The Avengers Brace Themselves For World War She-Hulk

JayC

7 minutes ago, ADour said:

With Immortal Hulk ending, I think Ewing should be open for handling another title. And considering he proved himself with both Immortal Hulk and Empyre, I think making him the next Avengers writer is a no-brainer. But that's not to say Jim Zub wouldn't be a great choice. In my perfect world, Ewing, Zub and Waid (due to being the No Surrender / No Way Home team) would each handle an Avengers book, with all three titles sharing an underlying status-quo narrative not unlike the way X-books are currently being handled.

Apparently Ewing is going to write Defenders, as a continuation of Immortal Hulk. I’m hoping Waid can still work for Marvel while also doing stuff for DC, as some writers can do both. Zub would be the best choice right now. But I’d gladly also take Kelly Thompson writing an Avengers book as well. Steve Orlando too. I think those 5 would be great at writing a cohesive Avengers part of the MU that aren’t retconned to not being Avengers 

The X-books are awesome right now. X-Men is great, sure it's slow, but i'm enjoying it. S.W.O.R.D. for me is the strongest, because Ewing. Excalibur is okay. X-Factor I haven't read. Hellions is good. New Mutants is great. Haven't read X-Force. But from what I've seen people love this new era of X. I love it, because so many mutants are being used in the books, even the most obscure characters: Forearm, Mammomax, Marrow, Shark-girl, Wolf Cub, Peeper, Blink, Lila Cheney, Frenzy, Gateway, Manifold, Fabian Cortez, Vanisher, Amelia Voght, Wiz-Kid, Risque, Random, Fabian Cortez, Mondo, Manon, Maxime, Beak, Nature Girl, Anole, Dust, Sprite, Icarus, No-Girl, Petra, Rain Boy, Tempest, Sway, Darwin, Vulcan, Synch, etc... so many characters who were in limbo get cameos and used compared to years back, and that splash with Krakoa coming out of a portal in X of Swords: Destruction with all these characters was *chef's kiss*  

YEah don't get me wrong, I'm an "old timer" myself and while I haven't bought floppies for over a decade now (still buy trades from time to time), I don't make it a point to shake my cane at new comics (or toys based on new comics) and tell them to get off my lawn.  Some people seem so miserable in this hobby I wonder why they even bother.

Case in point: I've only skimmed bits and pieces of the House Of X stuff, but the figures were mostly cool aside from Midget Jean.  (And what I've seen of the stories looks interesting if often disturbing).

1 hour ago, GulagEscapee666 said:

Yuck. Dumb idea. Didnt they already try planet asian hulk? Reheating leftovers again. The recent hickman x-men was ass also. 

Today's "great" writers at what goes for Marvel comics have not a single original idea & are just rehashing classic story arcs utilizing different characters. Secret wars was an awesome concept back in 84', 85" as was DCs COIE. Now when they redo them, they're bland & boring. 

The one story arc I've always wanted Marvel to revisit, but they have to get Claremont/Byrne to do, is a 6 issue or even 12 issue mini series based on the classic Days of Future past  storyline. Ever since the scene that shows Kitty walking by the cemetery & the tombstones had the names of various Marvel heroes that were slain by the Sentinels, I've always wanted to see stories showing how they died in battle vs the Sentinels.   Would love to see how many Sentinels it took to bring down the Hulk, I'd imagine that it took a dozen or more Sentinels plus Nimrod to finally take him out.