Marvel Legends Tony Stark AI Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Tony Stark AI figure from Hasbro. This figure is part of the Shang-Chi wave which should see full release by 4/25.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Tony-Stark-AI-01.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-02.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-03.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-04.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-05.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-06.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-07.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-08.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-09.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-10.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-11.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-12.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-13.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-14.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-15.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-16.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-17.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-18.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-19.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-20.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-21.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-22.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-23.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-24.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-25.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-26.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-27.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-28.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-29.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-30.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-31.JPG

Tony-Stark-AI-32.JPG

The A.I. Tony head definitely looks better in-hand... or in pictures of it being in-hand. I also like that it seems to be smaller than the 80 Years Tony head. I really disliked that Hasbro made that headsculpt and Rhodey's proportional to the armor and not to the person inside of it. I find it funny that he mentions collectors not displaying the A.I. Tony head on the figure when that sure is the way I will have it on my shelf. If you already have the 80 Years release, I don't see the point of having this figure on the shelves as a regular armor. There's some fun in A.I. Tony being a completely separate character from fleshy Tony.

And seeing this figure and the old one side-by-side, I'd love to see somebody try to switch all the yellow parts of this one into the old one. The contrast between the bright yellow and the dark red would really make it pop and it would look similar to the original classic Iron Man that Hasbro made back then as a 2-pack release.

The blue doesn’t bother me in the slightest nor will it keep me from having this as my classic comic Iron Man. 

No use for A.I head so into storage with that one.

My only real concern is will Hasbro re-re-release him without the blue?

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

The blue doesn’t bother me in the slightest nor will it keep me from having this as my classic comic Iron Man. 

That's also my major concern.  This version screams Bob Layton all the way which is my all time favorite IM artist followed by Perez & Byrne,

I really enjoy this sculpt and somehow I like that color scheme. Much more like the original comics. Also glad they fixed the biceps bs but im sure they fixed that from the second reuse of this buck. The blue is pretty neat and really makes it feel like a different figure but also can be interchanged as a regular ironman or a holo tony. Also love that his original head can fit on it. I do have the same concern that this is most likely going to be a buck being reused a few times with very minor tweaks and most likely without the blue in some kind of retro card or whatever else. 

Ah man...I thought I'd talked myself out of getting this one since the 80th seems fine for my default IM but these photos shot that down. I love it. This will definitely be on my Avengers shelf. I'm like most of you and that hologram head is going straight to the parts bin. Now. Any chance we could see a reuse of 80th Cap for those classic brighter colors to match this?

53 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Ah man...I thought I'd talked myself out of getting this one since the 80th seems fine for my default IM but these photos shot that down. I love it. This will definitely be on my Avengers shelf. I'm like most of you and that hologram head is going straight to the parts bin. Now. Any chance we could see a reuse of 80th Cap for those classic brighter colors to match this?

53 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I’d love a brighter colored Cap as well. Most of my comic collecting dats he wore the lighter blue

pretty sure a repaint is inevitable, like I feel strongly that the new Modular Armor will one day see a classic colored version

7 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I’d love a brighter colored Cap as well. Most of my comic collecting dats he wore the lighter blue

pretty sure a repaint is inevitable, like I feel strongly that the new Modular Armor will one day see a classic colored version

Agreed. I'm almost positive we'll see those colors eventually.

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

If Hasbro rerereleased 😂 him without the blue arc reactor I would probably pick up that figure. For now I'll hold off on this version.

As much as I am an advocate for full on metallic paint on all Iron man figures, this figure makes sense with basic flat colors, in terms of it's comic book roots, because this is how Iron man looked in the comics for the most part, which makes it pseudo retro figure which isn't super great fit with modern A.I. gimmick but nonetheless this could more appealing than original release of this figure,