Shang-Chi Marvel Legends Wave Images Leak Out Online -SPOILERS-

JayC

Imo, Hasbro dropped the ball big time by once again, including a comic based BAF in an all MCU/ video game figure wave & then to top it off, gives us the least favorite version of Hyde. Along argue extremely lame Externals wave, this will be another wave in which Hasbro saves me $$ as I won't be buying a single figure. So far, classic Thanos  is the only ML fig I've bought in 21' & classic comic Upfront will be the other for sure purchase. Waiting on 4-9 to see what other comic based figs Hasbro might tempt me to buy. I'll wait on this Hyde to hopefully come out in the near future.

427931462_MrHyde1.thumb.jpg.c3848fbe81dba0caccc65ab6716f72e7.jpg1956042198_MrHydevsCap.thumb.png.2d4d4fc29eb23e7cf5b4b496cd030931.png907977558_MrHydevsBK.thumb.jpg.caf47e263bac7eca8881e31beea1f562.jpg

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Imo, Hasbro dropped the ball big time by once again, including a comic based BAF in an all MCU/ video game figure wave & then to top it off, gives us the least favorite version of Hyde. Along argue extremely lame Externals wave, this will be another wave in which Hasbro saves me $$ as I won't be buying a single figure. So far, classic Thanos  is the only ML fig I've bought in 21' & classic comic Upfront will be the other for sure purchase. Waiting on 4-9 to see what other comic based figs Hasbro might tempt me to buy. I'll wait on this Hyde to hopefully come out in the near future.

427931462_MrHyde1.thumb.jpg.c3848fbe81dba0caccc65ab6716f72e7.jpg1956042198_MrHydevsCap.thumb.png.2d4d4fc29eb23e7cf5b4b496cd030931.png907977558_MrHydevsBK.thumb.jpg.caf47e263bac7eca8881e31beea1f562.jpg

I never have a problem with classic comic figures being included in movie/tv waves. I also can deal with figures included in the wave, that have little or nothing to do with the main characters of the wave. But if you're gonna do it, do it right. Classic Mr. Hyde wore a drab green inverness cape, and people can call it out of style, dated, etc. but its his signature look. The wave already has a major hit against it since Shang-Chi himself looks nothing like what we know from the comics. So the BAF has to rock, and this isnt doing it.

8 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Well, The Eternals is an ensemble movie with nearly a dozen characters with different powers and gimmicks. Shang-Chi, on the other hand, is a solo hero story. I'm sure he'll have some other supporting characters that become fan favorites, but until the movie comes out and Hasbro can gauge interest in them, I think four movie figures in the first wave makes sense. That's what Black Widow got. 

True but even Infinity War, another "ensemble movie with nearly a dozen characters with different powers and gimmicks" got comic characters like Songbird, Taskmaster and a member of the Serpent Society in that first wave.

Hasbro waited for the second wave to release their other big guns like Black Widow and Thor. Winter Soldier, Falcon, Rocket and teen Groot were released separately (not to mention Maw, Corvus, Obsidian). They waited the following year to release a Shuri. 5 Years after that movie came out, fans are still waiting for a Wong, Vormir Red Skull.

What's more, isn't Michelle in Shang-Chi as well? Add Awkwafina and the dude from The Daily Show and you've got your all-movie/ensemble wave right there. You can't really tell me these actors have smaller roles than some of the characters included in the Eternals wave.

My issue really isn't that Hasbro didn't give us figures of Awkwafina and the comedian from the Daily Show lol. My issue is that Hasbro crammed all those characters in that Eternals wave when they could have included Eternals comic figures instead.

Like you said, they can probably gauge the interest after the movie comes out and see if the people are still clamoring for half of those Eternals figures...I mean you've already got people complaining that wave is going to pegwarm HARD.

35 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

My issue really isn't that Hasbro didn't give us figures of Awkwafina and the comedian from the Daily Show lol. My issue is that Hasbro crammed all those characters in that Eternals wave when they could have included Eternals comic figures instead.

Like you said, they can probably gauge the interest after the movie comes out and see if the people are still clamoring for a figure for Makkari or Kingo or Phastos or...I mean you've already got people complaining that wave is going to pegwarm HARD.

Honeslty. I might be alone in this but too me some of those eternals figures looks pretty good. And what really irks me about hasbro is that they will go out of there way and make an all new sculpt for the MCU (understandable due to its popularity, and sales), but damn it if hasbro were to just make some new sculpts for comic book figures that could take my ssn.

Just now, SUPREME007 said:

Honeslty. I might be alone in this but too me some of those eternals figures looks pretty good. And what really irks me about hasbro is that they will go out of there way and make an all new sculpt for the MCU (understandable due to its popularity, and sales), but damn it if hasbro were to just make some new sculpts for comic book figures that could take my ssn.

Yeah, so hopefully the movie does good so we can get some eternals comic based figures.

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Damn this is one of those waves where the only figure I am really interested in is the BAF 😞

I concur mon ami, I have been crying for a Mr. Hyde for nearly 20 years and can't let this get past me. The only concern I have is the Baf head in that Contest of Champions gameverse? Will it be sold with the rest of the figures wave?

After reading the headline I was fixing to be all upset that an anticipated comic-based figure was going to be the build-a-figure for an MCU wave, but now, having seen him, I'm not so hot for that Mr. Hyde.  He looks really well done, but it's not the design I was hoping for.  I'll give it a year or two to see if he gets a deluxe release with a more classical look.  If not, I can see snagging a completed one once the heat dies down on him.

Anxious to see what else Hasbro has up their sleeve next Friday.

Guys I hate to tell you but the likelihood of Hyde getting a deluxe is extremely low. Most of the re-released deluxe figure have been big name villains, like Kingpin or Venom or alternate repaints, like Apocalypse. Hyde is known to comic fan and those that watched AOS but he is still a lesser known villain.

Not saying it's impossible but he may never get another figure again.

21 minutes ago, tarot said:

Guys I hate to tell you but the likelihood of Hyde getting a deluxe is extremely low. Most of the re-released deluxe figure have been big name villains, like Kingpin or Venom or alternate repaints, like Apocalypse. Hyde is known to comic fan and those that watched AOS but he is still a lesser known villain.

yeah i tend to agree, barring an appearance by Hyde in some other media this is probably it.  Granted,  Kyle MacLachlan was a lot of fun as Calvin Zabo on agents of shield, but the hyde transformation was pretty unimpressive on that show.  Civil Warrior is kind of a dud, for me anyhow, but the Iron Man in 'classic' red and yellow is nice and hopefully the movie will be good enough to make me want the characters in figure form.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

While I tend to agree I'd say the likelihood of a deluxe might be more than you think. First off, it's a character people have been asking for years and second, if Hasbro actually listen to the fans, they might find out how many people pass on this wave but still reeeeally want this figure. Why waste a sculpt? Print that bytch up, put a slightly different coat of paint on it, throw it in a box with an alternate non-hat head sculpt, slap a $40 sticker on it, then count the money.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

While I tend to agree I'd say the likelihood of a deluxe might be more than you think. First off, it's a character people have been asking for years and second, if Hasbro actually listen to the fans, they might find out how many people pass on this wave but still reeeeally want this figure. Why waste a sculpt? Print that bytch up, put a slightly different coat of paint on it, throw it in a box with an alternate non-hat head sculpt, slap a $40 sticker on it, then count the money.

That's why he could easily get a Deluxe. Hasbro have stated that one of the driving forces behind Deluxe "re-releases" is whether they can make it different enough from the BAF so people would have the BAF wouldn't necessarily feel cheated. Add a soft fabric cape like the collar they did with Retro Doom to a new head and paint job and boom, different figure.

Looks like I was right about that Iron Man reveal being part of the Shang-Chi wave, makes me wonder what the "hologram armor" actually is in the Iron Man wave. So far I'm loving everything about this wave, except Civil Warrior, and I'm not a huge Hyde fan, but they both look pretty cool anyway. The movie figures look fantastic though. Likenesses are stellar, lots of accessories and very cool looking costumes, especially Death Dealer. 

3 hours ago, mako said:

Please, Lord, no more skirts!

If ever there was a wave that requires unhindered articulation it's THIS one. Those had better be soft plastic.

I agree, but they have to give them skirts to be accurate. The best solution would be fabric but Hasbro rarely does that for legends and it would probably have been iffy.

Okay, I get that the Mandarin is supposed to be the main villain of the movie but does that really justify having two Armoured characters in this wave? Even Mr. Hyde doesn't make much sense for this wave. I don't mind comic characters i movie waves but at least have them relevant to the character.

17 hours ago, leokearon said:

Okay, I get that the Mandarin is supposed to be the main villain of the movie but does that really justify having two Armoured characters in this wave? Even Mr. Hyde doesn't make much sense for this wave. I don't mind comic characters i movie waves but at least have them relevant to the character.

Really, it isn't much different from past single-movie waves. Black Panther had Black Bolt, Namor and Iron Man, Captain Marvel had Grey Gargoyle, etc. My guess is they want the wave to have a selling point since Shang-Chi is not the most well-known character to the general public.

Also, side note, I've seen people complaining about Wenwu's costume in this wave, given he's the Mandarin, but I'd bet anything that he'll get a more comic-accurate suit in the movie and that we'll see it in a 2-pack down the line, probably with another Shang-Chi.

1 hour ago, Ironspider428 said:

Really, it isn't much different from past single-movie waves. Black Panther had Black Bolt, Namor and Iron Man, Captain Marvel had Grey Gargoyle, etc. My guess is they want the wave to have a selling point since Shang-Chi is not the most well-known character to the general public.

Also, side note, I've seen people complaining about Wenwu's costume in this wave, given he's the Mandarin, but I'd bet anything that he'll get a more comic-accurate suit in the movie and that we'll see it in a 2-pack down the line, probably with another Shang-Chi.

Yeah if anything the Eternals wave and Disney plus waves are the exceptions to the rule. The only other examples I can think of are black panther wave 2 and endgame wave 3, it’s rather unusual for the first wave for a movie/ tv line to be all movie figures 

5 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I know this isn't anything new, but they could have put some more thought into the comic characters

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah if anything the Eternals wave and Disney plus waves are the exceptions to the rule. The only other examples I can think of are black panther wave 2 and endgame wave 3, it’s rather unusual for the first wave for a movie/ tv line to be all movie figures 

Disney+ makes sense, since they're filling 3 different shows, I think they would have thrown comic figures in if it was a wave per show. Eternals is a little weird, the only thing I can think of is that maybe they just wanted to get all the characters out at once? I don't hate that wave like most people seem to, but it was certainly a strange decision. Personally I'd love for them to go in that direction, I'd have given anything for 2-3 waves of only Endgame figures or IW.