Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Web-Man - Not An April Fool's

JayC

We told you about this one back in February. It may seem like an April Fool's joke, but it's not. Its the Spider-Man Retro Marvel Legends 6" Web Man.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.

A product of Dr. Doom's Twin Machine, Web-Man is the opposite of Spider-Man in every way.

You can pre-order this figure now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

They also have up for pre-order the Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Marvel Legends Deadpool figure that was originally released a couple years ago.

77da87cf-625d-4a7d-ba63-4864f58d0106.jpg

d2045bb4-9ae6-4ccc-8b8c-b963040910ff.jpg

dbbc06be-15c8-48f2-849d-7718db4f5554.jpg

Web-Man-01.jpg

Web-Man-02.jpg

Web-Man-03.jpg

Web-Man-04.jpg

I 100% will not buy this, for one maybe I would have If it came on the retro spidey buck but no it didn't. However, hasbro gives WEBMAN  wall crawling hands but not Spiderman!?!? Hasbro blows me away. Not complaining they gave it on Webman cuz those hands should be on every and any spiderman.

I'm not a Deadpool fan but I ordered the 80th anniversary re-release that went on sale today. I figure he's enough of a cultural touchstone that I should have him in my collection and this one seems like the definitive version as far as sculpt and accessories goes. I wish the black on his costume was actually black instead of that metallic paint, but whatever. 

Oh this is fantastic being a not April fool's joke that should be and looks like it could be. I hate that Hasbro made this, it's so...painfully low, but then actually seeing this figure it's sheer oddballness makes me kind of like it, I don't know...I kind of like the way these colors look, but I must be strong, I will not support this!, nor do I need it.

14 hours ago, Hogun said:

Okay, why does this Z- list character get an action figure before the Warriors Three? This guy only appeared in one issue. Is Hasbro that desperate for money?

I'm assuming because this is just a repaint of the Pizza Spider-Man which is much easier and more cost effective for Hasbro to produce than creating new figures.   I'm sure Hasbro is aware of this and realized they can make a few more easy bucks by slightly altering the figure and re-releasing it. Some of those that bought the first figure will also buy this one because it's different, and those that missed the first figure may want this version as well.