Marvel Legends Quasar Figure Goes Up For Pre-Order In Canada

JayC

The third cosmic themed Marvel Legends figure for 2021 which is Quasar has gone up for pre-order for those who live in Canada. There the figure is being sold as a EBGames exclusive. The product code is 758485 and the release date is listed as August 1, 2021. That release date is a bit later than originally expected. When Hasbro first announced the figure they said it would be out in late Spring.

For those in the United States, this figure will be sold as a Walgreens exclusive. At this time most of us in the US are still waiting for the release of the second Cosmic Themed exclusive figure in the line for 2021 which is the classic Richard Rider NOVA figure. That one already saw release in Canada at EBgames earlier this month. At this time there has been no indication of NOVA or Quasar being listed on the Walgreens website. The first Cosmic themed figure which was The Fallen Silver Surfer started hitting physical Walgreens stores before it was ever listed on their website, and then it was only on their briefly. That one also saw release at EBgames in Canada weeks before it started showing up in the US.

The Quasar Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro will feature a pair of flame effects and alternate hands.

UPDATE: Chris lets us know the figure is also available for pre-order on Amazon for those in Mexico.

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Quasar-01.jpg

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

So Quasar is the next Walgreens exclusive. I thought Nova was supposed to come first.

He is. Walgreens just doesn't seem to be in a big rush to make their exclusives available online or trackable via popfinder,brickseek, etc.  My guess is Nova will start showing up in stores soon. 

Overall WG seems to be giving up on legends, aside from the exclusives.  I think the Crimson Dynamo wave was the last one i remember seeing some figures for around the time the wave was released.  since then i only see the 1-2 figures of each new exclusive they get, plus whatever ancient inventory (including old exclusives) they can't sell.   I wonder if they will continue with the exclusives once the current cosmic set is done.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, Wpnx_0110 said:

Thanks!  Just placed my order!  And got it in right before going Out of stock!

Yup went to place my order OUT OF STOCK

I really hate exclusives, they just make the hoarders hoard and the scalpers scalp even worse then ever.

doesn't help we are in a lockdown I can't even call my local store to pre-order.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Overall WG seems to be giving up on legends, aside from the exclusives.  I think the Crimson Dynamo wave was the last one i remember seeing some figures for around the time the wave was released.  since then i only see the 1-2 figures of each new exclusive they get, plus whatever ancient inventory (including old exclusives) they can't sell.   I wonder if they will continue with the exclusives once the current cosmic set is done.

The last wave I saw at WG was the Venompool wave. Actually scored the impossible to find (who knew?) Phage figure there after searching the world over for it and almost turning back to the evil of Dorkside Toys to get one. Haven't seen much at WG since, unless you're looking for a buncha leftover Namor and Medusa figures.

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

He is. Walgreens just doesn't seem to be in a big rush to make their exclusives available online or trackable via popfinder,brickseek, etc.  My guess is Nova will start showing up in stores soon. 

Ok, so its not just my area. Every Walgreens I go to here now has almost no Marvel Legends stock at all. They used to at least have a ton of yellow Daredevil and the Netflix Marvel figures. The last wg exclusive I got was Moon Knight.  Silver Centurion never showed in this area, black chrome Surfer was never available on line nor did it ever show. I don't have much faith that either Nova or Quasar will appear. If only Hasbro would just stop this exclusive nonsense!! How is it getting worse instead of better??

I really want Quasar and Nova both! But Walgreens has to be the worst store for exclusives. I have 2 within a mile of me and neither ever seems to get any of these in. The one that is closest to my house has had the same 3 Marvel Legends figures for what seems like forever: MCU Wasp and Malekith from the Cull Obsidian wave and Spider-Woman from the Lizard wave.

On a somewhat related note, I remember at one point our local Walmart had like 20+ of that same MCU Wasp figures on clearance for $4.99 each. No other figures, just that one. Least popular figure ever?!? I know that was one the local Target had to clearance out as well - but I think it only got down to $11 there. 

• 7 months later...
We are getting reports of folks finally starting to find the Marvel Legends Quasar figure here in the US at Walgreens stores. Reports indicate it's started hitting stores in places like Massachusetts. The figure has been out in Canada and other places overseas for months now.

Still no sign of the figure on the Walgreens website, but being Walgreens just this week listed the Nova figure which is still available, hopefully it won't be to long before Quasar shows up online as well.

I like that they went with bold, vibrant colors for this figure instead of the muted red. Really digging the attention to detail on the quantum bands. They cheaped out (again) on the boots though and the special effects. Painting on boots like this just looks cheap, rushed, amateurish.

Actually, no, I won't say that 'cause thus far the amateur work shows far more care and craftmanship in this area. 

His headsculpt does indeed have a resemblance to 70s Robert Redford.  How I wish they had tried harder with the head for Captain Marvel. That one came out sloppy and disheveled; the Toybiz version was better and more accurate. 

On 11/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Atlantis said:

His headsculpt does indeed have a resemblance to 70s Robert Redford.  How I wish they had tried harder with the head for Captain Marvel. That one came out sloppy and disheveled; the Toybiz version was better and more accurate. 

Maybe they'll reissue Captain Marvel with a Paul Newman head sculpt.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, MonsterChris said:

Maybe they'll reissue Captain Marvel with a Paul Newman head sculpt.

Ha. Actually Mar-Vell had a very distinctive (Jim Starlin) hair style; Toybiz got it right, even the 4" Marvel Universe version was good. But this last one looks like a dude who has two different toupees slapped on his head. Also, the colors were way to drab and muted, and they didnt bother to give him his segmented boots...but they did do it for the walgreens Moon Knight.

I liked his suit from the first issue of his solo book but the suit represented in this Legend had become my favorite. Still is, his more recent suits are over-engineered and hard to look at.

As a character, Quasar was ok.. kinda always felt like Green Lantern lite. He had been portrayed as a rookie in his initial Avengers run which was fun but by the time he appeared in Operation Galactic Storm he was leading a contingent of Avengers to the Kree home world. Time flies in comics. Kinda. If the story needs it to.