Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Iron Monger, AoA Wave 2 and Fantastic Four Retro Figure Listings?!?

JayC

50 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I can picture what Kitty looked like but I can't remember what she did in AOA, exactly. I guess since she was drawn by Chris Bachalo, she was part of Generation NEXT? She looked kinda lame in AOA, tbh. She was practically the precursor to X-23 with her claws. I wish they had gone for a different character for this wave.

That said, AOA ROGUE!

She really didn't do a whole heckuvalot.  Yeah, she was in Generation Next; she and Colossus were mentoring the kids.  She basically wore claws and yelled at the kids about how serious and dangerous everything was.

And nobody looks lame when Bachalo draws them!

Guess my custom AoA Magneto I've been working on just got thrown out the window! 😂

Excited for the Rogue and Sabertooth. Just trying to build an X-Men Prime cover display to mirror my Jim Lee X-Men #1 cover display.

Curious to see what comes with Iceman, doubt a cool ice slide. But it would be freaking hilarious, but then would piss me off, if the BAF was a giant ice slide!

41 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

Here you go, kitty in Generation next

File_006 - Copy.jpeg

Yeah I always thought this was Kitty's best look out of her career.

Ah Gen Next #1, I remember buying this the day it came out, standing outside the comic store waiting for it to open, not many comics I've done that for. Still remains one of the few comics that I never sold during my purge years.

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I always thought this was Kitty's best look out of her career.

Ah Gen Next #1, I remember buying this the day it came out, standing outside the comic store waiting for it to open, not many comics I've done that for. Still remains one of the few comics that I never sold during my purge years.

I wish they would have done an "Artist Series" with these, cause, in my opinion at least, Joe Mad, Chris Bachalo and Adam Kubert's art are synonymous with the AoA

This version of the FF or bust! "In scale" Thing with alternate yelling "its clobberin time" head sculpt. Full flamed on same color Torch with the lines, sue with that hairstyle. No more stretchy fingers on Reed, how bout stretched torso accessory along with stretching arms & make one with a fist, especially since there is no BAF in this retro wave. Classic Wizard & Trapster would be great to finally have in 6' scale.

FF.thumb.jpg.724c2e229e6b2b8d3f8bb6e4398d6253.jpg

For the retro F4 stuff, maybe Puppet Master for the P? He was in the original issue #8. For H, all I could come up with was Hate Monger from issue 21 but there's no way Hasbro could/would/should make that figure, even if it was called something else....

3593361-ff%20008_cd_bp_hk.jpg6252-2045-6826-1-fantastic-four.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the Age of Apocalypse line-up. Shadowcat and Colossus were my main wants, and I'm pretty surprised to see Kitty made the list. Her appearance makes Colossus being the BAF almost a foregone conclusion. My next two biggest wants were Cyclops and Havok, but Alex was always a longshot. There was no doubt that Magneto, Rogue, and Sabretooth were gonna be in the wave, but I'm happy to have them. Iceman and Nightcrawler would have rounded out my most wanted, so solid choices all around. Legion is actually a major want for me too, but I'm a little annoyed to find him here, taking the place of an Age of Apocalypse character that's not likely to see release elsewhere. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

2 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I wish they would have done an "Artist Series" with these, cause, in my opinion at least, Joe Mad, Chris Bachalo and Adam Kubert's art are synonymous with the AoA

I agree, and I'm not one for the whole idea of an artist series, but Joe Mad and Bachalo really made AOA special, probably one of the reasons why I was so in on it, I bought probably ever 1st issue of all the AOA spin off books , Bachalo is one of my fav comic artists, his work on Generation X was something to behold IMO, I'm with the Gen X being one of my favorite series, not many artists really have that magic that his art gave those books, Joe Mad up there as well..and Mark Bagley and Larsen on Spider-Man of also was one of my favorite things, those are the looks I like to see those characters drawn, I guess it's obvious I loved 90's comic art.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

look at how kitty was designed in AOA. That's your wolverine.

LOL I was being facetious seeing as how I mentioned Kitty and her claws in a previous post. But I'm really hoping Hasbro can see that they don't need a Wolverine in every single wave. I actually like Wolverine as much as the next guy but the stores in my city are littered with Weapon X Wolverine, Cowboy Wolverine and X-Force Wolverine all at "clearance" prices.

Surely they're going to run out of Wolverine looks soon enough. Besides there's also Storm who has just as many looks as dear old Logan.

6 hours ago, tarot said:

I don't know why people think Hox is an alternate universe. Yes they have alternate universe in the storyline but with the exception of Omega, It's the Prime universe.

Ahhh, ok- I had heard it was an "alternate universe" storyline, but I guess that must have been an over-symplification- I am not up on recent comic books. Still, it's a whole wave from one modern storyline, when there are so many main-universe figures from the previous 50+ years to be made, which seems like an odd choice. 

I wonder if we'll get any more "Fan Channel" F4 figures when the retro wave is released? I agree that Super Skrull would be a decent candidate; other figures that could mainly use existing tooling would be be a classic Blastaar, Terrax (with a big ol' rock to stand on), and a classic Namor. In the regular wave, it'd be nice if we got one never-made villain, and a new Inhuman, or a second villain. I would LOVE an all-new Annihilus, as a deluxe release, but I'm not counting on it happening soon. 

The retro-carded figures, lately, seem to come with more parts and accessories; it's be really awesome if The Thing came with an interchangeable helmeted head.

49 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Surely they're going to run out of Wolverine looks soon enough.

Yeah, it seems like they're finally rationing Wolverine looks a bit, after a solid two or three years of going at them hard. The only ones of note that I'd expect them to definitely still do are Astonishing, Fang, no nose, Team X, training uniform, and tuxedo Patch. They could probably drag those out over a decade if they stuck to one per year and peppered them with worse and/or less memorable costumes, like the armoured look from shortly before his death, his red and black look upon his return, his horseman look, some random gi, etc.

13 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Still, it's a whole wave from one modern storyline, when there are so many main-universe figures from the previous 50+ years to be made, which seems like an odd choice.

I'm with you that I'd much rather be seeing healthy mixes of eras (need more Outback), especially since the highly focused waves were all clustered together so closely, but it really did make sense to do this particular wave. This storyline was redefining for the X-Men on a level with Grant Morrison or X-Men #1's reboots, and generated enough buzz to get a huge segment of new and former comic readers excited about reading X-Men. It was smart for them to strike while the iron was hot. It's just a bummer it meant sandwiching it between two niche alternate universe waves, leading to a two-year drought of "standard" X-Men releases. Don't get me wrong, I love Age of Apocalypse, and am excited to see so many of these figures spring into existence. If the 25-year anniversary of the story was the way to make it happen, so be it, and if the existence of the first wave sort of forced the existence of the second, I can live with that too. The timing when all taken together was just a little awkward. Armoured Psylocke, Spiral, and Destiny have to be in the pipeline somewhere...