Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Iron Monger, AoA Wave 2 and Fantastic Four Retro Figure Listings?!?

JayC

There's an interview on youtube done post-Fan Fest by MCUCollector where the team explain that it wasn't planned to do these dedicated X-Waves. Like you said it just so happened that it was the anniversary of AOA, and that the HasLab Sentinel was HOX-inspired so it was a no-brainer to do a HOX wave this year. I guess Wave 1 of AOA did well enough that it made sense to do Wave 2. I'm not complaining (mostly...hehe) especially since it looks like I'm finally getting my AOA Rogue.

Dwight does say outright that the next X-Wave won't be themed. I assume he meant after Wave 2 of AOA comes out.

6 hours ago, Hogun said:

I know she is a recent character and not "vintage", but who would want one of the FF figures to be Sky? Also, if they re-release The Thing. They had better include extra hands from the Walgreens exclusive.

I'd take Sky, but she'd probably be in a non retro F4 wave

A $70 Iron Monger? That better be like a mini Hot Toy lol. There’s gotta be at least one other figure in that set right? I’m still hoping for a MK 2, that should be easy enough to repaint from the rumored MK 3. I’m also SUPER happy we’re getting another Endgame set, its desperately needed. Endgame Rocket, Captain Marvel and/or Nebula better be included there.

I'd imagine the two remaining retro FF characters will be from the 90's Toy Biz line.  Psycho Man seems like a good guess.  And Firelord did get released in that line (along with Terrax and the Surfer as Heralds go).

Almost makes me wonder if they might pull a cue from the mainline and release two "Heralds of Galactus" in the wave the way they've done "double duty" boxes in the main line.

It would be nice to get The Wizard but if the letters are accurate probably not this go round.

8 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm with you that I'd much rather be seeing healthy mixes of eras (need more Outback), especially since the highly focused waves were all clustered together so closely, but it really did make sense to do this particular wave. This storyline was redefining for the X-Men on a level with Grant Morrison or X-Men #1's reboots, and generated enough buzz to get a huge segment of new and former comic readers excited about reading X-Men. It was smart for them to strike while the iron was hot. It's just a bummer it meant sandwiching it between two niche alternate universe waves, leading to a two-year drought of "standard" X-Men releases.

So, it sounds like I should read "House of X." 

I'm happy to get the AOA figures, I'd just rather have them be, say, 2 per wave, mixed with other figures. I will still buy them, but I'd rather they didn't delay us getting characters like Deathbird, Marrow, Avalanche, 80s Rogue, original costume Sabertooth, Starjammers, much-needed updates of Toad and Banshee, etc.. Granted, with Lady Deathstrike in the "Bad Guys" wave, it seems like they might be more open to peppering X-related characters in to some other waves.

With the FF Retro wave, I wouldn't count on the two unidentified figures being ones Toy Biz released in the original FF line- All of the retro waves, so far, have included figures that Toy Biz did not release in those toy lines- Gwen Stacy, armored Daredevil, Dazzler, Wasp, etc.. I'm not saying they definitely WON'T be characters from the 90s line, but they might not be. Whether in this wave or not, I bet we'll get several heralds of Galactus if he is the HasLab project- they would fit in "cosmic" waves besides FF waves.

7 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

So, it sounds like I should read "House of X." 

I'm happy to get the AOA figures, I'd just rather have them be, say, 2 per wave, mixed with other figures. I will still buy them, but I'd rather they didn't delay us getting characters like Deathbird, Marrow, Avalanche, 80s Rogue, original costume Sabertooth, Starjammers, much-needed updates of Toad and Banshee, etc.. Granted, with Lady Deathstrike in the "Bad Guys" wave, it seems like they might be more open to peppering X-related characters in to some other waves.

Yeah, I agree with all that! However, as excited as I am for Lady Deathstrike, I'm not thrilled with X-characters getting peppered into non-X waves, becausd it could lead to an X-Men BAF in a wave full of characters I don't care about. Imagine if Xemnu had been Blob, for instance. I'd prefer Age of Apocalypse characters make their way into standard waves, but I've heard similar complaints from X-Men fans who don't care about that story and don't want to have to buy Age of Apocalypse Storm or Nightcrawler just to get their Mojo or Ch'od.

7 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, I agree with all that! However, as excited as I am for Lady Deathstrike, I'm not thrilled with X-characters getting peppered into non-X waves, becausd it could lead to an X-Men BAF in a wave full of characters I don't care about. Imagine if Xemnu had been Blob, for instance. I'd prefer Age of Apocalypse characters make their way into standard waves, but I've heard similar complaints from X-Men fans who don't care about that story and don't want to have to buy Age of Apocalypse Storm or Nightcrawler just to get their Mojo or Ch'od.

Yeah, I could see where that might be frustrating for people who only collect X-Men-related figures- I definitely think X-Men related BAFs should be reserved for X-Men waves. I think people often have to buy a figure or two they are less keen on to complete a BAF, which I guess means that, profit/sales wise, Hasbro's strategy is working.

9 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm with you that I'd much rather be seeing healthy mixes of eras (need more Outback), especially since the highly focused waves were all clustered together so closely, but it really did make sense to do this particular wave. This storyline was redefining for the X-Men on a level with Grant Morrison or X-Men #1's reboots, and generated enough buzz to get a huge segment of new and former comic readers excited about reading X-Men.

I'm always interested in what other fans think of the various X-men runs. I also thought the Grant Morrison run was remembered fondly by fans and had really iconic (if weak) looks. That said, you didn't mention Wolverine's New X-men look when you named off remaining figures yet to be produced?

21 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

With the FF Retro wave, I wouldn't count on the two unidentified figures being ones Toy Biz released in the original FF line- All of the retro waves, so far, have included figures that Toy Biz did not release in those toy lines- Gwen Stacy, armored Daredevil, Dazzler, Wasp, etc.. 

The Retro line has definitely opened up the eligibility from the very narrow prerequisities of the first wave where it was all repaints. The talk after wave 1 was "they would never do this figure because it doesn't fit that mo(u)ld."

Since then we've gotten new molds (Silver Samurai), deluxe figures (Kingpin), soft goods (Doom) and brand new characters (Gwen Stacy).

18 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm always interested in what other fans think of the various X-men runs. I also thought the Grant Morrison run was remembered fondly by fans and had really iconic (if weak) looks. That said, you didn't mention Wolverine's New X-men look when you named off remaining figures yet to be produced?

I, uh, must have accidentally omitted him. 🙂

I thought New X-Men was incredible, but that was despite the art and costumes, which were mostly hideous.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I hope that we'll see the FF Retro-carded figures are not limited to the six we've heard about. Remember, the retro-carded Spider-Man series began as a wave of six, and then within a couple of months we got five or six more as single release exclusives. 

Well there is Doom already, so we will see more after the wave is released.

19 hours ago, tarot said:

Guy. If there is one character that is NEVER going to be made it's Hate-monger. He is literally the soul of Hitler.

But Psycho-man would make a great figure. as for the H? She-Hulk maybe? Hellstorm?

If you are referring to me in this response, It was a joke. If they change Holocausts name to Nemesis, they sure as hell wouldnt be making 'Hate-monger' in this world a thing. Honestly I dont know alot of FF rogues gallery but I do have a bunch of favorites. I just went and looked up Hs and Ps for their villains and those stood out to me as absurd. 

I'm excited about the AoA wave 2. I hope this one can sell well enough to pressure them to attempt a third. Magneto and Rogue are perfect. Iceman actually appeared in issue 4 of Astonishing X-Men so we can complete the last page. Cyclops will go great with Weapon X and Jean. Hopefully Shadowcat looks as cool as possible; pretty much guarantees Colossus. Legion is the only one that belongs in a different wave. How is he going to look? In the run up to AoA he was in a hospital gown or something. Very excited. Hopefully they pack in a new head for Blink.

e37a6d982c3f0c231a2596dfd0699b05.jpg

17 hours ago, cajun2de said:

Hopefully the BaF for AoA Wave 2 is Colossus

Then they can close out the line with wave 3 of remaining key characters and trickle in the rest in normal main universe waves.

AoA Wave 3 with either of these

• BaF Holocust
  • Gambit
  • Jubilee
  • Quicksilver
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler
  • Banshee
  • Dazzler

Hopefully down the line they do make a 3rd wave, I kind of want the BAF for wave 2 to be Holocaust/Nemesis just so Kitty is kind of a Wildchild figure that sort of indicates that there will be another wave eventually with colossus to go along with her.

I love all your choises but I also kind of want more villains like Mr. Sinister and Havok

On 4/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, JayC said:

Infinity Saga line
Set 1 - IM1 - Mark III - F0184
Set 2 - Unknown (likely store exclusive)
Set 3 - AVN2 - Age Of Ultron Quicksilver - F0186
Set 4 - THR1 - Odin - F0187
Set 5 - AVN4 - Endgame Fat Warrior Thor - F0188
Set 6 - IM1 - Iron Monger - F0218 - $69.99
Set 7 - THR3 - F0189 - $49.99
Set 8 - AV4 (likely store exclusive)
Set 9 - IM3 (likely Amazon exclusive)
Set 10 - AVN4 - Endgame Iron Man Mk.85 and Thanos - F0192 - $59.99

Second wave of Age Of Apocalypse 
Unknown (BaF)
• F1006 – AoA Magneto – 5010993839636
• F1007 – AoA Cyclops – 5010993839605
• F1008 – AoA Sabertooth – 5010993839599
• F1009 – AoA Rogue – 5010993839582
• F1010 – AoA Kitty Pryde – 5010993839629
• F1011 – AoA Ice Man – 5010993839612
• F1091 – AoA Legion – 5010993839643

Fantastic Four Retro wave
Retro Carded – No BaF
• F3018 – Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) – 5010993842605
• F0350 – Sue Storm (Invisible Woman) – 5010993842551
• F0351 – Johnny Storm (Human Torch) – 5010993842544
• F0352 – Ben Grimm (The Thing) – 5010993842520
• F0353 – Hxxxxxxxxx – 5010993842537
• F0354 – Pxxxxxxxxx – 5010993842599

So for the Infinity Saga Line my predictions are these:
Set 2: Who knows?, could be anyone.
Set 6: Ironmonger - For the pricepoint Im really thinking the Ironmonger figure wont come alone, Itll come with either an Ironman figure (though if we're already getting a mk3 and we got a mk1 and tony in the 10th anniversary line, I dont know which one they could include, maybe a Mk2) Though my prediction is itll come with a Obadiah Stane figure (though it would also be cool if it came with a opening cannopy with a molded in Stane upper body (specially if you could take off the head and use it on another suited body)
Set 7: Its been reported that itll be surtur (im guessing similar in size to the giantman mcu baf)
Set 8: Im thinking it could either be a Hulk and Thor in the quantum suit to complete the group, or most likely a Captain Marvel in her outfit from Endgame
Set 9: Could be any numer of Armors, either a 2 pack of armors like the two pack of the disco armor and the other hot rod one or any of the armors and a Killian figure.

For AOA: I kind of wish the list ist completely true cause I dont really need another Iceman figure (Im using my Juggernaut wave Iceman for my AOA display, I know he's a little different but he's close enough for me), and Kitty meand we'll get Juggernaut BAF likely (unless they're doing what they did with wild child packing her alone to keep intrest open for another wave down the line where we'll get Colossus), Legion I like but he could have been made in another wave like and X-Force wave I would have rather had more of the characters from the actual AOA. Id still like to see Storm, Gambit, Mr. Sinister, Havok and a lot of others from AOA.

For F4: Its almost certain theyll be a re-release of the walgreens figures just in their blue and white costumes, I do kind of wish Human torch is made in the Translucent Sunfire Mold (like they did for him in the skrull wave) and I really want him to be decoed like the Toybiz figure (with the black lines all over the body and not the f4 costume kind of peeking out of the translucent body), as for the other two, I'd really want both to be villains, Im down with the idea of Psycho-Man and a Herald of Galactus (I want firelord)