Hasbro Fan Fest Marvel Legends Panel

JayC

Love the idea of a HasLab Galactus, don’t love the idea of how much it would cost lol. Anyway, I’m happy with today’s reveals, they’re pretty much all instant purchases. No interest in AoA wave 2, but that’s fine. Still, felt a little lackluster with how much they teased was coming today. I hoped at least we’d see a couple more Infinity Saga figures.

Ursa Major! finally what a awesome thing!, I really am super happy with how this IM wave looks, I need that Ursa so it's going to be a must buy this whole wave deal for me, I actually was surprised how much I liked Stealth IM and Hologram, thought I'd probably not be that into those but they look really nice, but Ultron, Ironheart, Guardsman, Darkstar and Ursa Major rad rad rad. I don't really care so much about the fat thor, I'm sure I'm pretty alone there.

LOOK at the range of articulation on that Iron Man. THAT is what the standard should be. No, he's not particularly "acrobatic" and we dont need him to be, but he DOES need to move the way a human should. This wave is looking FANTASTIC.....the only thing to make it better wouldvve been Crimson Dynamo.  

And we're getting Ursa Major as the BAF. I called it. YES. Stealth Iron Man and Guardsman, not to mention Ultron. 

F**kin Xmas in April! And its snowing now here in Alaska so I'm a very happy boy....

With all the leaks I was expecting Hasbro tease more of the stuff we already know is coming.

As for the Iron Man wave, the first Iron Man wave since 2013, it's underwhelming. Darkstar and Ultron are not Iron Man-related, and not even the BaF being Iron Man-themed is particularly flagrant. I approve Spider-Man waves getting away with slapping Shang-Chi or Night Thrasher, but Spider-Man gets two waves every year at the least. This wave deserved to be fully Iron Man-themed, or at the least 90% of it.

The Hologram Iron Man should have been revealed in April 1st because it's a joke. The Stealth Iron Man doesn't come with the appropriate retooling. The Stealth Iron Man is supposed to have curved cuffs, shoulder pads, a backpack and a different helmet shape. It's not just the classic armor painted dark blue. Speaking of, the Stealth Armor should be mostly black with blue highlights. The suit is not blue in the comics.

The Modular Iron Man should have come with modular snap-on accessories that even ToyBiz managed to pull off when they did the figure, and the Ironheart figure should be using her current armor and not the outdated MK 2 design. The only figure that is good for what it is is Guardsman. And that says something about this wave.

I'm really disappointed that this wave managed to check every box in my list of "Fears I have about this wave." From the Stealth Iron Man being a lazy repaint to the Modular Iron Man not reaching its full potential with accessories.

Looking at this wave and the Black Widow wave from last year, I feel like Ursa Major and Darkstar should have switched places with Crimson Dynamo and Spymaster. That would have made this an appropriately Iron Man-themed wave.

The big reveal for me today was the Ursa Major BAF. I feel like everything else was known. I really like the Darkstar, Guardsman and Ironheart figures though too. Nothing else excited me. I'll buy the whole wave to complete the BAF even though I hate that there are 3 different Iron Mans in the wave.

I do want that Quasar too, but hate that it's a Walgreens exclusive - those have proven impossible for me to get in the wild so I always have to pay $35 for them on ebay.