Hasbro Fan Fest Marvel Legends Panel

JayC

49 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

That's not true... Sure we can't have the 100+ foot tall version, but Galactus has been portrayed at around 30 feet pretty often, at least at first. And regardless, with Galactus, the bigger the better, so a 2-3 foot tall HasLab version would be significantly better than a tiny 10 inch tall BAF. 

So you say.

Personally, I'd rather have a 10" BAF that ALL of us can get, than a 2-3 foot monstrosity made because someone at Hasbro got a copy of MattyCollector's playbook.

25 minutes ago, mako said:

So you say.

Personally, I'd rather have a 10" BAF that ALL of us can get, than a 2-3 foot monstrosity made because someone at Hasbro got a copy of MattyCollector's playbook.

The hypothetical 2-3' "monstrosity" would be made because that's what most of us actually *want*.  Trust me, Hasbro doesn't throw together these Haslab projects because some employee demands it.  Toybiz did a 10" BAF before and it looks ridiculous.  The character is supposed to eat planets, not globes.  Let's give him the comic representation that he deserves, not serve up people who are too cheap to buy a crowd-funded project.  

11 hours ago, tarot said:

I can see hasbro making another sought after BAF for the second AOA wave. There is no way they would make Sabretooth, who was a major part of the story, the BAF. It be like making Spider-man the BAF of his own wave (though they still need to make a Man-Spider and Spider-Hulk). A redone Nemesis/Holocaust would be great but for my money it needs to be someone new, like Abyss or Wolverine (no not that one the AOA version). 

Then again Hasbro does try and work in characters that have never been done in Marvel Legends like Morph, Wild Child and Nate Gray that can be used in other displays so I'm hoping they do that for this wave as well. Maybe Mikhail?

They covered most of the characters that "crossed over" to the regular Marvel U in the first wave, minus Holocaust/Nemesis.  I could MAYBE see Legion showing up in the wave, given his importance to that storyline, though Legion strikes me as the kind of character that ends up an exclusive somewhere (I would've said Walgreens before they moved away from X-Characters).  

I think we get Nemesis/Holocaust in SOME form, though possibly as a "fan channel exclusive" re-release/redeco of his already-existing build-a-figure.  My shot-in-the-dark guess for who we might see is:

Sabretooth

Rogue

Cyclops

Magneto

Sinister

Gambit

Iceman

Abyss (or updated Holocaust/Nemesis) BAF

Sabretooth, Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, Gambit, and Iceman would complete the lineup of old Toy Biz AoA figures.  Which seems to be the kind of thing Hasbro likes to do.  Plus I'd pretty much say that Magneto, Rogue, and Sabretooth at a minimum are pretty much "must-haves".

EDIT:  Forgot that Toy Biz did an AoA Omega Red too.  Not sure if they'd manage to redo him or not.  I'd rather have AoA Sinister, personally.

46 minutes ago, mako said:

So you say.

All of us (at least in the US and possibly abroad depending on what distribution deals they work out) will be able to get any HasLab product that successfully funds.  You just have to order it.

Not gonna lie, I would probably shell out $400 or potentially even more for a 3+ Foot Tall Galactus that comes with Firelord, Air-Walker, Nova, and/or Morg.  Though if Hasbro wants to work out an improved Terrax and toss in Stardust, Red Shift, or hell, even Herald-of-Galactus Thor, I'm fine with that too.

3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Not gonna lie, I would probably shell out $400 or potentially even more for a 3+ Foot Tall Galactus that comes with Firelord, Air-Walker, Nova, and/or Morg.  Though if Hasbro wants to work out an improved Terrax and toss in Stardust, Red Shift, or hell, even Herald-of-Galactus Thor, I'm fine with that too.

Whoa, whoah, whoa... let's not give Hasbro any ideas in case they're paying attention. You gotta lowball 'em at first. 

I would gladly pay $60 for a three foot tall Galactus! Maybe more if it came with some Heralds. 😉

29 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Grizzly and Machinesmith worked for Scott Lang as part of Ant-Man's Security Solutions in the comics a couple years ago. They would be a nice pairing with the Ant-Man/Stinger two-pack.

spacer.png

I'm well aware of that but back in the 90's  Grizzly and Gibbon were a crime-fighting duo and that's what I want, so they can then fight their arch-enemy the White Rabbit 

17 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

They covered most of the characters that "crossed over" to the regular Marvel U in the first wave, minus Holocaust/Nemesis.  I could MAYBE see Legion showing up in the wave, given his importance to that storyline, though Legion strikes me as the kind of character that ends up an exclusive somewhere (I would've said Walgreens before they moved away from X-Characters).  

I think we get Nemesis/Holocaust in SOME form, though possibly as a "fan channel exclusive" re-release/redeco of his already-existing build-a-figure.  My shot-in-the-dark guess for who we might see is:

Sabretooth, Rogue, Cyclops, Magneto, Sinister, Gambit, Iceman, Abyss (or updated Holocaust/Nemesis) BAF

I would love a legion. Personally would rather have him than any of the AoA characters u listed. Would be cool to see nemesis as a fan channel exclusive to see how Hasbro would make him and Abyss seems like a really tough character to translate to figure form but a character I have been wanting for some time now. 

17 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I would be super pist if heralds came with Galactus if he were turned into a Haslab. I am on a tight budget there is no way I can throw $400+ at one figure. Would much rather see them in there own wave with tyrant as a BAF and terrax as like a deluxe redone.

Wow, astonishing to get Ursa Major before classic Crimson Dynamo or Gremlin Titanium Man. Those two are absolute wants for me, but the Winter Guard / Soviet Supersoldiers won't be completed unless we get commie hammer-and-sickle wielding Vanguard. Though I really can't see such a figure gracing the pegs at Walgreens or your local toy store...

26 minutes ago, Davinxi said:

Wow, astonishing to get Ursa Major before classic Crimson Dynamo or Gremlin Titanium Man. Those two are absolute wants for me, but the Winter Guard / Soviet Supersoldiers won't be completed unless we get commie hammer-and-sickle wielding Vanguard. Though I really can't see such a figure gracing the pegs at Walgreens or your local toy store...

Vanguard is wearing the red guardian suit these days. Still called vanguard though

6 hours ago, Davinxi said:

Don't think you have much to worry about...Its the same notion that Hasbro would just never use the Ms. Marvel/Gammora/Rogue body mold, but then we see it on Jocasta and they re-released Rogue herself using that exact mold. I doubt any outlet is really gonna care that much about the Overlapping Symbols of the Workers’ State on his costume. But frankly give Walgreens' track record of late, I hope Vanguard isn't picked up by them.

My concern about him would be Hasbro making his tunic too stiff, which will impede leg movement. 

Wonder if they'll finish out the Soviet Super Soldiers /Winter Guard before the Inhumans?

38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Don't think you have much to worry about...Its the same notion that Hasbro would just never use the Ms. Marvel/Gammora/Rogue body mold, but then we see it on Jocasta and they re-released Rogue herself using that exact mold. I doubt any outlet is really gonna care that much about the Overlapping Symbols of the Workers’ State on his costume. But frankly give Walgreens' track record of late, I hope Vanguard isn't picked up by them.

My concern about him would be Hasbro making his tunic too stiff, which will impede leg movement. 

Wonder if they'll finish out the Soviet Super Soldiers /Winter Guard before the Inhumans?

they could alway just remove the Hammer and Sickle. Like how they can't have the Classic Red Skull with a Nazi symbol so they remove it or switch it with something else. If they ever do Daimon Hellstrom, they won't have the pentagram on the chest.

19 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Didn't get to watch the stream since I was at work. Did pre-order the Modular Iron Man and the Classic Ultron. The hologram Iron Man gives me hope they can give us a better Iceman in the near future!

My Juggernaut wave Iceman's leg broke off, so the moment I saw that Hologram Iron Man I actually did think of using that buck as my Iceman. Hopefully the head from that X-men wave is close to the same colour so I can just plop that on this one.

2 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

My Juggernaut wave Iceman's leg broke off, so the moment I saw that Hologram Iron Man I actually did think of using that buck as my Iceman. Hopefully the head from that X-men wave is close to the same colour so I can just plop that on this one.

Never had that Iceman but I know it is gummy as hell! Hopefully this Iron Man won't be and it'll prove that they have gotten better making translucent figures.

23 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

I would be super pist if heralds came with Galactus if he were turned into a Haslab. I am on a tight budget there is no way I can throw $400+ at one figure. Would much rather see them in there own wave with tyrant as a BAF and terrax as like a deluxe redone.

I mean I'd be happy to see them in their own wave too, but the fact of the matter is that outside the Surfer, and MAYBE Firelord and Terrax they're basically C-list characters.  So no, we're never going to get a wave of Heralds outside of all of them showing up in a Silver Surfer movie or something (and it'd be MCU versions in that case).  At best they would come out in dribs and drabs over years in mixed Guardians of the Galaxy movie waves or the like.

So yeah, characters like Nova and Air Walker are pretty solid choices for a Galactus pack-in.  And bluntly speaking?  It's not like there wouldn't be a very solid chance that Hasbro would eventually re-release them in an easier-to-get format once they're tooled up.  

Alternately, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro DIDN'T do all/many/any of the Heralds as pack-ins and instead put them in an SDCC box set or Amazon "big box" exclusive that'd be out around the time the HasLab Galactus hits.

But the bottom line is that I'd be really freaking surprised to ever see Air Walker or Morg or especially characters like Stardust or Red Shift outside of some kind of exclusive barring movie appearances.  Firelord and Nova (mostly because she'd be fairly easy/cheap to do) I could see as part of regular waves (in the "character that nobody but hardcore comic fans care about slot that usually pegwarms"), but not the rest of them.

20 hours ago, Atlantis said:

These days the Hammer and Sickle don’t hold as much weight as they once did. And certainly aren’t as widely recognized or rightly demonized as the Swastika of Nazi Germany, whether that’s fair or not I can’t say. Both symbols certainly had their share of atrocities.

id be curious if Vanguard ever was made how Hasbro would follow through. 

17 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I’ve had two(!!) white Visions leg break off.. heard that the translucent figure are more brittle. Hoping that if they ever revisit classic comic white Vision it will be cast in white plastic 

I bit the bullet and bought the Sentinel at the 11th hour but in truth if they do announce a Galactus I may consider selling the Sentinel to finance big G. 

I only have room for one child sized toy in my collection and if I had to choose, Galactus would win out..