Hasbro Marvel Brand Team Interviews Round-Up - Find Out What The Guys From Hasbro Have Been Saying About Marvel Legends Since Fan Fest

JayC

An idea for an accessory pack would be extra arms for Super Skrull BAF with more powers of the F4, two fully flamed arms, two full rock arms, two full stretched out arms, two- fully invisible arms, an arm with stretch flame, an arm rocky invisible effect, a flame invisible effect, stretched rocky arm

1 hour ago, nWoWolfpack said:

An idea for an accessory pack would be extra arms for Super Skrull BAF with more powers of the F4, two fully flamed arms, two full rock arms, two full stretched out arms, two- fully invisible arms, an arm with stretch flame, an arm rocky invisible effect, a flame invisible effect, stretched rocky arm

But then you're back to:  This accessory pack is only useful for people that have the Super Skrull BAF, which is limiting your market right out of the gate.

Basically, I CAN see the Marvel team taking a risk and putting character specific  accessories in a pack built around a particular grouping/team/family of characters...that at least is potentially useful for all the folks that might collect that particular team, which can be a fairly wide net, as it includes all the completists and all the fans of that specific group.  Given how they line seems to break down these days that would potentially mean:  An Avengers (Comic) Pack, An X-Men pack, An FF Pack, a Spider pack, and MAYBE a Deadpool/X-Force pack, as well as a somewhat more generalized "MCU" Pack.  You could do generic FX/weapons packs alongside those, of course.

But literally a pack just to enhance ONE character?   That's stretching it, especially with a BAF (which by it's nature, less collectors are going to have).

Ok so during the Boog interview, which by the way I appreciated 'cause he got right into it, Boog brings up the color discrepancy for Omega (brown hair, white skin instead of black hair, brown skin). 

The response (at 2:46) was that they "googled" the character and that was the first picture they saw so that was what they went with.

Not for a second do I believe they're designing Marvel figures off of Google's image section, but ok.

So, they based their Omega off of a picture. But then (at 3:29) after they're asked why Dormammu looks different from the picture  THAT THEY POSTED (!),  they say he wasn't ever intended to look like that, followed by some nonsense about renders and using disclaimers in the future. 

So, this isnt the end of the world, what's done is done, Dormammu's coming out like that and I know Omega's already on the shelves. Its just a shame that laziness and hypocrisy can louse up an otherwise good line. The Legends line is increasing in quality and design and that's great, but we can clearly see for every step forward, now and then, they're gonna take a few steps back.

26 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

But then you're back to:  This accessory pack is only useful for people that have the Super Skrull BAF, which is limiting your market right out of the gate.

Basically, I CAN see the Marvel team taking a risk and putting character specific  accessories in a pack built around a particular grouping/team/family of characters...that at least is potentially useful for all the folks that might collect that particular team, which can be a fairly wide net, as it includes all the completists and all the fans of that specific group.  Given how they line seems to break down these days that would potentially mean:  An Avengers (Comic) Pack, An X-Men pack, An FF Pack, a Spider pack, and MAYBE a Deadpool/X-Force pack, as well as a somewhat more generalized "MCU" Pack.  You could do generic FX/weapons packs alongside those, of course.

But literally a pack just to enhance ONE character?   That's stretching it, especially with a BAF (which by it's nature, less collectors are going to have).

I mean I would assume a lot of people got that Super Skrull, because I saw various people army building with the army builder

16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Ok so during the Boog interview, which by the way I appreciated 'cause he got right into it, Boog brings up the color discrepancy for Omega (brown hair, white skin instead of black hair, brown skin). 

The response (at 2:46) was that they "googled" the character and that was the first picture they saw so that was what they went with.

Not for a second do I believe they're designing Marvel figures off of Google's image section, but ok.

So, they based their Omega off of a picture. But then (at 3:29) after they're asked why Dormammu looks different from the picture  THAT THEY POSTED (!),  they say he wasn't ever intended to look like that, followed by some nonsense about renders and using disclaimers in the future. 

So, this isnt the end of the world, what's done is done, Dormammu's coming out like that and I know Omega's already on the shelves. Its just a shame that laziness and hypocrisy can louse up an otherwise good line. The Legends line is increasing in quality and design and that's great, but we can clearly see for every step forward, now and then, they're gonna take a few steps back.

Tbf it’s a house of x omega sentinel and from what I can tell they nailed the look she has in hickmans run. It’s only the alternate head they screwed up on,  which frankly they didn’t need to include at all. And if the artwork is inconsistent in terms of skin tone & hair color then doesn’t marvel bear some of the blame? Anyhow next time they should probably just go with an effects piece for the cannon arm and avoid this type of kerfluffle. People tend to nitpick the headsculpts anyhow (for example mr Hyde) so providing 2 just doubles the likelihood people will complain 

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The Extremis armor was far too skinny to house an actual human male. So it absolutely needs to be redone. Its not my favorite suit of armor but as I've said repeatedly....Accuracy Matters. 

And for the comments that the Blue Marvel is an "obscure" character....maybe they meant rarely used. I wouldn't call him obscure.

Red Wolf is obscure. Sunturion is obscure. El Aguila. Woodgod. Mauler. The Agents of Atlas. Red Rajah. Killraven. Arabian Knight. Mystery Men.  All of whom, by the way, I'd love to get Legends figures of!

Please and thank you.

Extremis needs to be redone and blue marvel needs to be made. But when u said Arabian Knight...I would buy one no matter the cost. NO MATTER THE COST. He was one of the first characters I was introduce to in comic book form.

3 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I liked how it seems like getting accessory packs may be a real possibility in the near future. Would love different style blast effects for someone like Cyclops, better looking card throwing effects for Gambit, an awesome ice slide for Iceman, and a magnetic shield for Magneto to name a few.

A magneto shield would be cool, and smash effect thing would be cool would work with many characters. Like an impact effect, could do a few different version of those. And some power blast effects like Thanos's or silver surfers could also work for a few different characters. These are "generic" cuz they can work with many characters, so they should sell well.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, I don't buy that for a second. Even if you were going to use a Google Image search, you would be able to see plenty of images and know which look and colours were correct.

19 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

A magneto shield would be cool, and smash effect thing would be cool would work with many characters. Like an impact effect, could do a few different version of those. And some power blast effects like Thanos's or silver surfers could also work for a few different characters. These are "generic" cuz they can work with many characters, so they should sell well.

An "invisible" shield effect (half sphere, dome, etc) would be perfect for the Invisible Woman or really any of the characters that use force fields. I'd also like a Gil Kane energy effect trail