Idea: Doctor Strange Deluxe

Dabboi

I've had this idea for awhile, figured that I'd share it.

What if Hasbro released a classic Doctor Strange as a deluxe figure, but with the hook that he would come with a cloth cape with a posing wire? I feel that Strange's cape needs to be unique from all other figures.

If NECA can include posing wires and charge $29.99 for a more detailed sculpt, then Hasbro can do the same for a less detailed one.

Obviously he could also come with some alternate hands and magic effects and maybe an alternate head

What are your thoughts on this idea?

open-uri20150422-12561-eg1wqu_2d78399a.jpeg

It depends if Hasbro could execute the cape well. I would say a deluxe, with the fancy cape, a couple of sets of interchangeable hands, interchangeable head with closed eyes, some spell effects, and one of those clear display stands like the one from the deluxe movie Black Widow would be awesome. 

I’m in.. I’d be up for a new Dr Strange in modern articulation for sure.

the soft goods.. I’m not sure. Traditionally I’m not a fan.

since Mattel did their Justice League figures so terribly I went with Mafex. These are awesome figures but the soft good capes.. kinda bring them down a bit for me. Especially since for some reason Batman’s didn’t have the wire. 

I have also begrudgedly purchased a few of NECA’S Ultimate versions of Pinhead and the (don’t call me Scream) Ghostface. For these two especially it makes sense for soft goods as otherwise they’d be immobile hunks of plastic. 

So I guess.. if we’ll done and durable then it could be awesome. 

-Soft goods cape, with or without posing wire, is a good idea for Dr. Strange, especially if we're talking "deluxe". He needs his iconic Cloak of Levitation, but he has to be able to wear it without it interfering with his arm articulation; soft goods allows for that. They could also use a softer plastic for the ornate collar piece, and let the rest be fabric. 

-He should come with classic Eye of Agamotto, with articulated eyelid movement

-Brand new  mystic special effects

-Crystal globe stand, netherworld book and candles with floor stands

On 4/13/2021 at 2:38 AM, Dabboi said:

I've had this idea for awhile, figured that I'd share it.

What if Hasbro released a classic Doctor Strange as a deluxe figure, but with the hook that he would come with a cloth cape with a posing wire? I feel that Strange's cape needs to be unique from all other figures.

If NECA can include posing wires and charge $29.99 for a more detailed sculpt, then Hasbro can do the same for a less detailed one.

Obviously he could also come with some alternate hands and magic effects and maybe an alternate head

What are your thoughts on this idea?

open-uri20150422-12561-eg1wqu_2d78399a.jpeg

Im down for this, but would Hasbro really give us a cloth goods cape that is actually decent and one that has bendy wire, idk. 

I honestly don't care at this point how we get a Classic Dr. Strange, I just want one, I don't care about all kinds of neato special accessories, or soft goods, but I'll take them if I have to, I just want that figure, I have been hoping for the day we saw it, a big glaring hole in my ML collection is Strange, I only have the MCU Astral version, because I didn't want a black costume version or a movie version (I settled for astral because it can work enough as comic, you can't tell the details), so I've been waiting. It was the same with Comic War machine, I was so desperate for it I didn't care if it was a deluxe despite me not wanting a deluxe.

Let's see - 2 heads, cloth cape with bendy wire, alternate hands, Eye of Agamotto, Book of Vishanti, and magical effects other than the current BS ones.

Now, I don't think they'd give us a bendy wire cape, but maybe a weighted cape. It definitely shouldn't be plastic. And we do need new magical effects. Honestly, I think a deluxe is the only way to do him properly.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, nieman257 said:

Now, I don't think they'd give us a bendy wire cape, but maybe a weighted cape.

They could just package him with two different capes. That's what they did with Storm for the Storm/Thunderbird 2-pack. She had one that hung down neutrally and one that billowed out for when she's flying. They could do the same for Strange's cape/cloak.