New Marvel Legends Domino And Cannoball With Legs Revealed

JayC

49 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

good point! certainly based on the minimal accessories, $40 seems more reasonable. and that is assuming it is in fact a 2-pack, which doesn't seem 100% confirmed (??)... maybe they just showed them together to remind people of the old toybiz 2-pack with these two.

If they didn't explicitly call this is a two-pack, my money's still on it being an Amazon three-pack, probably including Feral. They revealed Nimrod at Toy Fair last year, after all.

57 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

What Domino suit is that? It's not the Liefeld X-Force version right? I think the pink is throwing me. Anyway, I probably won't get it, I'm happy with the other Cannonball, but I'm glad that those who wanted legs now have them lol.

Yeah, it is. The colours aren't necessarily 100% accurate, but to be honest the details of her colouring changed a lot. In at least one iconic cover, I remember the shoulder-pads being gold, and I think they were usually at least a fair bit darker than depicted here.

And those Cannonball legs dont match with the Wendigo wave one at all, as the purple used are different and he should use a brown leather boot for that version too.. but at least, think it is possible to use the blast effect from the other on this one... hope it is just a prototype and they still adjust the collors, although knowing Hasbro, i dont think so hahah

They're definitely renders. Also, now that I'm looking a little closer, I think the shoulder-pads maybe are gold. I think because it's a screen-capture of a livestream of renders, some of the colours are just getting washed out. The colours will probably look a lot better once we see a final image.

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i have seen some pics with just the legs that seem to suggest the torso can be removed. but who knows at this point

Well the fact that the blast effect was pretty much made to be removable would suggest that the first figure was originally supposed to come with legs as well. Somewhere along the line Hasbro either cheaper out (my personal suspicion) or realized they could double dip sometime in the future (also completely feasible).

I'll get it, and I do like that Domino better than the last on, but it's still kinda shifty on Hasbro's part. Nothing new.

As far as the double jointed elbows, I can take it or leave it. I'm glad to see Hasbro responding to fans though. I just know this is gonna lead to the inevitable "they need to redo this female figure cuz double jointed elbows" argument.

Oh hey hey!, so this is how we are getting the Cannonball legs, with a whole new Cannonball, I gotta say I was hoping we'd just get the legs and not a whole new figure with legs, I didn't want to feel like I might as well throw the old one in a landfill, but from what I have seen these legs are removable, so since I actually liked all of the colors on the first version, I'll certainly buy this take the legs and head and use the old body. I am always pleased to see more Domino, while not actually either of the Domino's on my wishlist, sure I'll take it with a smile.

3 hours ago, Cyke82 said:

Think if the intention was making Classic X-Force Domino costume, they should go with the all blue/darker purple uniform, which i think is the one most people refers to, although this one was also used in the comics as Spiders said...

images.jpeg

This is a bit of a later version that wouldn't match the rest of the 90s X-Force figures we have. By the time she wore this outfit, Cannonball was in blue and yellow, Shatterstar was in red, etc. True, the figure we're getting is actually Copycat pretending to be Domino*, but it matches our existing team better.

* Technically, Domino also wore the Copycat outfit in flashbacks, so I guess it could be used as Copycat or Domino. It's complicated.

12 minutes ago, Benn said:

This is a bit of a later version that wouldn't match the rest of the 90s X-Force figures we have. By the time she wore this outfit, Cannonball was in blue and yellow, Shatterstar was in red, etc. True, the figure we're getting is actually Copycat pretending to be Domino*, but it matches our existing team better.

* Technically, Domino also wore the Copycat outfit in flashbacks, so I guess it could be used as Copycat or Domino. It's complicated.

Oh yeah!! Thanks for the explanation, Benn!! I didnt read X-Force so much by that time... but although i dont like this Domino's particular design, it could be interesting if they add a Copycat alternate head to the figure then... let's see how the official images of the paint job will look and I'll probably get more excited about this pack heheh

4 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I have to say a maybe on this. They finally get around to giving us a Cannonball with legs and they make it a two pack for 50 bucks? I have to see what they are planning with the Excalibur set to make up my mind.

No matter what price it ends up as, it gets a hard maybe in my book. I already have a domino that I'm very found of. As far as Cannonball's legs? I'm not as forgiving as I used to be, and I just don't see rewarding Hasbro for going back to fix a bone-head FUBAR they should never have made in the first place.

Crap, why not just do the Domino as a normal priced single and include a pair of Cannonball legs as a pack-in? It's not like they've never done that before.