Marvel Legends Movie Shang-Chi And Tony Stark AI Figures Found At Target

JayC

Death Dealer looks sick. I can settle for such a minor character being an MCU look since its at least a costume and not just actors in plainclothes. The other MCU figures seem pretty boring unfortunately. I'm hopeful the actual movie will be a fun wuxia action flick and not just more generic modern Marvel and that'll help make me feel better about buying them for Hyde.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, McHogan said:

There is still something about the MCU figures that just scream boring to me. I really hope I’m wrong and this and Eternals will surprise me as I honestly felt this same way about GOTG but now that is one of my favorite franchises. 

But GOTG at the very least had interesting designs. The main characters of This Shang Chi movie and Eternals all look like background character pack ins ala Luis and MJ. Like characters that are fun that they made but are not essential to any MCU collection.

Totally concur. Sorry but that actor & his outfit have zero vibes as the master of kung fu. Trailer will do nada to change my mind. Black Widow will be the only MCU movie I spend $ seeing at the theater this yr. Rest will be Redbox rentals. I hope they keep this movie martial arts based & don't give Chi any BS mystical powers.

I'll pick up the whole wave because I want Hyde. The Death Dealer and the Xialing figures are interesting and worth picking up. The others are "meh". Ironically the Shang Chi figures is probably the figure that I like the least of the wave.

What I usually do with MCU focussed waves is hate the reveal or preview images, buy the wave anyway (for the comic-based dudes) then end up liking the wave a lot more than I thought (Black Widow wave, though Red Guardian sucks before, during and after reveal and purchase).

That said, Iron Man AI is bad and untimely: the definitive pegwarmer of this wave (why this thing, then another hologram Iron Man in the excellent & imminent Ursa BAF Wave to follow? Actually, you could do Stealth Hologram Iron Man. So exciting.) and Civil Warrior is...okayish. He really needs a bunch of accessories and swap heads to get over with me. Even the BAF is a bit too cartoonish. It looks like they've super-sized the Leprechaun on the Simpsons rather than taken the psycho mid-1980s Masters of Evil version. That dude nearly killed Hercules: this one would just make him chortle. 

So, yeah....Not loving this at all. Hope I'll be wrong, but this lot....? Its a big ask when the comic characters are just blah. And the BAF is blah-ha-ha.

23 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

"...Even the BAF is a bit too cartoonish. It looks like they've super-sized the Leprechaun on the Simpsons rather than taken the psycho mid-1980s Masters of Evil version....So, yeah....Not loving this at all. Hope I'll be wrong, but this lot....? Its a big ask when the comic characters are just blah. And the BAF is blah-ha-ha..."

Couldn't agree more. Mr. Hyde has never been high on my list for a figure, but if you're gonna do him, do him right. A recurring theme on this forum. 

At the same time, despite what a few here are saying about Hyde being a one-and-done, I do believe Hasbro is gonna give us the classic version before long. Maybe not as a deluxe release (then again if they load it up with effects, smashed furniture/debris, etc) but a two-pack or as another BAF.