Legends-esque lines for other properties

Dabboi

Okay, this might not be okay on the forums (feel free to remove if it isn't), but it's still loosely related to Marvel Legends and Hasbro.

What are some other properties (from any medium) that you would like to see have a action figure line with the same scope as Marvel Legends? Not exactly the same style, but the same aesthetic I suppose.

I would love to see more video games get more affordable toy lines, Mass Effect springs to mind

I’d actually love for DC figures to get a line in scale to Legends. McFarlane’s line, while are finally spreading out from Batman and Superman, are just too tall and frankly oddly Articulated. I bought the first waves Bats and Supes but quickly realized if you try to pose them in any way but standing they look ridiculous.

Too bad that Mattel seemed to finally get their $#!% together in their last few waves ( outside of some characters having supersized heads).

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

I’d actually love for DC figures to get a line in scale to Legends. McFarlane’s line, while are finally spreading out from Batman and Superman, are just too tall and frankly oddly Articulated. I bought the first waves Bats and Supes but quickly realized if you try to pose them in any way but standing they look ridiculous.

Too bad that Mattel seemed to finally get their $#!% together in their last few waves ( outside of some characters having supersized heads).

I agree, the weird scaling for the line bugs me a lot as well. Batgirl should not be the same size as Batman. I have a DC sized hole in my collection, and McFarlane just doesn't do it for me.

1 hour ago, Dabboi said:

I agree, the weird scaling for the line bugs me a lot as well. Batgirl should not be the same size as Batman. I have a DC sized hole in my collection, and McFarlane just doesn't do it for me.

Wow I had this long ass reply and I deleted it on accident I am so pist

7 hours ago, McHogan said:

Basically, I said that I wish mattel was still doing DC cuz like u guys said they were starting to figure things out. And idk y people weren't supporting the DC Icons line which was solid, and I was going to get that badasa ETRIGAN but no the line got canceled. I also went on a tangent on how it would be interesting to see hasbro throw their hat into the mix with a DC line. And with their new technology from better articulation to paint apps. It would be cool to see. Like hasbros newer lines ex. Joes, fortnite, look superior when comparing them to a ML, even tho ml is improving slowly I wish they would get with the times. Anyway, I just want a solid line of DC figures. 😔

16 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Just wanted to add this with the new MOTU line by mattel which looks promising, man do I wish Mattel had DC now. McFarlane’s stuff is meh. But ill still cherry pick for character than can scale with 6 inch like the bigger character's.

I mostly steer clear of Mattel, I used to collect their WWE figures, but something about them just isn't that great. I'd love to get into MOTU, heck i've thought of getting into Mythic Legions or even Vitruvian HACKS.

6 minutes ago, Dabboi said:

I mostly steer clear of Mattel, I used to collect their WWE figures, but something about them just isn't that great. I'd love to get into MOTU, heck i've thought of getting into Mythic Legions or even Vitruvian HACKS.

I have never been big on them either, but that MOTU line is something im excited about.

An old, dear fantasy of mine is for Hasbro to revive ToyBiz' old Legendary Comic Book Heroes line, but with a sub-line dedicated to ACTION MOVIE heroes: Neeson as Brian Mills, Stallone as Rambo, Willis as McClane, Norris as Scott James, Russel as Jack Burton, or Thurman as the Bride.

Just like Legendary' they could even do a series of 2-packs: Bruce and Brandon Lee as Chen from Fist of Fury and Jake from Rapid Fire, Gibson and Glover as Riggs and Murtaugh, and a personal favorite, Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee (yeah, again) as Kenner and Murata from Showdown in Little Tokyo.

3 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

dc, lord of the rings, indiana jones

Indiana Jones in Legends scale with the current articulation would be amazing. 

Maybe they could take Indy and his best known characters and alternate between other action series like @makomentioned in 6-7 figure waves.

my choice would be a JAWS line. The greatest movie in history needs a great action figure wave. My ideal wave:

1. Chief Brody ( Amity Police uniform, beaches closed sign, revolver)

2. Hooper (camera, styrofoam cup, license plate, Shark tracker, barrel accessory)

3. Quint ( beer can, spear gun, machete, removable baseball cap, barrel accessory)

4. Chief Brody on Orca attire ( Chum bucket, revolver, barrel accessory)

5. Ellen Brody ( Shark book, 

6. Mayor Vaughn in blue anchor blazer suit ( classic!)

They'd have to do the Shark how they did the scale T-Rex in the Jurassic Park line. Figure 6” figures could get a 24” Shark to get the size of ol “ Bruce”

Taking this back to Marvel, another pipe-dream of mine is a line of figures, similar to the MCU figures (realistic proportions, detailing, and face printing) based on the Marvel/Universal/CBS shows/TV movies of the 70s.

Ferigno as the Hulk (removable soft-goods shirt and alternate "first season-head")

Bill Bixby as David Banner (soft-goods poplin coat, removable shoes, gym-bag and alternate "white eyes" head)

Nicholas Hammond as Spider-Man (alternate unmasked head, alternate "TV-Thwip" hand, and spider-tracer receiver)

Reb Brown as Captain America in Semi-Comic Accurate "Death to Soon" suit (Clear-plastic shield and removable crash-helmet)

Peter Hooten as Doctor Strange (alternate "spell casting hands, and signate window diorama backdrop)

To really go for the hat-trick, Throw in Rex Smith's Daredevil (alternate unmasked head, billy club and blind cane) and Eric Kramer as Thor (hammer, removable helmet and pitcher of . . . beverage) from the Hulk TV movies.

Also something for the Riders Series fans: Cap's TV bike packaged with Reb's Cap in his original "V-Stripe" costume (once again, removable helmet and clear shield).

I've got a pretty hefty DCUC-Multiverse collection, so I'd be happy if they did modernized DC but I don't really NEED it.  As for DC Icons my understanding was that a lot of collectors were upset that they were slightly underscaled to most Marvel Legends figs.

As for what I'd like to see?  Wildstorm (preferably in it's own line and not dribs and drabs in a DC oriented line).  

Legendary Comic Heroes coming back could be a lot of fun, particularly if they pulled in stuff like Invincible.

I'm hoping Hasbro will do more of the D&D line they've hinted at with Drizzt, and branch out beyond just the Forgotten Realms (though I'm sure the Realms will be the heavy focus for the first few years).

Along those lines I'd be practically all in on a "Fantasy Legends" line that did characters from various fantasy novel series (Non-D&D/Non-Tolkien):  Song of Ice and Fire, Wheel of Time, The Witcher, etc...  As long as they kept the waves consistent within themselves.  (Though to be fair I'd by individual series from those various novels and series, too).  

I know there are a couple 6" Conans out there (from the above-mentioned Legendary Comic Heroes line) but a Sword & Sorcery line loaded with Robert E. Howard (and Howard-esque) creations would be cool (not just Ahhnuld movie stuff, even if that's cool too).

An Indiana Jones series would be amazing! I think it would be good to mix-up the waves among the different movies, to give it variety, and prevent pegwarming of characters from less-popular Indy movies, so people could complete the BAFs. Wave ideas...

---Wave 1:

• Classic "Raiders" Indy
  • Marion Ravenwood (red and white "Raiders" outfit)
  • Toht
  • Indy in Tuxedo (TOD)
  • Mola Ram
  • Grail Knight
  • Elsa Schneider
  • BAF:  Arabian Horse

---Wave 2:

• Indy in jacket with tie, with machine gun (Last Crusade)
  • Dr. Henry Jones
  • Irina Spalko
  • German Soldier
  • Indy in Desert Robes (Raiders)
  • Short Round
  • BAF: German Mechanic

---Wave 3:

• Indy (German soldier disguise)
  • Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)
  • Belloq (ceremonial robe)
  • Col. Vogel
  • Sallah (robe)
  • Willie Scott (red dress)
  • Cairo swordsman
  • BAF: Ark with Ark spirit

3 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

An Indiana Jones series would be amazing! I think it would be good to mix-up the waves among the different movies, to give it variety, and prevent pegwarming of characters from less-popular Indy movies, so people could complete the BAFs. Wave ideas...

---Wave 1:

• Classic "Raiders" Indy
  • Marion Ravenwood (red and white "Raiders" outfit)
  • Toht
  • Indy in Tuxedo (TOD)
  • Mola Ram
  • Grail Knight
  • Elsa Schneider
  • BAF:  Arabian Horse

---Wave 2:

• Indy in jacket with tie, with machine gun (Last Crusade)
  • Dr. Henry Jones
  • Irina Spalko
  • German Soldier
  • Indy in Desert Robes (Raiders)
  • Short Round
  • BAF: German Mechanic

---Wave 3:

• Indy (German soldier disguise)
  • Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)
  • Belloq (ceremonial robe)
  • Col. Vogel
  • Sallah (robe)
  • Willie Scott (red dress)
  • Cairo swordsman
  • BAF: Ark with Ark spirit

The absence of Markus Brody makes me sad. Other than that, I love this.

37 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Does anybody remember BATTLE BEASTS?!

spacer.png

How 'bout revamping this forgotten line of humanoid animals with armor and weapons in a six inch fully articulated line? 

I remember them They battled for fun! Also they were actually a Transformers spinoff (in Japan)

29 minutes ago, Dabboi said:

Sort of on topic, does anyone know if Marvel is able to create merchandise for characters like Ultraman, Predator, or Conan?

I imagine that the answer is no, but a Conan ML figure seems possible

I have asked this before. But I cant remeber what the response was im pretty sure it is no to predator. But I would love too see Conan and Predator marvel legends esque lines.