Jump to content

Marvel Legends - Welcome To The Jungle?!?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no way they'd put out another Deadpool figure.  Deadpools are rare anyway and we all know they never make that many Deadpool dedicated waves. My money's on a deluxe Rock Python!

ūüėČ

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Ting/status/1376942764802375683?s=20

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Here's a question: If Hasbro HAS TO include either a redecoed Captain Britain or a redecoed Nigthcrawler, which one would you prefer?

A redcoed nightcrawler because of how much I hate the hyperion body mold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I could see them leaving him out; Alpha Flight didn't include Guardian or Sasquatch after all. Maybe time a retro card rerelease of the Wendigo wave figure to hit around the same time to help anyone who missed it.

I wish they had included a corrected version of Guardian in that boxset,  because the one we got in the Sasquatch BAF was in dire need of it. I would have (and did) buy the set anyway though. If it is going to be Excalibur, I cant see it being anything other than the "classic" team, and yes they could leave Nightcrawler out but then how do they justify the price point. Guess we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get a 4 pack and without Nightcrawler because I'm happy with the classic one from the Wendigo wave. However, I don't understand why people don't want a new Captain Britain because the old one from the Abomination wave was a modern version so we need a classic Excalibur version in this boxset. I think they should include Captain Britain, Meggan (green suit), Shadowcat, Rachel Summers, Lockheed, Widget and an alternate head and arms with some phoenix wings to show off Rachel's powers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they'll debut a new buck for Captain Britain complete with pegless joints. Considering they revealed the Excalibur sword I think the likelihood of getting a new Brian Braddock in the set is high (unless the sword is for Betsy).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I wish they had included a corrected version of Guardian in that boxset,  because the one we got in the Sasquatch BAF was in dire need of it. I would have (and did) buy the set anyway though. If it is going to be Excalibur, I cant see it being anything other than the "classic" team, and yes they could leave Nightcrawler out but then how do they justify the price point. Guess we'll see.

They could easily just put a different character in the set, removing Nightcrawler doesn't have to mean selling the set with one fewer figure. Throw in a Daytripper, Douglock or Roma. Someone who has never had a figure and would probably never get one without a box set like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Savage land pack redo would be cool, along with updated Kazar, Sheena and Zabu  and Sauron as Bonus or even better would be Rogue and Storm in Savage land outfits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

They could easily just put a different character in the set, removing Nightcrawler doesn't have to mean selling the set with one fewer figure. Throw in a Daytripper, Douglock or Roma. Someone who has never had a figure and would probably never get one without a box set like this.

Oh I definitely dont think theyd try selling the set with less figures, but I think Nightcrawler is a bigger draw than those others, and knowing how Hasbro likes to re-use figures, making another Nightcrawler with some slight changes to his outfit sounds like its up their alley. Either way I dont have a problem with a box set for these guys and would love to see it...hopefully we'll get a box set of Starjammers this year too!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Here's a question: If Hasbro HAS TO include either a redecoed Captain Britain or a redecoed Nigthcrawler, which one would you prefer?

 

4 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

A redcoed nightcrawler because of how much I hate the hyperion body mold.

Yeah, I refused to buy the version of Captain Britain from the Abomination wave because of that body. I also want Nightcrawler with his classic curly hair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how certain? And has it become too much of a cliche after a reveal to type - a la Fry from Futurama, of course - "Shut up and take my money!"?

Excalibur #1. Captain Britain. Meggan. Shadowcat. Rachel. Nightcrawler. Don't care if Kurt and Brian are just repaints, or think anything other than these characters, in their Exc.#1 costumes, is needed: just swap heads for CB & a 'no hairspray' Kitty (less of that huge 1980's hair). That just leaves Rogue before I've got a complete 1985 team of Marvel Legends X-Men. Love you Hasbro!!!!!

I'll confess: I'm honestly surprised (but not skeptical) as I would have thought New Mutants would have been a cheaper, more topical and easier option. You've got a team of just five: Mirage, Cannonball, Karma, Wolfsbane and Sunspot. And they were in a movie which was actually released. And I quite liked it. No-one else did.

Either way, I will believe, hope then buy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed that the sword from the teaser is exactly the same featured in Captain Britain & Mi13. What if that's the team we're getting? There were six members: Blade's already been made, Captain Britain's suit is super easy (and was made in 3.75 scale), Spitfire is Firestar with some minor changes, Black Knight had a civilian-clothed body, like Wisdom... Just new tooling for Faiza Hussain, but we already know her sword is coming...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for an Excalibur set! It's been a minute since Hasbro did a really good box set, and their overdue.

Plus, I really want a Meggan figure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

 

Yeah, I refused to buy the version of Captain Britain from the Abomination wave because of that body. I also want Nightcrawler with his classic curly hair. 

This is literally my exact thought process, thank you. There is someone who understands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Davinxi said:

Just noticed that the sword from the teaser is exactly the same featured in Captain Britain & Mi13. What if that's the team we're getting? There were six members: Blade's already been made, Captain Britain's suit is super easy (and was made in 3.75 scale), Spitfire is Firestar with some minor changes, Black Knight had a civilian-clothed body, like Wisdom... Just new tooling for Faiza Hussain, but we already know her sword is coming...

My first thought seeing the teaser way back was this, before remembering the X-Team with the same name. I'd take a Faiza over pretty much any X character, but I can't imagine there's enough demand for the team to warrant an expensive box set.

I'd be all in if they did though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

but I can't imagine there's enough demand for the team to warrant an expensive box set.

I don't see why not. I mean sure, the GOTG set was a no-brainer, but look at A-Force or Alpha Flight. Crap, at the time Alpha Flight got their set, their name had already been given to a totally different organization in the comics. And yet, there was plenty of demand for those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mako said:

I don't see why not. I mean sure, the GOTG set was a no-brainer, but look at A-Force or Alpha Flight. Crap, at the time Alpha Flight got their set, their name had already been given to a totally different organization in the comics. And yet, there was plenty of demand for those.

People had been asking for Alpha Flight for years, and Northstar and Aurora were pretty common fan poll veterans, though. A- Force might not have been a popular team, but half that set was high profile frequent wishlisters. Captain Britain and MI-13? Sure, I liked the book and would be all for it and I'm clearly not alone based on this thread, but I also don't exactly see the team or the characters topping that many peoples lists.

 

An X-Team like Excalibur is an easy sell right now with how hard Hasbro is plugging in X roster gaps, but MI-13 doesn't feel nearly as safe a choice. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excalibur was a fun book when it debuted since I had no point of reference as to why this group of characters were teaming up. But I lost interest near the tale end of something called the Cross Time Caper.

HOWEVER... the suit Cap Britain wears here will always be the iconic look to me. Loved the undersized ToyBiz version though that one is a testament to TBs over articulation that made the proportions seem off.. that monstrosity that Hasbro gave us earlier is terrible on all accounts. Bad suit, bad body.. 

i loved the Alpha Flight set, imagine I’d buy an Excalibur set as well IF they give us an updated Cap in this suit

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this will not be no 150 for 5 figures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

See a lot of folks thinking this might be more than a three pack.  I don't know I think we may be in three pack territory here.

If the standard retail price is $150 dollars in the U.S., those better be three really big figures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fyrefly21 said:

An X-Team like Excalibur is an easy sell right now with how hard Hasbro is plugging in X roster gaps, but MI-13 doesn't feel nearly as safe a choice. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though.

Not sure what MI-13 is (super-selective in my comic buying), but I'm always up for a comic based 5-pack. An Excalibur set would score extra points from me just because the classic team is the perfect mix of favorites and wants.

Plus, the MCU collectors got their treat with the Children of Thanos . . . it's OUR turn now.

BTW: If this set IS 150 bucks, that translates into 30 bucks per figure. At that rate, they better go ALL OUT on the accessories. I'm a fan-boy, but I'm NOT easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE