Ghost Rider Retro wave wishlist

tarot

During one of the interviews with Hasbro's Marvel team, Dwight hinted that he eventually wants to do a retro line based on the Ghost Rider line from Toybiz (for more info - https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=90). People have started listing their wants for the wave on the Q+A thread in the news section but I thought we would all start listing them here. 

A couple of things to note though. DO NOT expect the bikes to come in this line. There wouldn't be enough room on the card back format for a bike. Plus it would drive the price of the figure through the roof.

Second thing is, just because a character was in the old line doesn't mean it should be in this line and just cause a character wasn't in the line, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in this line. But I would say try and pick character that would have been around those time. They try and make the figure as if they were trying to make a line during those times. TLDR: no Robbie Reyes guys. sorry.

With those out of the way start listing.

My list

• Dan Ketch Ghost Rider - This one is obvious as most people grew up with this guy as their ghost rider
  • Vengeance - cause he really needs a redo.
  • Blackheart - Using the Venom Movie figure
  • Orb - Easy repaint and obscure 
  • Jennifer Kale - solo female and the Ghost rider's cousin. Yes I pick a more modern version but Black Panther says hi
  • Paradox Strange - probably the only way we would ever get this figure.

DIG007265_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg213157-118900-vengeance.jpgBlackheart4.jpgacotilletta2--orb_(unrevealed).jpg5369731-31.jpg

jenniferkale00.jpg

5 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Since they said it doesn't have to be a retro figure necessarily to be in a retro wave, my list would be:

Ghost Rider (johnny blaze)

Ghost Rider (danny ketch)

Zaratos

Vengeance

Ghost Rider (robbie reyes)

Caretaker

BAF:  Hellcycle

Retro waves don't have bafs or are no more then 6 figures. They also said that when they make retro wave, they make it as if they are making a line during those times, so they try a make character from that period.

I wish that they would do this, I've been asking for a damn Ghost Rider Wave since forever

Tarot had a great list but I'd swap a few (I would love this wave so much)

• Dan Ketch Ghost Rider
  • Vengeance
  • Blackheart
  • Mephisto
  • Lilith
  • Zarathos

Honorable Mentions : Ghost Rider (Alejandra) , Black Rose, Death Watch, Death Ninja, Scarecrow, Blackout, Outcast, Caretaker, Caretaker (Sara),

Yes I would love love Orb!, Paradox and Jen but I think they are long shots. I also think it's not crazy to think that characters like Warewolf by Night, some more monsters like Dracula etc or a new Blade (but maybe save Blade for his own wave)

IMO, GR has never had a great supporting cast nor great standout villians so only thing I would love if Hasbro ever did, is a couple of Deluxe of classic GR with his bike & alternate JB head sculpt , flame FX & alternate open closed fist hands & Western era GR with his Horse, open /closed hands. Throw a $59.99 tag on em & they will sell thru the roof!

F7pBk2z.jpg

Ghost rider (Danny Ketch)

Johnny Blaze

Blade

Vengence

Zarathos

Blackheart

Mephisto and Orb were tough outs, but I can see mephisto or blackkeart being sometime of deluxe later on. And for Orb I think the only way to get him done is in this wave unless they do an original sin wave, which probably won't happen.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, RyanDaly said:

My heart belongs to more of the '70s horror characters, but if we're talking about a '90s style Ghost Rider Retro wave, I'll focus on the characters from that era.

1. Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
  2. Johnny Blaze
  3. Blade
  4. Lilith
  5. Blackheart
  6. Blackout

But Hasbro would have to make a repaint of Ketch available with a motorcycle too. 

This is a good one.  I'd just change out blackheart to Nightmare since I have Toy Biz Black Heart. 

1,000 times yes to this.  I can't even contain my hype that the team actually acknowledged a desire to put together a Ghost Rider wave!

• Orb
  • Deathwatch
  • Lilith
  • Ghost Rider (Modern Johnny Blaze)
  • Vengeance (Kowalski)
  • Blackout

Ultimate Riders: Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

Orb is extremely easy to make. Just the Ghost rider's body with a alter upper torso and head. the only problem I can see is articulating the head. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the head could only turn.

I would just use the standard head articulation, even if it just allows his head to turn. Also if they do the Orb, they could do the 8-Ball then.

Don't have the head attached at all, just a plastic marble painted like an eyeball, but there's a magnet inside and a magnet in the neck that holds it in place but allows it to "look" in any direction. 

I have no clue if this is cost prohibitive. I imagine it's a terrible idea from a production standpoint, but that's how I'd do.

EDIT: Corrected a couple of glaring typos that autocorrected to completely different words. Yeesh.

5 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Don't have the head attached at all, just a plastic marvel painted like an eyeball, but there's a magnet inside and a magnet in the neck that holds it in place but allows it to "look" in any generation. 

I have no clue if this is cost prohibitive. I imagine it's a terrible idea from a production standpoint, but that's how I'd do.

I don't know man I think that's a really good idea, they might go for it.

12 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Don't have the head attached at all, just a plastic marble painted like an eyeball, but there's a magnet inside and a magnet in the neck that holds it in place but allows it to "look" in any direction. 

EDIT: Corrected a couple of glaring typos that autocorrected to completely different words. Yeesh.

Interesting idea, though I could see a lot of headless Orb figures

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Interesting idea, though I could see a lot of headless Orb figures

Yeah, that's the obvious design flaw is the head falling off and getting lost. The cost/benefit of that will ultimately come down to who is "playing" with the figure. Is it kids who will "handle" the figure more, rougher, faster, and thereby more likely to send the head flying in some direction and rolling under the dishwasher... or is it adult collectors who will prop the figure up on a shelf, where the only danger is bumping the figure when you rearrange the display?

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, that's the obvious design flaw is the head falling off and getting lost. The cost/benefit of that will ultimately come down to who is "playing" with the figure. Is it kids who will "handle" the figure more, rougher, faster, and thereby more likely to send the head flying in some direction and rolling under the dishwasher... or is it adult collectors who will prop the figure up on a shelf, where the only danger is bumping the figure when you rearrange the display?

They are going to be thinking of the kids and the army of headless bodies