Marvel Legends The Falcon And The Winter Soldier 6" Captain America: John F. Walker Figure Revealed

JayC

31 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

The figures cool but that packaging is awesome! Sad it's an exclusive but luckily it isn't something I want. This brings something up, though; we've seen several Cap related figures exclusive to Walmart. Is this going to be a trend for a long time? I was surprised I managed to get 80th Cap and the idea that it'll always be that hard is a nightmare for me.

Pretty sure Walmart has had the monopoly on Cap figures since 2018 and likely will for a while. Worthy Cap, 80th Cap, Venomized Cap, MCU Red Skull and now this.  I'm pretty sure if there is a Captain America set in the Infinity Saga line, that'll be the one that's Walmart exclusive.

Fortunately i don't care too much about getting this guy as WM exclusives are the worst.  Never saw the grey Widow figure at either of my local WMs, and by the time she made it to WM's website other collectors were reporting finding her on clearance for $2, which definitely made it harder for me to shell out $20 for her.  And let's not forget how awful the Binary exclusive went, being released like 8 months after the movie came out, with the same crazy distribution issues.  I know people like to complain about Target exclusives but to me WM exclusives are far and away the worst imo

all that ranting aside, not a bad looking figure but i'll probably pass as i expect he won't be wearing that cap uniform for long.

Knock on wood I’ve found every Cap Walmart exclusive and this is a must get for me. 

As always I’ve pre-ordered a few in the event that this is the one that escapes me. I hate that Cap is always exclusive to Walmart. By design maybe? Do they think they are America's Box store?

At the very least, I’ve only had a pre-order messed with from Walmart once, and for that (much cooler in hand) Venomized version. And not cancelled but I had pre-ordered 2 and they reduced my order to 1. Which was weird in and of itself. BUT WalGREENS is another story all together. Both times I tried preordering, I got cancelation notices when they went to process claiming it was my card. 

This version of Cap is growing on me. I dig how it’s kinda in the US Agent design in the blue colors already and the black suit is freaking amazing. 

3 hours ago, Hogun said:

Easy pass. I hate this character. He comes off as cocky and flashes the Captain America like he is some big shot celebrity.

This is exactly how Walker was written in his early appearances. The “chip on his shoulder with something to prove “ attitude, the general paranoia of Steve’s allies.. it’s actually spot on characterization. 

He was always meant to ruffle feathers and rub people the wrong way. Hawkeyes immediate dislike of him was classic Avengers in this era. On Agents first day on the job he yells at the recently turned white Vision to put some clothes on.. freaking hilarious. The whole Walker as Cap played out for close to 2 years and at some points I honestly thought he was going to permanently replace Steve.. Marvel these days can’t hold a candle to how well crafted those stories were

it was years before he was able to prove himself to the other Avengers as not being Cap lite.. although thankfully they never started writing him like he wasn’t a natural A-hole.

really it’s too bad that his apparent transformation from Cap to Agent will be rushed to full full Sams crowning as heir to the Cap title.

on a much more personal note, as a young fan I gravitated to the West Coast Avengers team as my favorite title for much of its run, with the US Agent, Scarlet Witch and White Vision all dropping this year I am thiiiiis close to an awesome MCU WCA lineup!! So stoked!!

Well, at least we know why the US Agent figure doesn't have a shield. Guess they spent all the shield budget on the WM exclusive. Oooohhh.....how I fear for the fate of the accessories in the Fortnite line after Hasbro takes over. Looks like one tiny gun packed in and then 2 molded in plastic on the figure.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Well, at least we know why the US Agent figure doesn't have a shield. Guess they spent all the shield budget on the WM exclusive. Oooohhh.....how I fear for the fate of the accessories in the Fortnite line after Hasbro takes over. Looks like one tiny gun packed in and then 2 molded in plastic on the figure.

Nah, it's probably because by the time he dons the US Agent mantle, he won't have the shield, so it wouldn't make sense to include it with him. Guns are definitely an issue though, a lot of toy companies have been removing them from the promotional images of figures. I'd be ok with it being glued in his holster like Deadpool's were. Same with Melina.

4 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

Pretty sure Walmart has had the monopoly on Cap figures since 2018 and likely will for a while. Worthy Cap, 80th Cap, Venomized Cap, MCU Red Skull and now this.  I'm pretty sure if there is a Captain America set in the Infinity Saga line, that'll be the one that's Walmart exclusive.

Oh I'm aware of that, I've had a time trying to find all of those you listed but got lucky. I really hope it isn't always going to be like that.

52 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Nah, it's probably because by the time he dons the US Agent mantle, he won't have the shield, so it wouldn't make sense to include it with him. Guns are definitely an issue though, a lot of toy companies have been removing them from the promotional images of figures. I'd be ok with it being glued in his holster like Deadpool's were. Same with Melina.

I wonder though if the US Agent will forgo ANY shield once Sam takes over. Seems a big change from the comic version.

even the Judge Dredd Agent had that goofy half eagle half energy shield thing.

Maybe he dons something at the end of the series but Hasbro didn’t have time to include it... it’s not like it’s unprecedented for them to exclude accessories for figures ( looking at you Infinity War Iron Man)

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

I wonder though if the US Agent will forgo ANY shield once Sam takes over. Seems a big change from the comic version.

even the Judge Dredd Agent had that goofy half eagle half energy shield thing.

Maybe he dons something at the end of the series but Hasbro didn’t have time to include it... it’s not like it’s unprecedented for them to exclude accessories for figures ( looking at you Infinity War Iron Man)

He might not have one when he becomes U.S Agent and may not have one at the end of the series and may only get one whenever he returns

13 hours ago, Fyrefly21 said:

Walmart exclusive is, as always, disgusting. Glad it's a second MCU version since I'd like to actually find a comic one. The figure itself looks okay, the packaging is pretty neat.

It'll never happen but if fans would stop buying from wm then Hasbro will ease up on making them their "exclusive" outlet for this kind of thing

14 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

Lol. Similar to the way McFarlane was securing the chest plate(s) on most of the female figures with one or two little dollops of rubber cement back in the 90's? How times have changed. Yeah, I'd be cool with them doing it that way too. I mean, the packaging has chocking hazard and small parts warnings. They should be covered. Until........

As far as US Agent, I'm sure he'll have to turn the shield over to Sam at some point, but like in the comics, he's certainly gonna get another, isn't he? At least a laser torch or something. Maybe he gets an energy shield, but it projects out from an arm bracer or something. Still, some kind of effect woulda been much appreciated.

We actually got a glimpse of this figure in episode 2 of the series where Walker autographed one for a fan.

That was actually a completely different figure, though the packaging was very similar. Partly because the one on the show was a solid piece (or at least didn't have any visible joints) but mostly because it was far larger than the ML and says "Sixth Scale Figure" on it. 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:10 PM, Gigantor said:

Sorry, but when wearing the mask, this guy looks like a WWII vet cosplaying who forgot to put in his dentures. Did they even bother getting this guy in great physical shape 6 months prior to filming? John walker is 6'4 270lbs, this guy is none of that.

When we first see him this is who I thought of:

On 3/30/2021 at 6:26 AM, monron999 said:

Lol. Similar to the way McFarlane was securing the chest plate(s) on most of the female figures with one or two little dollops of rubber cement back in the 90's? How times have changed. Yeah, I'd be cool with them doing it that way too. I mean, the packaging has chocking hazard and small parts warnings. They should be covered. Until........

As far as US Agent, I'm sure he'll have to turn the shield over to Sam at some point, but like in the comics, he's certainly gonna get another, isn't he? At least a laser torch or something. Maybe he gets an energy shield, but it projects out from an arm bracer or something. Still, some kind of effect woulda been much appreciated.

Yeah, I imagine he'll get some sort of replacement shield like in the comics, but only time will tell what it is. This would definitely be a good place to introduce the holographic energy shield, we know Coulson already used one, so it could easily be used for Walker given the technology already exists. I'll wait to pass judgement on the figure until we see what he gets in the show, but it would have been really cool to get a translucent version of the shield with him.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:28 AM, Atlantis said:

It'll never happen but if fans would stop buying from wm then Hasbro will ease up on making them their "exclusive" outlet for this kind of thing

It kind of backs people into a corner though, because not only does Hasbro often give wm very desirable figures (Worthy Cap, 80th Cap, BP, etc.), but I think a large portion of the actual store sales go towards scalpers, which is a whole other issue. So it's a lose-lose, we don't buy the figures we want and scalpers support them anyway. They really need better systems though, the only exclusives I never had any trouble finding were from TRU.