Jump to content

New Disney+ What If Promotional Image Might Give Clues For The Second Disney+ Themed Marvel Legends Wave -Minor Spoilers-


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Images for what appears to be some kind of portrait featuring promotional artwork for the upcoming Disney+ MCU animated series has hit the internet. Since it looks pretty dead-on to what we've seen in the trailer I am going to assume this is legit though I don't know where it was found or who took the image. It may have been found somewhere overseas.

We previously told you how the second wave of Disney+ Marvel Legends figures coming later this year should contain at least 6 figures based on the new animated show. We know one of the 7 regular figures in the wave will be based on Loki and we have no indication on what show the Build-A-Figure from this wave will be based on.

Disney+ Wave 2 – August 2021
F0167 – Assortment UPC: 5010993791385
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)
• F0329 – “What If?” Figure 8 – 501099379724
• F0330 – “What If?” Figure 9 – 501099379729
• F0331 – “What If?” Figure 10 – 501099379727
• F0332 – “What If?” Figure 11 – 501099379725
• F0333 – “What If?” Figure 12 – 501099379726
• F0334 – “What If?” Figure 13 – 501099379728
• F1097 – “Loki” Figure 14 – 501099379723

 

What-If__scaled_600.jpg



In the promotional artwork we see Peggy Carter as Captain UK. That's what I am calling her for now, but don't know what her official designation here is gong to be. Based on the trailers it looks like one of the stories will show us What If Peggy had gotten the Super Soldier Surem during WWII instead of Steve Rogers. I would say the chances of this one making the wave are very high.

We see T'Challa as Star-Lord. Again from the trailer it looks like when Yondu comes to Earth to collect Peter Quill as a kid, he instead takes T'Challa who then becomes Star-Lord and likely leads the Guardians of the Galaxy. Since Killmoger is featured in the artwork, my guess with T'Challa's absence from Earth he ends up becoming Black Panther. I would say at least T'Challa as Star-Lord has a good chance of getting a figure in this wave.

Dr. Strange, Gamora, Thor and the one who I believe is Black Widow in the bottom left corner all look pretty much like they have in the MCU, so I don't know if any of them would be up for figures in this wave. Black Widow is looking pretty buff, so I don't know if that means perhaps she gets some Super Soldier Serum as well or what. I suppose this could be a good opportunity to give us an updated Thor 1 movie figure, which is what the design seen here seems to be based on.

Finally we have The Watcher, who is a cosmic being tasked with observing events as they play out in the Multiverse. Could he be the Build-A-Figure for the wave?

In the trailer we also saw some kind of Zombie Captain America which I think has a good shot at getting the figure treatment in this wave.
 

What-If-Marvel-Legends-02__scaled_600.jpg



As previously reported, there is also a new Mega Deluxe $50 Marvel Legends figure coming from Hasbro this year based on the What If animated series.
 

What-if-clips1__scaled_600.jpg



Marvel Legends Deluxe figure #f2992 - $50



While not shown in this new promotional artwork, I have a feeling that one will be based on the Iron Man Mark I suit being used by a non-super soldier Steve Rogers, again something seen in the trailer for the show. I have also seen indications there will be a LEGO set released based on this one.

Other than having a very solid indication that "What If" themed Marvel Legends are coming this year, I don't have any solid info at this time on what exact figures we will see, so this is all primarily just speculation based on things seen in the trailer and now this new promotional artwork. Only time will tell what actual figures we will get. The What If series is said to air on Disney+ sometime this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It still seems weird to me that they're going "all in" for Marvel Legends with an unproven concept like this, though it has the potential for some fun figures. Uatu, even if his head looks a bit undersized here, would be a cool BAF. Still, I hope we get some more WandaVision figures sooner than later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

It still seems weird to me that they're going "all in" for Marvel Legends with an unproven concept like this, though it has the potential for some fun figures. Uatu, even if his head looks a bit undersized here, would be a cool BAF. Still, I hope we get some more WandaVision figures sooner than later.

Keep in mind when the figures from both waves were being planned out all these Disney+ shows were unproven, and I imagine the designs from this animated series were probably more appealing from a toy/retail perspective than say WandaVision and the black and white sitcom angle that show was pushing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope Captain Peggy makes the cut, cause that would be my big want. I'd be willing to bet money T'Challa/Star-Lord gets the treatment. It's Black Panther, it's Guardians of the Galaxy, talk about a no-brainer.

I'd give a couple extra likelihood points to the WWII Iron Man as well. From what little we see, looks like it wouldn't be hard at all to dress up the same tool as a Mark 1 suit sometime down the line. That alone would make it attractive to the bean-counters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mako said:

I hope Captain Peggy makes the cut, cause that would be my big want. I'd be willing to bet money T'Challa/Star-Lord gets the treatment. It's Black Panther, it's Guardians of the Galaxy, talk about a no-brainer.

I'd give a couple extra likelihood points to the WWII Iron Man as well. From what little we see, looks like it wouldn't be hard at all to dress up the same tool as a Mark 1 suit sometime down the line. That alone would make it attractive to the bean-counters.

Given that she's been the most promote characters so far, it would be insane for Captain Peggy not to have a figure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Peggy Carter as Captain Britain is going to blow up. This is the next Spider-Gwen. People love the character as portrayed by Atwell. The MCU figure she got a couple years ago was highly sought after, and now you give her super-powers and pretty great costume design? I have a feeling this version of the character won't be limited to the WHAT IF...? series. She will transition to the comics with a year or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I think Peggy Carter as Captain Britain is going to blow up. This is the next Spider-Gwen. People love the character as portrayed by Atwell. The MCU figure she got a couple years ago was highly sought after, and now you give her super-powers and pretty great costume design? I have a feeling this version of the character won't be limited to the WHAT IF...? series. She will transition to the comics with a year or two.

she is already in the comics. Was even on the latest Exiles team. This really is just an mcu spin on this - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Margaret_Carter_(Earth-86315)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm all for this wave, the whole Idea of it just seems like great opportunity for fun new stuff, Peggy as Cap is so damn good looking, I am really hoping that she is indeed in this wave, Uatu as a BAF sounds really great, I can only imagine really cool figures coming out of this wave, I'm really excited to see what ends up happening, I'm also very excited about the show, it has equal potential to be just good fun.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

It still seems weird to me that they're going "all in" for Marvel Legends with an unproven concept like this, though it has the potential for some fun figures. Uatu, even if his head looks a bit undersized here, would be a cool BAF. Still, I hope we get some more WandaVision figures sooner than later.

I'm hoping that if the Watcher is done, either as a BAF or some other format, he looks like the way Byrne depicted him (Kirby's work of his very first appearance is similar), not from the artwork above. I like him as alien as he can be, not like a pudgy human. 

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Given that she's been the most promote characters so far, it would be insane for Captain Peggy not to have a figure

Hayley Atwell definitely has a figure. Steve wasn't no fool when he went back in time for her. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So this is apparently the Disney+ wave 2 "What If" wave , listing leaked (or more info at least)

• F0329 – “What If?” Star Lord - Figure 8 – 501099379724 (probably T'challa Star Lord)
• F0330 – “What If?” Captain America - Figure 9 – 501099379729 (Zombie Cap or Peggy as Cap Britain but seems less likely because shes cap britain no cap america)
• F0331 – “What If?” Queen - Figure 10 – 501099379727 (who knows right now)
• F0332 – “What If?” SPD - Figure 11 – 501099379725 (a spider man?)
• F0333 – “What If?” Dr. Strange - Figure 12 – 501099379726 (dr. strange.. from the trailer..likely quite comic)
• F0334 – “What If?” Nebula - Figure 13 – 501099379728 (well nebula)
• F1097 – “Loki” Figure 14 – 501099379723 - Still Unknown but not a What if figure, a figure from Loki show

BAF Unknown

sorry if this was already posted didn't think it was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So this is apparently the Disney+ wave 2 "What If" wave , listing leaked (or more info at least)

• F0329 – “What If?” Star Lord - Figure 8 – 501099379724 (probably T'challa Star Lord)
• F0330 – “What If?” Captain America - Figure 9 – 501099379729 (Zombie Cap or Peggy as Cap Britain but seems less likely because shes cap britain no cap america)
• F0331 – “What If?” Queen - Figure 10 – 501099379727 (who knows right now)
• F0332 – “What If?” SPD - Figure 11 – 501099379725 (a spider man?)
• F0333 – “What If?” Dr. Strange - Figure 12 – 501099379726 (dr. strange.. from the trailer..likely quite comic)
• F0334 – “What If?” Nebula - Figure 13 – 501099379728 (well nebula)
• F1097 – “Loki” Figure 14 – 501099379723 - Still Unknown but not a What if figure, a figure from Loki show

BAF Unknown

sorry if this was already posted didn't think it was

So there won't be a Cap Britain figure? Or is she the BAF? I think it's really weird not to include her, we've seen her a lot in the trailer and that figure has potential. To me at least she's the star of the show, from what we've seen.

Also, I'd like the Loki show based figure to be, well, Loki, cause that first one was really not that interesting and I think we need a proper Loki figure. Plus, he'll have many different looks in the show, so they got options

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnF said:

So there won't be a Cap Britain figure? Or is she the BAF? I think it's really weird not to include her, we've seen her a lot in the trailer and that figure has potential. To me at least she's the star of the show, from what we've seen.

Also, I'd like the Loki show based figure to be, well, Loki, cause that first one was really not that interesting and I think we need a proper Loki figure. Plus, he'll have many different looks in the show, so they got options

 

Pretty good chance she's either "Queen" or yes they called her Captain America in the listing despite being Captain Britain.  Either way I'm pretty sure we'll get her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Was hoping to hear more about this by now. Same for Excalibur...although we did at least get a glimpse of Meggan's hair during last week's fan fest video.

Given that it isn't out until August, they are going to hold off on reveals to avoid spoilers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE