Marvel Legends Movie Shang-Chi And Tony Stark AI Figures Found At Target

JayC

That Ironman has to be the easiest figure and low production figure theyve made in a while. Its all reused and just different color molding. Altho I guess the tony stark head is new? initially I thought it was the same from the 80th but def not with that duck butt. Btw not complaining, its accurate and with Ironman, its consistent. Definitely an interesting idea. 

23 minutes ago, JayC said:

Thanks to Sergio.TheCollector we have our first in-hand look of the new Marvel Legends comic book based Mr. Hyde Build-A-FIgure fully assembled. Hitting Targets but again the official sale/list date should be 4/25 for the wave.

Marvel-Legends-Mr-Hyde-BAF.jpg

Kingpin's fist hand should be easily swapped on Hyde considering he shares the same arms. Had Hasbro included his classic head sculpt, they'd have my $$, choosing not to saves me $$ for the entire Ursa Major wave.

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Yeah I really hope that isn’t the case. Their early MCU stuff was very hit or miss ( more accurately glancing hit or complete whiff) 

and honestly, their face printing tech is why I’ve stayed with Legends and not moved onto more expensive lines for my MCU fix. Can’t say I’d be very excited by an only “good” representation in my display 

Might wanna get an official in-print source on that before starting to worry about this. Who said this, do they actually work for the team doing this line, when did they say it, etc. Something could have been misinterpreted, it could have been considered and then discarded, it could be 100% on the money, it could be 100% false. Let's verify first.

That Hyde looks great. I would be very surprised if Hasbro were phasing out face-printing. The MCU, Star Wars, and the Power Rangers really need it, and the difference between old Black Series figures without it, and re-released versions of those exact same figures with the face-print are like night and day.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Kingpin's fist hand should be easily swapped on Hyde considering he shares the same arms. Had Hasbro included his classic head sculpt, they'd have my $$, choosing not to saves me $$ for the entire Ursa Major wave.

Mr. Hyde doesn't shares parts with the Kingpin BAF, he shares parts with the Mr. Fixit BAF... they are different.  

Dang it. This looks like the Marvel Alliance 2 video-game version instead of the traditional comic version with a cloak and no hat --- I'm passing on this whole wave until I (inevitably) see them on clearance.

18 hours ago, ADour said:

The colors are not wrong because this isn't meant to be the classic classic armor. This is how the armor looked like in Secret Empyre when A.I. Tony was piloting it:

iron+man+ai.png

That's what I was getting at. To use this figure as a classic Iron Man, wouldn't I need to paint the reactor white and the slots black?

19 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I feel the same way. I was excited about getting the 80th anniversary Iron Man in the flat red and yellow colors, but now seeing it in these pictures, I'm not crazy about it at all. I think I'll save my money.

Yeah. The colors are technically more accurate to a classic IM but honestly I don't know if I can justify it for that paint scheme. I really don't see any reason to replace my 80th with this.

9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I wonder if since these are set for 4/25 as the street date, that maybe on like friday the 23rd an official trailer will drop for this movie? seems likely.

Doubt it. Disney isn't planning their marketing strategy around these figures. These were set with an April release date when the movie got moved to a May release date last year. The movie only just recently got bumped to Sept when Black Widow got shifted from May to July. I imagine at that point it was to late to pull back these figures. Like we saw originally with the Black Widow movie figures, they just had to let them release. I don't think Disney will release any promo's for the Shang-Chi movie like a trailer until after Black Widow is released.

31 minutes ago, JayC said:

Doubt it. Disney isn't planning their marketing strategy around these figures. These were set with an April release date when the movie got moved to a May release date last year. The movie only just recently got bumped to Sept when Black Widow got shifted from May to July. I imagine at that point it was to late to pull back these figures. Like we saw originally with the Black Widow movie figures, they just had to let them release. I don't think Disney will release any promo's for the Shang-Chi movie like a trailer until after Black Widow is released.

Since there's only a couple of months between Black Widow and Shang-Chi being released, I would be surprised if we didn't get some kind of trailer for Shang-Chi before BW comes out, even if it is just a teaser.

It's weird that Target received solid cases of just those two; I can't think of big box retailers receiving solid cases of any regular Marvel Legends figures before. Hopefully this won't be too widespread. 

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Aren't the arms the same for all 3?  I figured that just the torso was different.

At a glance it may look that way, but it is much more obvious when they are side by side. Overall the Mr. Fixit is just a bulkier and slightly taller figure (Still hoping they redo the head and proper pin striped suit for a 2 pack with a Patch Wolverine in a suit).

2 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

It's weird that Target received solid cases of just those two; I can't think of big box retailers receiving solid cases of any regular Marvel Legends figures before. Hopefully this won't be too widespread. 

Target received solid cases of single figures for the Venompool wave. I remember seeing solid Gwen, Miles and Movie venom. Other than that I can’t think of a time where this has happened.