Fantastic Four-related HasLab Speculation

RyanDaly

I could be way wrong but as I’ve become more casual with my collecting, I can’t imagine any other project that could tempt me to back it other than Galactus, Foom or a Giant Man (and the sentinel, which I did). No way I’d pay 100s of dollars for anyone/anything else. But like I said…. could be wrong.

I have no doubt it will be Galactus. One, there are very few characters that size that most ML collectors would spend that kind of money on. Secondly, back in the day, if you will recall, Hasbro gave us the Sentinel at SDCC one year, and then Galactus the next. As I recall, they could re-use some of the same parts as well as the purple coloring for some of the plastic parts... re-use equals cost savings and a bigger bottom line for them.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:55 PM, MagnaPrime said:

I'm just wondering what the tiers will be.  If they are the heralds.... Man I just don't know about this.  They even said a while ago that Galactus was the next furthest along when talking about choosing the sentinel as the first haslab.

If they do a firelord and make him exclusive to this haslab I’m going to be pretty unhappy. I haven’t been waiting years for him just to end up being forced to buy a $500 project I can’t really afford. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:56 AM, LordVenger said:

If they do a firelord and make him exclusive to this haslab I’m going to be pretty unhappy. I haven’t been waiting years for him just to end up being forced to buy a $500 project I can’t really afford. 

Same here, there is no need to start making figures Tier rewards like they did with the Sentinel. Make the tier rewards effects and stuff like his elemental convertor.

Ehhh screw that, if theyre putting a Surfer as a tier unlock, it better be a badass 6” surfer. Not a tiny figurine just to make nonbackers happy while backers get less bang for their buck.  At least it’s a character that’s been released 2 times in the last couple years vs a new character we haven’t gotten. 

On 7/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Ehhh screw that, if theyre putting a Surfer as a tier unlock, it better be a badass 6” surfer. Not a tiny figurine just to make nonbackers happy while backers get less bang for their buck.  At least it’s a character that’s been released 2 times in the last couple years vs a new character we haven’t gotten. 

Yep. If we get a good-sized Galactus (3 feet +) there's absolutely zero reason for tiny Heralds. Six-inch figures should be just fine.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Obviously not all of us have your “bucks” mo daddy. If you need to get extra characters to make the value of your purchase worth the cost then maybe you should tell ha$bro to lower the price. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, LordVenger said:

Obviously not all of us have your “bucks” mo daddy. If you need to get extra characters to make the value of your purchase worth the cost then maybe you should tell ha$bro to lower the price. 

Well the only point I’m making is that if a tier unlock in indeed Silver Surfer, it should definitely be 1:12 scale vs a tiny little knick knack of him. Between the two, if you were to back it, what sounds like the better tier unlock to you?? If it were any other herald that hasn’t been made, then that would be pretty shatty. Especially if I can’t get or don’t want Galactus.

But just like sentinel, I would have to sell off some things if I ended up wanting to invest in it.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Well the only point I’m making is that if a tier unlock in indeed Silver Surfer, it should definitely be 1:12 scale vs a tiny little knick knack of him. Between the two, if you were to back it, what sounds like the better tier unlock to you?? If it were any other herald that hasn’t been made, then that would be pretty shatty. Especially if I can’t get or don’t want Galactus.

But just like sentinel, I would have to sell off some things if I ended up wanting to invest in it.

Yea. I hear you. I wouldn’t mind if it was a 6” surfer myself. I just don’t want them to try and force us to back this in order to get characters that we have never seen before like firelord.  My point about the tiny scale stuff wasn’t to degrade the project. It was just my mental picture of the scale of galactus is like this and I do know that his size varies. But he is the devourer of worlds

E6232695-B3D1-4BC3-A26E-FAF976B5C68D.jpeg

On 7/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Galactus has had a lot of heralds over the years- I wouldn't mind if one of the more obscure ones (I.E. not Firelord or Frankie-Nova) - maybe Red Shift?  I am going to be biased, though, since I will definitely be buying Galactus. 

I can see frankie being the standard pack in figures. If the sentinel is anything to go by we may only get 2 figures, as the rest of the tiers could just be accessories. Maybe a celestial head for one?

On 7/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, MagnaPrime said:

I have to get the rumored transformers star Saber haslab if it comes out.  Not sure I can afford this too love the idea of miniatures though.  Like tiers could be teams of minis.  Tier one is ff, tier 2 is four heralds, tier 3 is four more heralds, tier 4 we get some avengers....

That is what I was thinking but I can see maybe some people wouldn’t like it. 

On 7/11/2021 at 2:26 AM, MagnaPrime said:

I have to get the rumored transformers star Saber haslab if it comes out.  Not sure I can afford this too love the idea of miniatures though.  Like tiers could be teams of minis.  Tier one is ff, tier 2 is four heralds, tier 3 is four more heralds, tier 4 we get some avengers....

I struggle to see why Star Saber would need a HasLab figure.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:47 AM, LordVenger said:

That is what I was thinking but I can see maybe some people wouldn’t like it. 

They probably wouldn't but it would be better than locking figures behind a paywall, like they did with Bastion and the female Prime Sentinel.