Hasbro Marvel Brand Team Interviews Round-Up - Find Out What The Guys From Hasbro Have Been Saying About Marvel Legends Since Fan Fest

JayC

3 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

ML should make the thor spinning Mjolnir effect and some wovlerine slash effects would be cool.

Yes, those would be great accessories, especially the spinning Mjolnir.

3 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Maybe even a Zarathos, Zadkiel, and Vengence (redo the toybiz one), long shot but would be cool.

Thumbs up to all of these.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

The talk of an Avengers wave that isn't MCU definitely got my attention as well as the possibility of a SHIELD agent army builder. I would be all over that.

My first preference is still Skrulls, but if they offer SHIELD agents, I would jump on them. I'm still not sure why we haven't gotten a comic book Maria Hill figure with interchangeable heads for Melinda May and a helmeted/masked shock troop like they did with Nick Fury.

Definitely in the same camp as Boog and wanting the Hellfire Club Guard reissued. I completely missed out on getting at least one the first time and would like to get around six of them.

Officially replacing the Bucky Cap raises one question in my head. What mold will they use for future Cyclops figures? The Legends team stated before they liked the consistency of using the same mold for every Cyclops figure. They'll probably just use the new mold for him so I wonder how similar this new mold will be to the Bucky Cap.

9 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

My first preference is still Skrulls, but if they offer SHIELD agents, I would jump on them. I'm still not sure why we haven't gotten a comic book Maria Hill figure with interchangeable heads for Melinda May and a helmeted/masked shock troop like they did with Nick Fury.

I'm curious about that too. There is the Maria Hill that came in a 2 pack with Iron Man as a Toys R Us exclusive which is my current Sharon Carter (prefer her in regular SHIELD gear over her white outfit) but I really wish there was an updated female agent body for both those characters. Honestly that's my primary reason for wanting one is to try those heads so that a better figure might be possible as it really shows it's age now. That and since I have Fury and Dum Dum it'd be nice to have some agents with them on the shelf.

9 hours ago, Benn said:

They've done several runs of the Hellfire Club Guard already. I'd be surprised if it didn't come back. I got a set of them with the first wave, but one showed up damaged. They replaced it out of the second wave, and then also took preorders for a third already.

I hope so. I wonder if the last round of preorders got cancelled because the Hellfire Club box set got pushed back from March to now Mayish. It would make sense the Guards would be sold again once collectors have gotten their hands on the box set.

19 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Desired accessories:

• Web-lines, web-sprays, various web-effects for the Spider-Man and related characters.
  • Articulated or bendy-wire tentacle arms for the comic Doctor Octopus
  • New flame effects/projectiles for Human Torch, Pyro, and other flame-based characters; new ice effects for Iceman; new magic or ethereal effects for Mysterio and Doctor Strange
  • BAMF-ing teleport effect for Nightcrawler
    • also: classic Nightcrawler head; his hair isn't spiky!
  • Yeah, some guns and stuff
  • New drawn bow and arrow for Hawkeye
  • New Quicksilver head with hair whisps
  • Extended bendy-wire legs and torso for Walgreens Mr. Fantastic
  • Miniature Ant-Man in different poses; miniature Wasp in different costumes

Accessory packs are a cool idea and I think there's a good chance they'll do SOMETHING along those lines in the next few years (even if just as a Hasbro Pulse test run).  Basically I would not be at all surprised to see something along the lines of the Transformers exclusives they've had:  A figure (probably a troop builder) packed with a TON of accessories that aren't necessarily related to that figure.

Accessory packs have some challenges though.  All of your ideas are fine, but not every Marvel Legends collector is a completist.  So now you have to consider how you market them.  A "Catch all" that's got a little bit of everything risks turning off those that only collect particular segments.  Do you mix comic-based and MCU-based accessories in the same pack(s) (and sure, there are plenty that could be both, like Spidey Web FX and such)?  Not saying it's insurmountable at all, but it's not simply as easy as "put out a big box of stuff!"

I suspect the first thing we're likely to get is an "FX Box" that's got all kinds of energy-blasty things (both old and some new) and probably the same stand that came with the White Widow.    Basically something pretty generic that can work with a lot of characters.  After that maybe a weapons pack with a giant pile of nerf guns (and maybe a few realistic ones) complete with "pew pew" and smoking barrel FX and the like.  And after that you start getting into "team oriented" packs that have say, one set that's a bunch of Web FX and stuff that works specifically with certain Spider-Villains (and maybe some appropriate alt-heads for a couple characters), and another that's got optic blasts and slashy-claws and TP/TK FX for the X-Men, etc...

But who knows?  Like I said, I'm pretty sure we'll see them attempt SOMETHING in the next couple or few years, though whether it ends up being something that basically disappoints everyone or that is wildly successful remains to be seen.

EDIT:  I wonder how feasible it would be to pack in some of the "Civilian" figures that were discussed briefly at Fan Fest with a bunch of accessories.  For example Jarvis with an "Avengers Accessory Pack" and maybe Aunt May with a Spider-Man Pack, or Alicia Masters with an FF pack, etc....?

4 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm curious about that too. There is the Maria Hill that came in a 2 pack with Iron Man as a Toys R Us exclusive which is my current Sharon Carter (prefer her in regular SHIELD gear over her white outfit) but I really wish there was an updated female agent body for both those characters. Honestly that's my primary reason for wanting one is to try those heads so that a better figure might be possible as it really shows it's age now. That and since I have Fury and Dum Dum it'd be nice to have some agents with them on the shelf.

Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine is another possibility for a female SHIELD agent. Gee, I wonder what made me think of her today? 🤔

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

I wonder how feasible it would be to pack in some of the "Civilian" figures that were discussed briefly at Fan Fest with a bunch of accessories.  For example Jarvis with an "Avengers Accessory Pack" and maybe Aunt May with a Spider-Man Pack, or Alicia Masters with an FF pack, etc....?

Oooh, I like that idea a lot.

Jarvis - packed with a feather duster, as well as a miniature Wasp in one of her crazier outfits, a drawn bow and arrow for Hawkeye, an interchangeable "crying" head for Vision... 😉

They could pack a bunch of mutant or X-Men effects with a Bronze Age Professor X. Just repaint the Riders-series one but put him in a conventional wheelchair like the movie verse Xavier from Logan

21 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Desired accessories:

• Web-lines, web-sprays, various web-effects for the Spider-Man and related characters.
  • Articulated or bendy-wire tentacle arms for the comic Doctor Octopus
  • New flame effects/projectiles for Human Torch, Pyro, and other flame-based characters; new ice effects for Iceman; new magic or ethereal effects for Mysterio and Doctor Strange
  • BAMF-ing teleport effect for Nightcrawler
    • also: classic Nightcrawler head; his hair isn't spiky!
  • Yeah, some guns and stuff
  • New drawn bow and arrow for Hawkeye
  • New Quicksilver head with hair whisps
  • Extended bendy-wire legs and torso for Walgreens Mr. Fantastic
  • Miniature Ant-Man in different poses; miniature Wasp in different costumes

They would probably avoid making accessories for specific characters and try to keep them as board as possible. So effects and weapons, yes, Alt heads and limbs for specific characters, no.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

They would probably avoid making accessories for specific characters and try to keep them as board as possible. So effects and weapons, yes, Alt heads and limbs for specific characters, no.

I think it would make sense to do character accessory packs based on specific yet broad categories. Examples:

Infinity war pack with accurate cap head and shields, iron man alt weapons and parts, thanos bare left arm, alt Thanos hands, alt CoT hands (proxima needs to hold both weapons), alternate cull obsidian weapon, metal hand, and right fist. Accurate head and gun for winter soldier

House of X accessory pack with stuff from the Hox/PoX run. (Accurate Karima head and alt parts, unmasked magneto head and effects, Theta sentinel alt hands and parts, krakoa plant, unmasked jean head, wolverine unmasked head and hands, etc

5 minutes ago, Curtar said:

I think it would make sense to do character accessory packs based on specific yet broad categories. Examples:

Infinity war pack with accurate cap head and shields, iron man alt weapons and parts, thanos bare left arm, alt Thanos hands, alt CoT hands (proxima needs to hold both weapons), alternate cull obsidian weapon, metal hand, and right fist. Accurate head and gun for winter soldier

House of X accessory pack with stuff from the Hox/PoX run. (Accurate Karima head and alt parts, unmasked magneto head and effects, Theta sentinel alt hands and parts, krakoa plant, unmasked jean head, wolverine unmasked head and hands, etc

No it wouldn't. As stated not everyone is a completist, so making anything specific wouldn't work. For example your Infinity War pack, already has a problem, given that the Children of Thanos set was an exclusive, so already people will be stuck with accessories that they can't use. Similarly the HOX pack would require that whole HOX wave was a massive seller to justify it. Again the more generic the more likely it will be made and sold.

4 hours ago, Curtar said:

I would buy that IW set in a heartbeat. That also gets me thinking that I’d like to see them  go back and give us some old heads with face printing. Basically anything MCU pre-2017. They’re unlikely to just redo the figures with the new tech, like they do with Star Wars, so this would be a good way to get them updated. Maybe $20 apiece for like 5-6 heads and throw in a needed accessory or 2. A GOTG set, unmasked Quill, Gamora and Drax, then throw in a repainted GOTG2 Rocket in orange. A Civil War set, AoU, IW, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, etc.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:44 AM, nWoWolfpack said:

Hope Extremis Iron Man & Blue Marvel come fairly soon

The Extremis armor was far too skinny to house an actual human male. So it absolutely needs to be redone. Its not my favorite suit of armor but as I've said repeatedly....Accuracy Matters. 

And for the comments that the Blue Marvel is an "obscure" character....maybe they meant rarely used. I wouldn't call him obscure.

Red Wolf is obscure. Sunturion is obscure. El Aguila. Woodgod. Mauler. The Agents of Atlas. Red Rajah. Killraven. Arabian Knight. Mystery Men.  All of whom, by the way, I'd love to get Legends figures of!

Please and thank you.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

The Extremis armor was far too skinny to house an actual human male. So it absolutely needs to be redone. Its not my favorite suit of armor but as I've said repeatedly....Accuracy Matters. 

And for the comments that the Blue Marvel is an "obscure" character....maybe they meant rarely used. I wouldn't call him obscure.

Red Wolf is obscure. Sunturion is obscure. El Aguila. Woodgod. Mauler. The Agents of Atlas. Red Rajah. Killraven. Arabian Knight. Mystery Men.  All of whom, by the way, I'd love to get Legends figures of!

Please and thank you.

I feel the Agents of Atlas are a little less obscure now compared to the rest, because they had a few minis, and the new team helped bring back the older team, and some of their members have appeared in other books as well. I'd take the Agents of Atlas (both teams) though, and Red Wolf (both versions). Also Extremis was too short as well. I feel obscure for them not that known to a casual person.  

I'm hoping when they get around to Blue Marvel we get his Ultimates look for, even though I love his Mighty Avengers look, but I'd want him in his Ultimates look to put him with an eventual Jimmy Woo figure and a new Night Thrasher in his trench coat look to make the Three X's from Incoming which was a cool concept that I'd wish they'd expand upon more as its a pretty cool set of minds and wouldn't mind more interactions between them. 

image.thumb.png.91e8d4cc854554420a260c705cf9bfc3.png