Marvel Legends Movie Shang-Chi And Tony Stark AI Figures Found At Target

JayC

5 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

That's what I was getting at. To use this figure as a classic Iron Man, wouldn't I need to paint the reactor white and the slots black?

Yeah, you'd have to paint them. I can see the faceplate slits being easy to recolor with a fine tip marker. The unibeam would be harder, maybe a sharpie or a gundman marker?

1 hour ago, ADour said:

Yeah, you'd have to paint them. I can see the faceplate slits being easy to recolor with a fine tip marker. The unibeam would be harder, maybe a sharpie or a gundman marker?

Shew. I'm awful at fine detail work like that. The Gundam marker could work well though. Thanks for the suggestion. 

9 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

That's what I was getting at. To use this figure as a classic Iron Man, wouldn't I need to paint the reactor white and the slots black?

What I would like to see, in future Iron Man armor figures, is not just metallic-look paint, but some kind of translucent plastic "glass" over the chest uni-beam/reactor like Nimrod's. One other thing, they seem to have dropped off using any kind of boot jet treading on the soles. Wonder why.

12 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

What I would like to see, in future Iron Man armor figures, is not just metallic-look paint, but some kind of translucent plastic "glass" over the chest uni-beam/reactor like Nimrod's. One other thing, they seem to have dropped off using any kind of boot jet treading on the soles. Wonder why.

That would be great, actually. Heck, I would even settle for something like we got with the Arnim Zola baf where it was basically a decal behind clear plastic. Surely they could easily do something like the unibeam.

As we have previously been reporting, the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Shang-Chi themed wave has been showing up at Target stores.

In many cases the figures seem to be shipping in solid cases. We can see here a solid case of Shang-Chi being found on the pegs at a Target in VA.

Here for the first time we are seeing someone finding the Wenwu figure at a NC Target.

Along with the Shang-Chi and Tony Stark AI figures we showed you the other day that were found in a Target in Indiana, we've also seen people finding the Civil Warrior figure in Oh.

As we also previously reported the official sale/list date for this wave looks to be later this month on 4/25. However many Targets seem to be ignoring that date and selling the figures now. From what I can tell their are no sale restrictions being placed on these figures at Target, so if you find them you should be able to check out with them and not have any issues.

To recap the wave breaks down as follows:

-Shang-Chi (Movie)
-Death Dealer (Movie)
-Wenwu (Movie)
-Xialing (Movie)
-Iron Man (Tony Stark AI) (Comic)
-Civil Warrior (Comic)

with the Build-A-Figure being a comic book based Mr. Hyde figure.

Marvel-Legends-Wenwu.jpg

Huge pass on the entire wave. Don't collect MCU as I Don't see Shang, I see the actor. Now my comic based version, there I see Shang Chi! 224709119_ShangChivsWolverine.thumb.jpg.09948e73231cbc6b6ff7135eb93d4fc0.jpg1063011375_shangChivsRazor.thumb.jpg.0f01202dea8462fb7e29ca3cb6e72b2d.jpg1865758210_ShangChivsIronfist2.thumb.jpg.2a52f42c1bcd8bb3077324c982771d74.jpg Hasbro needs to make a 2nd comic based Shang Chi wave with Chi wearing his full Gi that he's sporting vs Wolverine. A classic Iron fist,, Razor Fist, Cat,&  Hector Ayala White Tiger, throw in the sons of the Tiger as well. That wave would sell out!1270034562_ShangChibracelets.thumb.jpg.61b735de88b79c4687fa6f863339656a.jpg1119522122_ShangChiissue22.thumb.jpg.6dc80ae633154d99209ebd7b4bbfbaf4.jpg

6 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Everytime i see more pics of this wave it becomes more unappealing.

I feel the same way. Not sure what direction they are going in here. As ACTION FIGURES the movie figures are boring AF. The comic figures are uninspired and the BAF is a huge letdown

Not having any of these MCU movies released is really hurting alot of these waves they have out or are coming out. It doesnt help that they dont feel that fun overall imo. This one in particular is a crapfest but like others said, we dont even know how cool these characters are since the dang movies arent out yet. Very glad i dont really collect MCU. These will be bargain bin in no time tho. 

57 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Not having any of these MCU movies released is really hurting alot of these waves they have out or are coming out. It doesnt help that they dont feel that fun overall imo. This one in particular is a crapfest but like others said, we dont even know how cool these characters are since the dang movies arent out yet. Very glad i dont really collect MCU. These will be bargain bin in no time tho. 

Or they'll be the next Black Panther wave (the first one).  You know, looking like hardcore pegwarmers until the movie actually comes out and suddenly nowhere to be found once it does.

On a similar note, Eternals is REALLY gonna have to make people care about those characters to sell that wave.

I stopped into my local Target in upstate NY yesterday and today. No new Shang Chi Legends. The employee that was working did point out that they just re-stocked the Spider-Verse and House of X waves which looked great on the pegs together!

Big thanks to vanillaposer for sending us these new in-hand images for the entire Marvel Legends Shang-Ch wave from Hasrbo. Shown below are the following figures:

-Shang-Chi (Movie)
-Death Dealer (Movie)
-Wenwu (Movie)
-Xialing (Movie)
-Iron Man (Tony Stark AI) (Comic)
-Civil Warrior (Video Game)

with the Build-A-Figure being a comic book based Mr. Hyde figure. These figures have started seeing early release at Target stores, but the official sale date on these is 4/25.

00.jpg

Marvel Legends-Death-Dealer.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AI-Tony-Stark.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Civil-Warrior.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mr-Hyde.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wenwu.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Xialing.jpg

Nicer pictures but still hardly anything to move the meter for me. I'll give them props for doing a great job on the faces, but at the same time nothing here looks anything like Shang-Chi.  Of course, Hasbro has to go with whatever the studio releases them at the time; maybe there is something in the movie that looks more like the Shang-Chi we know.

I don't expect an exact likeness to the comic but like Eternals, this is near-unrecognizable. And Hyde still doesnt cut it. 

Iron Man would be nice, except I prefer at least some attempt at a metallic look; if this had been the first Iron Man they ever did I'd be all over it.  That Death Dealer looks good though.

Overall, a break for my wallet. 

Yeah this wave is still super Meh to me (the movie isn't likely even to change that), no interest except for Death Dealer and Xialing, which I will get, I'm fairly sure this will be the only Death dealer we ever have in figure form so he will just be a comic stand in, and I like Xialing she has a good face and shes a new chick. so any one want to build steroid leprechaun, once I get dealer and xia those BAF pieces will be on the trading block. 

There is still something about the MCU figures that just scream boring to me. I really hope I’m wrong and this and Eternals will surprise me as I honestly felt this same way about GOTG but now that is one of my favorite franchises. 

But GOTG at the very least had interesting designs. The main characters of This Shang Chi movie and Eternals all look like background character pack ins ala Luis and MJ. Like characters that are fun that they made but are not essential to any MCU collection.