Easy repaints that you're surprised Hasbro hasn't done

Dabboi

Specifically a repaint of an already existing character with very minimal new tooling required.

For me it's the Amazing Fantasy 15 Spider-Man with the red and black rather than red and blue.

(Sorry if image is low quality)

detail.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dabboi said:

Specifically a repaint of an already existing character with very minimal new tooling required.

For me it's the Amazing Fantasy 15 Spider-Man with the red and black rather than red and blue.

(Sorry if image is low quality)

detail.jpg

They need more then just a repaint for that. They need a new head, webbing under arms etc.

One repaint I'm surprised hasn't happened is X-Force Nightcrawler.

Just now, tarot said:

They need more then just a repaint for that. They need a new head, webbing under arms etc.

One repaint I'm surprised hasn't happened is X-Force Nightcrawler.

Alright, I just noticed his little webs for the first time. I retract my statement.

I concur for Nightcrawler!

Classic Captain America: Just repaint the 80th Cap in those brighter colors. While I love the 80th and it's flag accurate colors, I'd like to see that variant. Plus, a lot of folks still need that mold in their collections.

Red and Blue (classic) Wasp: I don't know how most folks feel but I actually really like the Wasp figure from the Avengers Retro Collection Wave and I'd love to see it in her more classic red and blue. 

Classic Falcon: That recent Falcon should have had the classic red and white outfit and a Redwing. Redwing aside, the figure is awesome and a little paint would easily make it the better costume.

Totally on board for a Cap repaint. Not sure if they need a new chest piece but U.S. Agent could be done on this body as well. I know many say Agent needs to be bigger but I think he’d be fine. Although when ToyBiz did this, the molded Star was just painted over and he looked super cheap/ knock off.

for minimal tooling, Red Guardian could be turned into the Swordsman easily enough. 

Jim Hammond Human Torch in either flaming or non flame 

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't surprising per se, but a very simple repaint that I would like is a '60s/'70s era Professor Xavier. Take the Riders Xavier with the Jim Lee/animated series hover chair, repaint the suit blue or brown and put him in the normal wheelchair from the Fox movie 2-pack. They could add a little flannel blanket to throw over his legs.