Shang-Chi Marvel Legends Wave Images Leak Out Online -SPOILERS-

JayC

We are pretty sure this isn't an April Fool's. It Looks like Hasbro's Shang-Chi wave has leaked out online which reveals the Build-A-Figure as being a comic based Mr. Hyde figure. The wave is a mix of comic and movie based figures which is why we have the SPOILER warning up. The wave includes the following:

-Shang-Chi
-Death Dealer
-Wenwu
-Xialing
-Iron Man (Tony Stark AI)
-Civil Warrior

So a couple of things to note here. While we've always known this wave would have some kind of comic based Iron Man figure in it, we didn't know what specific one and are a bit surprised to see the Tony Stark (AI) figure in this Shang-Chi wave. That one we had assumed was for the upcoming Iron Man themed wave. Now I will say the name of the figure we originally had for the Iron Man wave was actually listed as Hologram Iron Man. When Hasbro officially revealed the AI Tony Stark figure in their last live-stream, we assumed that was the Hologram version. It's possible the Hologram Iron Man we had seen listed for the Iron Man wave is a different version from this AI one, or we may have just gotten that one wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see. Also some of the movie characters seem to differ here from what we had previously reported. Leiku Wu and Mei Ling which is what we had listed are actually Wenwu and Xialing

Any way you can check out images below which are floating around social media. Not sure who originally leaked these.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIpnJgA0h7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

Just want to remind people of hasbros tenancy to not put their best effort in the first of a franchise line.

Yeah, I honeslt don't like any of these. Especially the shang chi it looks lack luster. Death dealer looks solid but the rest look like easy passes. And it seems that the baf is mr. Hyde on that joe fixit buck, which is meh.

Oh man, Hasbro with more early leaks, always with the Movie waves, which I always presume have embargoes, man this wave actually looks pretty nicely done, but I can't say I want more then 2 figures here, I think I'd grab Death Dealer on the strength he looks damn cool and Xialing (because it's a chick and it's a new character!) , The BAF looks like a Giant buff Leprechaun, can't say I'm even remotely moved by it, I'm sure tons of people are super stoked though finally to get a Mr. Hyde. 

This wave is odd, but I like it. Its popularity will depend largely on the movie, but the 4 movie figures look to be well-done, and the AI Iron Man is nice. Civil Warrior is cool enough, though I've never played the game. I am really hoping that Mr. Hyde has a removable hat, though it doesn't look like it.

Yeah what’s with the hat? Has he worn a hat?!? Odd choice to include that. And it’s not likely that Hyde will get another version any time soon. Kind of a bummer as to me, it kinda drops the excitement a bit.

as for the rest, and I say this a a HUGE MCU collector. I have every one to date... but between that horribly designed Eternals series and this Shang Chi series.. ugh these are just terrible. 

Jeez with two such uninspired waves being released so close together you’d wish the films were spaced a few years apart to not further expose these movies as the potential franchise killing entries these are shaping up to be

37 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Makes you wonder why the Eternals got the all-movie wave but not this one.

Edit: Not like it affects me lol I was never the target demo for either wave.

it becuase there is so many character in the Eternals wave that could be considered a main cast while Shang-Chi is about one hero.

41 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Huh, , missed this look. Is it a modern take? Still a little bummed as my ideal Hyde is this look sans hat he sported in the Avengers Siege story

0657B5BE-3D2E-4AF6-896A-349B5DC7256F.jpeg

This is what I really hoped for if we ever got Hyde. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be released as a deluxe later on. (Doubtful. )

52 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Huh, , missed this look. Is it a modern take? Still a little bummed as my ideal Hyde is this look sans hat he sported in the Avengers Siege story

0657B5BE-3D2E-4AF6-896A-349B5DC7256F.jpeg

feels like he wore the derby during his time on the Thunderbolts, although while he had big mutton chops i don't remember him having the longer hair with that look.  perhaps they are trying to combine the classic and t-bolts looks.

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Makes you wonder why the Eternals got the all-movie wave but not this one.

Well, The Eternals is an ensemble movie with nearly a dozen characters with different powers and gimmicks. Shang-Chi, on the other hand, is a solo hero story. I'm sure he'll have some other supporting characters that become fan favorites, but until the movie comes out and Hasbro can gauge interest in them, I think four movie figures in the first wave makes sense. That's what Black Widow got.