Fantastic Four-related HasLab Speculation

RyanDaly

The Marvel Legends team teased another HasLab product is coming soon (potentially later this month). And the teaser video showed the Fantastic Four. So who, or what, or wherefore could this product be?

The frontrunner is the oft-requested Devour of Worlds himself, Galactus. But there's also speculation that it could be a version of the Fantasticar. Who or what else do you think? Could it be The Watcher? Could it be one of the giant subterranean monsters summoned by the Mole Man or Prince Namor? Maybe it's Doctor Doom's castle in Doomstadt (in scale, 240 rooms, half of them torture chambers, dimensions are thirty-six feet wide, twenty-one feet wide, fifteen feet tall). Okay, it's probably not Castle Doom, but what else?

Any thoughts? 

I'm pretty sure that if it's Galactus (And that's certainly my leading candidate) Hasbro will find a way to get at least some of the more glaringly missing Heralds into our hands around the time he drops.  Whether it's as pack-ins or in an adjacent FF Wave.

I DO however think there's a very good chance that yes, the Heralds will be tier rewards.  Not sure why that's such a horrible prospect given the Sentinel easily met all its' tier levels and I doubt Galactus would have much more trouble (Yes, I understand the Sentinel could be seen as an "army builder" but I'd be really surprised if many people bought more than two).  

What I HOPE is that they don't pack him with the Silver Surfer.  Like Bastion, give us someone new, like (probably/preferably) Firelord or Nova.  Then let Air Walker, whichever one of Firelord or Nova they DON'T start with, and maybe Morg be tier add-ons.  There's really only one alt-head they would reasonably do for Galactus (Unmasked) without just getting into different versions of his helmet, so there may be more "room" for pack-in figures as tier-add ons here.

Wouldn't mind seeing a redone/improved Terrax either, and I wouldn't even argue if they wanted to throw in Herald of Galactus Thor in there, either.  (Or any of the lesser-known heralds like Stardust, Red Shift, the Fallen One, or Robo Air Walker.

Fantasticar?  Well, it's my second most likely choice, and I honestly don't know if I'd get it.  At this point it's easier to justify larger figures than vehicles as far as space goes.

Admittedly, if the Fantasticar turned out to be the only way to get say, Franklin and Valeria Richards figures, I might have to bite the bullet.  But packing in another Fantastic Four, even if it's in say, the navy-and-white costumes, just seems...meh.  

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

I DO however think there's a very good chance that yes, the Heralds will be tier rewards.  Not sure why that's such a horrible prospect given the Sentinel easily met all its' tier levels and I doubt Galactus would have much more trouble (Yes, I understand the Sentinel could be seen as an "army builder" but I'd be really surprised if many people bought more than two). 

I don't think that in most cases it's a fear of the tiers not getting unlocked.  I think some folks just don't want to see the heralds be exclusive to a very expensive Galactus release.  Maybe they already have a Galactus in their collection that they see as serviceble and just really want a Firelord or Air-Walker or whomever to go with him.  Not every collector can swing a HasLab investment.  I certainly get that.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

I don't think that in most cases it's a fear of the tiers not getting unlocked.  I think some folks just don't want to see the heralds be exclusive to a very expensive Galactus release.  Maybe they already have a Galactus in their collection that they see as serviceble and just really want a Firelord or Air-Walker or whomever to go with him.  Not every collector can swing a HasLab investment.  I certainly get that.

Yeah, I agree with this. I wouldn't want a super-expensive Galactus to come with that many frequently-requested Heralds that can't be found anywhere else. Maybe a new Silver Surfer, maybe a grownup Franklin Richards, or Alicia Masters. As for the other tiers, let them get creative with some kind of energy "Kirby Krackle" effect. Maybe a base for him to stand on that's part of his ship...?

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Exactly, I'm happy with my Toy Biz Galactus, but he needs some Heralds, so I don't want to see any Heralds included with any HasLab Galactus. It was bad enough that they included Bastion with the Sentinel, I don't want the same thing happening again. They can easily give Galactus other things like his Elemental Converter and not rely on figures.

I think it will be the Fantasticar and Galactus will be the HasLab after this. Hasbro has teased FF4 retro stuff. And being the 50th anniversary for FF4 it makes sense to do the Fantasticar with the retro figures.

As far as Galactus goes I don't think it'll take too long to develop. The inner workings probably have already been figured out by developing the Sentinel (just need to scale it larger).

On 4/10/2021 at 7:18 PM, Jmacq1 said:

I'm pretty sure that if it's Galactus (And that's certainly my leading candidate) Hasbro will find a way to get at least some of the more glaringly missing Heralds into our hands around the time he drops.  Whether it's as pack-ins or in an adjacent FF Wave.

What I HOPE is that they don't pack him with the Silver Surfer.  Like Bastion, give us someone new, like (probably/preferably) Firelord or Nova.  Then let Air Walker, whichever one of Firelord or Nova they DON'T start with, and maybe Morg be tier add-ons.  There's really only one alt-head they would reasonably do for Galactus (Unmasked) without just getting into different versions of his helmet, so there may be more "room" for pack-in figures as tier-add ons here.

Wouldn't mind seeing a redone/improved Terrax either, and I wouldn't even argue if they wanted to throw in Herald of Galactus Thor in there, either.  (Or any of the lesser-known heralds like Stardust, Red Shift, the Fallen One, or Robo Air Walker.

Fantasticar?  Well, it's my second most likely choice, and I honestly don't know if I'd get it.  At this point it's easier to justify larger figures than vehicles as far as space goes.

Admittedly, if the Fantasticar turned out to be the only way to get say, Franklin and Valeria Richards figures, I might have to bite the bullet.  But packing in another Fantastic Four, even if it's in say, the navy-and-white costumes, just seems...meh.  

Yep.  I'm thinking tier 1 nova, tier 2 morg, tier 3 air Walker.  I think firelord may be too popular to be put in this wave.  Though I really want him and the surfer again somehow.  I could also see them doing the punisher from his first appearance.  But yeah other than a galen head nobody really wants.... I mean heralds are the best accessories for Galactus.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:20 PM, MonsterChris said:

Thank you this person bringing the facts over here. I am in this situation and I do not have the budget rn for an expensive ass Haslab Galatcus which I would love to have if it gets made. But making the heralds exclusive to that piece would be so frustrating. I have been asking for a heralds of Galactus wave forever, with tyrant as the Baf. Please Hasbro don't kill by making heralds tiers.

Originally leaned towards the HasLab being the Fantasticar, but now I'm leaning towards Galactus. The main reason is because I just watched the Legends livestream and Ryan hinted at the "ominous" music that was playing during the HasLab video of the FF4. That would suggest more Galactus than the Fantasticar. And I know it wouldn't happen but wouldn't it be crazy if the Fantasticar was an ultimate tier unlock for a Galactus HasLab!!!!!

On 4/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, leokearon said:

If it is Galactus, I really hope they don't be dickish and add Heralds as Tier add ons, like they did with Bastion and the Prime Sentinels.

Who am I kidding off course they will

Yeah that's horrible. I couldn't justify spending that cash on the Sentinel and don't think I could do it for Galactus. And I have no illusions that he'd be any cheaper.

Frankly, while he certainly is a fixture in the Marvel mythos, he's never been something I'd want as a figure. That toybiz BAF was pretty amazing though (I have the head that came with Prof X). If they slap in Firelord, chrome-looking Frankie Raye Nova, then thats really gonna tork me off.

Damn. I probably just gave them an idea didn't I? 

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

If they slap in Firelord, chrome-looking Frankie Raye Nova, then thats really gonna tork me off.

If Galactus is the project I would much rather have something other than exclusive figures be the tiered unlockables.  I think someone above suggested his world devouring machine as an idea.

However, if the project is Galactus and if he ends up including exclusive figures, I think they could do some characters that wouldn't anger or disenfranchise too many people.  There's Johnny Storm as Herald of Galactus, for example.  Maybe Shalla Bal?  Maybe a Galen Taa?  I think they've got some options there.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Honestly, I would prefer no extras, like bonus figures or effects, if it meant shaving some $$$ off the price. Save the Heralds for regular waves and keep the glowing eyes to the Sentinels and knock fifty dollars off the cost.

Trying to find ways to save collectors a few bucks is REALLY not what HasLab is about....

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

If Galactus is the project I would much rather have something other than exclusive figures be the tiered unlockables.  I think someone above suggested his world devouring machine as an idea.

However, if the project is Galactus and if he ends up including exclusive figures, I think they could do some characters that wouldn't anger or disenfranchise too many people.  There's Johnny Storm as Herald of Galactus, for example.  Maybe Shalla Bal?  Maybe a Galen Taa?  I think they've got some options there.

I wouldn't argue with a Punisher Robot or two....

I think the bottom line is that they're GOING to have tier goals, and I'm pretty sure the initial pack in is almost certain to be a herald.  Worst- (or best depending on how you look at it) case scenario it's the Silver Surfer and people can chill out because yeah, there are a few versions out there that people can get instead.

But I'm gonna be real surprised if he doesn't come with any Heralds at all.

I really hope it's a Fantasticar or Baxter building or something more FF related, I don't want it to be Galactus, because I don't want to buy a 500+ dollar galactus that needs it's own room, that's just too much for me, I passed on the sentinel with ease, I'd do the same with Galactus but I'd have FOMO and sad vibes doing so because it's galactus!.

I'm happy for everyone who ordered 5 sentinels, but honestly where are 5 small children sized figures going to go, I mean inless you live in Windsor castle or something, and not to mention spending over like 1500 in one go on figures woo, I can't justify doing that, I'd cry in front of a mirror for days from guilt.

but Hey I feel like HasLab already ? the people have not even got the Sentinel yet. Hasbro saw those wallets rip open and the cash machine pumping with the Sentinel, if we the fans keep indulging them like this, marvel legends will just be HasLab.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

but Hey I feel like HasLab already ? the people have not even got the Sentinel yet. Hasbro saw those wallets rip open and the cash machine pumping with the Sentinel, if we the fans keep indulging them like this, marvel legends will just be HasLab.

Don't see why not. The Sentinel is clearly nearly ready for shipping and it has been nearly a year since the last one so why shouldn't they do another Haslab version. I mean the Sentinel has been on if not the best crowdfunding successes for Hasbro. They are going to bank on it for a while. And if it's a Galactus, they know people will buy it because they request it.

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

Don't see why not. The Sentinel is clearly nearly ready for shipping and it has been nearly a year since the last one so why shouldn't they do another Haslab version. I mean the Sentinel has been on if not the best crowdfunding successes for Hasbro. They are going to bank on it for a while. And if it's a Galactus, they know people will buy it because they request it.

Yes true, and why wouldn't Hasbro seize the opportunity to get more money, and make something the people want, I am just surprised that they'd move along so quickly, just felt like they'd have more space in between, but ya strike while the iron is hot.