Hasbro Fan Fest Marvel Legends Panel

JayC

Not familiar with Grizzly that a few of you had mentioned. If they ever re-released the bear mold I’d like to see a box set of Ursa Major in bear form along with his human form in his Soviet military uniform. 

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

These days the Hammer and Sickle don’t hold as much weight as they once did. And certainly aren’t as widely recognized or rightly demonized as the Swastika of Nazi Germany, whether that’s fair or not I can’t say. Both symbols certainly had their share of atrocities.

id be curious if Vanguard ever was made how Hasbro would follow through. 

Also Hasbro have already done Hammer and Sickle weapons, so people could just assume they are just weapons without anything symbolic about them.

47 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Also Hasbro have already done Hammer and Sickle weapons, so people could just assume they are just weapons without anything symbolic about them.

Yeah I don't know why some Marvel toy enthusiasts on this forum are so quick to worry about what they think the average consumer won't like, so they just dismiss the possibility of this or that figure ever being made. There can't be any curvy female figures based on curvy characters 'cause that might offend shoppers- but we still get Ms. Marvel and Rogue. This or that character wont be a figure 'cause its not attached to a movie/tv show, but then we get Union Jack, Moon Knight, Alpha Flight, Darkhawk. Oh Hasbro/Disney can't show anything that could be considered "satanic" or "demonic" but then they release the likes of Ghost Rider, Blackheart, Demogoblin, Red Goblin....flames and fangs and tongues lolling out all over the damn place. Just chill, fellas. And think about this, if you think Vanguard's chest symbol can't be made, and then it is made, is that going to bother you, or are you gonna be glad to get another awesome Marvel Legend figure?  I think until we have someone on the Hasbro team actually say "we can't do this/that", lets just see how it goes.

Hasbro has released a new stop-motion video done by D.M. Galloway at DGDX Animation showing off their newly announced Iron Man themed Marvel Legends figures. You can pre-order these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Just to recap, the wave which features a Ursa Major Build-A-Figure includes the following:

-Modular Iron Man figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects

-Vault Guardsman figure
2 Pairs of hands
Pistol
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Stealth Iron Man figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Hologram Iron Man figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Ultron figure
2 Pairs of hands
Extra right hand
Effect piece
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Ironheart figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
2 Smoke effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Darkstar figure
3 Pairs of hands
Ursa Major BAF piece

Firstly, im alittle late to comment about the reveals but EXCSTATIC for modular iron man, my all time favorite armor. Preordered him right away. The wave looks pretty solid imo, but I think I ll just get modular and ultron overall. Ultrons crackle effect is so subtle but so well done, chefs kiss. He looks great too. Maybe snag stealth suit at some point as ive always had a fondness for that armor/effect. Ursa Major looks pretty great but i dont have much connection to him. Guardsman looks good but something seems alittle weird to me of the figure. He ll definitely be hardest to find since you can army build him, him and ultron. I find it interesting that they used the movie mold to do hologram iron man but then again im not that familiar with the source material of what its based. Darkstar is a great addition altho bland overall as a figure, im sure alot of people have been wanting her Winter Guard and other teams. Riri, im not that familar with, nice figure but nothing im really attached to. 

Secondly, that animation was awesome. Just a well done way of promoting the wave. 

Decent video. Always love me a little ACBA action. Looks like they're treating the Vault Guardsman as the first Guardsman in this video. That's cool, cuz that's mostly how I plan to use him. Not really looking to army build this one. I'm thinking he'll appear as a single character in the upcoming Iron Wars Disney+ show. 

Damn that was some good animation! I hope we see that for every wave from now on.

The stealth suit is quickly becoming my most anticipated figure from the wave, even despite the inaccurate shoulders. That 80th mold in the dark blue and red just looks so good, especially in this animation. For those wondering, I believe the reason they didn't give him Silver Centurion's shoulders is because those sit so deep in the torso that they needed to use that wonky neck from SC, which nobody liked either. Sort of a pick your battles scenario, I much prefer no shoulder pads to the weird neck.

9 hours ago, Legender said:

Hilarious how they show in the background not even animated the figure that nobody wants (the hologram)

I hope I can find someone to exchange the hologram for a ninja or another guardsman ... 

Yeah, it is almost like the know something...

On 4/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, ADour said:

Reflecting something I mentioned in that gripes-with-Legends thread, I think collectors should get a well-rounded display out of a wave. A wave should form a cohesive unit. And that's my issue with Ultron, Darkstar and Ursa Major. Ultron is related to Iron Man by way of the Avengers, but he's not an Iron Man villain. If I'm feeling generous, I would consider him Iron Man tangential. But like I've mentioned before, I already have an Ultron in my Iron Man villains display and I don't feel he belongs there.

As for Darkstar, even if she's been involved in one or two Iron Man stories, and even if the Winter Guard formally debuted in an Iron Man issue, I don't think she qualifies for the label of "Iron Man character." I would say Hasbro feels the same since both she and Ultron have the generic Marvel logo in the front of the package.

I also have to clarify that there's a reason I'm being particularly finicky about the character selection in this wave. Which is the fact that this is the first Iron Man wave in eight years, and who knows when's the next one going to come out. I can live with Shang-Chi or Night Thrasher or Gwenpool being in a Spider-Man wave because Spider-Man has two guaranteed waves every year, not to mention he gets many special releases, with last year's special releases amounting to an entire wave.

Well, there's another reason I'm being finicky and that is that Iron Man is my favorite character. That adds fuel to my stuck-up-dork self. Gotta admit that.

I don't think you're being finicky. I can see your points and agree with them; I'm the same way about the Vision. He still hasn't been done correctly and there's no reason for it. When I saw the classic Ultron I naturally thought he'd be in an Avengers wave. Darkstar, Major Ursa- not seeing them in their own wave, but I could easily see them with Iron Man, Hulk, or even Black Widow. Bottom line, while I would expect/prefer certain figures to be associated with certain waves, I'm content to get them in waves they're normally not associated with. So yeah, you give me an excellent Watcher BAF in a Thor, or even a Luke Cage wave, I might scratch my head, but best believe, I'm gonna be on that sucker.

Don't wanna derail this thread but I made my own Adour wave:

• Iron Man NOW armor
  • Prometheum armor
  • Moon Dragon (classic)
  • Maria Hill/ SHIELD troop bldr (2 different female heads)
  • Crimson Dynamo (classic)
  • Firebrand
  • Dr. Spectrum (Kenji Obatu, power prism accessory)

BAF- Titanium Man

In one of the interviews they said this was originally conceived as a Retro wave but Marvel apparently requested a BAF. They mentioned a Retro Iron Man wave was still a possibility in the future, though. Maybe a Crimson Dynamo could be included there. There are also a few other uses they could get out of the Modular Armor body; in addition to a red and yellow redeco, it could easily be used to make a Marvel vs. Capcom War Machine.

image.thumb.png.0d45eaca15db9feded65cc4d265f8cc3.png

1 minute ago, watanabefan said:

In one of the interviews they said this was originally conceived as a Retro wave but Marvel apparently requested a BAF. They mentioned a Retro Iron Man wave was still a possibility in the future, though. Maybe a Crimson Dynamo could be included there. There are also a few other uses they could get out of the Modular Armor body; in addition to a red and yellow redeco, it could easily be used to make a Marvel vs. Capcom War Machine.

Oh a Retro Iron Man wave is coming. That's almost guaranteed now. It's literally the only one left of the Toybiz line that Hasbro show they were thinking of doing way back when they revealed the Spider-man retro wave.

By the way guys, the reason they are doing a F4 Haslab and retro wave this year is because it is the team anniversary. 

Gijoe was alot of nothing. Legends is more passes for me. Was hoping to hear word on the Excalibur tease. The Iron Man wave was a disappointment. What no Mandarin? No baf connected to the man himself, super lame. Like someone said before the Baf and the other belonged in the Black Widow wave.

13 hours ago, tarot said:

According to Dwight the reason they did Ursa major is because they had just done a Crimson Dynamo in the Black widow wave and Titanium Man was done by Select. They have said that they will eventually get onto does but they need to space them out.

I don't see what another company does, should impact on what they do. If that was the case, nearly all the MCU figures wouldn't be made because all the other companies are doing them.

21 hours ago, watanabefan said:

I thought this same thing once they showed off the modular armor. I would go nuts if they started to include marvel vs capcom characters in their gamerverse subline. But even if they just do a variant color, im in. Its a very striking color scheme, especially if they do any kind of metallics or light blue. 

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

I don't see what another company does, should impact on what they do. If that was the case, nearly all the MCU figures wouldn't be made because all the other companies are doing them.

I believe its because Gentle Giant does alot of sculpts from both companies. Ive noticed in the past that both companies will do the same characters but they are never right after the other and if they are, they are usually very different.. If I recall the walmart exclusive redone baf thanos came out around the same time as that weird looking marvel select thanos, which was around the time Thanos was getting big in the MCU. Even then I believe the redone baf was out multiple months before the select. 

1 minute ago, EvilHayato said:

I believe its because Gentle Giant does alot of sculpts from both companies. Ive noticed in the past that both companies will do the same characters but they are never right after the other and if they are, they are usually very different.. If I recall the walmart exclusive redone baf thanos came out around the same time as that weird looking marvel select thanos, which was around the time Thanos was getting big in the MCU. Even then I believe the redone baf was out multiple months before the select. 

It's still a pathetic excuse.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

It's still a pathetic excuse.

I definitely agree and is super weird to even have that kind of conflict with releases from 2 separate companies. Im sure tarot will fully clarify the situation in case i was inaccurate in my assumption so we ll get the full scoop on whats happening tho. 

11 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I definitely agree and is super weird to even have that kind of conflict with releases from 2 separate companies. Im sure tarot will fully clarify the situation in case i was inaccurate in my assumption so we ll get the full scoop on whats happening tho. 

I mean in the interview they said that they weren't afraid to compete with Select but at the same time they probably knew people would buy the Select version for cheaper instead of building the wave. It would be alot easier to wait for the select to come out and eventually rise in price and then swoop in with their version with a few figure people have been asking for. would you pay 130-160 to just build a character you can get for 30-50?

There might also be a no contest clause between Disney and other companies. The MCU figures are different as those are other companies milk and butter. they will sell to non-comic fans. 

1 minute ago, tarot said:

I mean in the interview they said that they weren't afraid to compete with Select but at the same time they probably knew people would buy the Select version for cheaper instead of building the wave. It would be alot easier to wait for the select to come out and eventually rise in price and then swoop in with their version with a few figure people have been asking for. would you pay 130-160 to just build a character you can get for 30-50?

There might also be a no contest clause between Disney and other companies. The MCU figures are different as those are other companies milk and butter. they will sell to non-comic fans. 

That is very true, they are pretty much competitors to eachother. I was just assuming there was more to it potentially.