Shang-Chi Marvel Legends Wave Images Leak Out Online -SPOILERS-

JayC

On 4/2/2021 at 5:12 AM, bashpics99 said:

"...yeah i tend to agree, barring an appearance by Hyde in some other media this is probably it.  Granted,  Kyle MacLachlan was a lot of fun as Calvin Zabo on agents of shield, but the hyde transformation was pretty unimpressive on that show..."

Really don't understand this notion that these figures wont be made unless they've got some tv/movie tie. Hasbro Legends was going strong way before any movie, tv or animated show.  There are plenty of obscure characters out there who weren't in any mcu thing and got a figure- Spymaster, Maverick, Serpent Squad members, Adam Warlock, etc. Deluxe release, probably not in the cards for Mr. Hyde. But I dont think this is the last we've seen of him; in fact, given that they've done the "updated" look for him, its not impossible for us to get the classic version. 

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Really don't understand this notion that these figures wont be made unless they've got some tv/movie tie. Hasbro Legends was going strong way before any movie, tv or animated show.  There are plenty of obscure characters out there who weren't in any mcu thing and got a figure- Spymaster, Maverick, Serpent Squad members, Adam Warlock, etc. Deluxe release, probably not in the cards for Mr. Hyde. But I dont think this is the last we've seen of him; in fact, given that they've done the "updated" look for him, its not impossible for us to get the classic version. 

sure, hasbro makes many figures and BAFs for (relatively) obscure character but the question was whether Hyde would get a deluxe rerelease, in which case its worth looking at what BAFs have been rereleased... and in each case so far its a character who's had at least one recent, major movie appearance iirc.  Although Fixit is likely to break that pattern, but hulk figures generally seem to sell well aside from outback hulk.  Venompool will likely see a re-release too but of course he combines two characters with major movie appearances.

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

As I stated before, if Hasbro believe they can make a Deluxe different from the BAF they will easily consider making it.

47 minutes ago, Benn said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a deluxe Mr. Hyde in a year or two, with a classic head and inverness cape overlay. It's perfectly in line with other recent deluxe decisions. I don't remember seeing Toxin in any movies, for instance.

Toxin is a symbiote. Symbiote sell as much as Spider-men and Iron men. 

But none the less, I said it have less chance to get a deluxe not because it's not in a movie, it's because it's not that famous. Plus just because people ask for it doesn't mean hasbro is going to do it. I mean how could have people asked for Rhino, Sandman and Lizard for example.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Eh, he's a fan-favourite released as a BAF in a modern look that can easily be converted into a classic look with minimal new sculpting. Seems like he hits all the notes to me.

Agreed. Seems like most (like me) would be satisfied with the exact same figure just with a hatless head. A close enough situation. Seems an overlay and slightly different paint app could be cheap and easily released

I have zero interest in this modern version of Hyde but he is either close enough ( that GD hat!!) or I’m not willing to wait another 20+ years for the Under Siege version to be made in the event that Hasbro doesn’t  make a deluxe version.

other than that, as with the Eternals wave, this will be the next wave I don’t buy two copies of ( with MCU figs, I normally buy the movie characters twice, one to save and one to open) .. will buy one copy and put into storage, have zero interest to display either wave as both are boring AF

On 4/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

They're likely to release a single/waveless/BAFless figure for Shang-Chi in a different costume he appears in the movie (or maybe a shirtless one), a la the Binary and Kree Captain Marvels.

Not sure how likely it is but I’d rather them release a Secret Avengers version ( AKA exactly Bruce Lee).. at least give me some incentive to chase this movies add ons

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Not sure how likely it is but I’d rather them release a Secret Avengers version ( AKA exactly Bruce Lee).. at least give me some incentive to chase this movies add ons

FCEBA887-17C3-4392-A30A-0FCC6B542E36.jpeg

I wouldn't mind that version, also he could be an army builder