No-one else did.

Either way, I will believe, hope then buy.

Just noticed that the sword from the teaser is exactly the same featured in Captain Britain & Mi13. What if that's the team we're getting? There were six members: Blade's already been made, Captain Britain's suit is super easy (and was made in 3.75 scale), Spitfire is Firestar with some minor changes, Black Knight had a civilian-clothed body, like Wisdom... Just new tooling for Faiza Hussain, but we already know her sword is coming...

29 minutes ago, Davinxi said:

Just noticed that the sword from the teaser is exactly the same featured in Captain Britain & Mi13. What if that's the team we're getting? There were six members: Blade's already been made, Captain Britain's suit is super easy (and was made in 3.75 scale), Spitfire is Firestar with some minor changes, Black Knight had a civilian-clothed body, like Wisdom... Just new tooling for Faiza Hussain, but we already know her sword is coming...

My first thought seeing the teaser way back was this, before remembering the X-Team with the same name. I'd take a Faiza over pretty much any X character, but I can't imagine there's enough demand for the team to warrant an expensive box set.

I'd be all in if they did though.

1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

but I can't imagine there's enough demand for the team to warrant an expensive box set.

I don't see why not. I mean sure, the GOTG set was a no-brainer, but look at A-Force or Alpha Flight. Crap, at the time Alpha Flight got their set, their name had already been given to a totally different organization in the comics. And yet, there was plenty of demand for those.

14 minutes ago, mako said:

I don't see why not. I mean sure, the GOTG set was a no-brainer, but look at A-Force or Alpha Flight. Crap, at the time Alpha Flight got their set, their name had already been given to a totally different organization in the comics. And yet, there was plenty of demand for those.

People had been asking for Alpha Flight for years, and Northstar and Aurora were pretty common fan poll veterans, though. A- Force might not have been a popular team, but half that set was high profile frequent wishlisters. Captain Britain and MI-13? Sure, I liked the book and would be all for it and I'm clearly not alone based on this thread, but I also don't exactly see the team or the characters topping that many peoples lists.

An X-Team like Excalibur is an easy sell right now with how hard Hasbro is plugging in X roster gaps, but MI-13 doesn't feel nearly as safe a choice. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though.

Excalibur was a fun book when it debuted since I had no point of reference as to why this group of characters were teaming up. But I lost interest near the tale end of something called the Cross Time Caper.

HOWEVER... the suit Cap Britain wears here will always be the iconic look to me. Loved the undersized ToyBiz version though that one is a testament to TBs over articulation that made the proportions seem off.. that monstrosity that Hasbro gave us earlier is terrible on all accounts. Bad suit, bad body.. 

i loved the Alpha Flight set, imagine I’d buy an Excalibur set as well IF they give us an updated Cap in this suit

15 hours ago, Fyrefly21 said:

An X-Team like Excalibur is an easy sell right now with how hard Hasbro is plugging in X roster gaps, but MI-13 doesn't feel nearly as safe a choice. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though.

Not sure what MI-13 is (super-selective in my comic buying), but I'm always up for a comic based 5-pack. An Excalibur set would score extra points from me just because the classic team is the perfect mix of favorites and wants.

Plus, the MCU collectors got their treat with the Children of Thanos . . . it's OUR turn now.

BTW: If this set IS 150 bucks, that translates into 30 bucks per figure. At that rate, they better go ALL OUT on the accessories. I'm a fan-boy, but I'm NOT easy.