New Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Movie Poster Plus First Trailer To Drop In A Few Weeks

JayC

16 minutes ago, tarot said:

heh. so the street dates for these figure was basically because these were being released now. Maybe May's Marvel MOnday will be these up for purchase.

Since they will be going up for pre-order on 4/25 I dont think it will be Marvel Monday.

33 minutes ago, tarot said:

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else think that Wenwu is not the Mandarin? 

It may not be just you, but I don't think there are too many people (paying attention to this stuff) that would agree with you.  Especially given that one particular shot of him in the trailer.

It's a pretty elegant solution to the "real Mandarin" situation, all things considered.  Fu Manchu/Wengwu and The Mandarin were already pretty similar characters in the comics.

I'm going to bet the "legendary Ten Rings" are the MacGuffin he's after, and that yes, we will see something of a more "Traditional" Mandarin in him before the end of the movie.

1 minute ago, Jmacq1 said:

It may not be just you, but I don't think there are too many people (paying attention to this stuff) that would agree with you.  Especially given that one particular shot of him in the trailer.

It's a pretty elegant solution to the "real Mandarin" situation, all things considered.  Fu Manchu/Wengwu and The Mandarin were already pretty similar characters in the comics.

I'm going to bet the "legendary Ten Rings" are the MacGuffin he's after, and that yes, we will see something of a more "Traditional" Mandarin in him before the end of the movie.

My actual theory now is that Wenwu is an immortal from ancient China, with the rings/bracelets being what made him immortal. You see ancient china in the trailer so Im guessing the long haired and wenwu are one and the same.

Other then that The long hair guys could be the ancestor and Wenwu is the latest in the long line of crimelords.

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

My actual theory now is that Wenwu is an immortal from ancient China, with the rings/bracelets being what made him immortal. You see ancient china in the trailer so Im guessing the long haired and wenwu are one and the same.

Other then that The long hair guys could be the ancestor and Wenwu is the latest in the long line of crimelords.

That all seems pretty plausible but that's...also basically the origin of the Mandarin from one of the Iron Man animated films (The immortal Warlord thing).

And the "Series of descendants" was the origin of Fu Manchu, more or less.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Like the Black Tarantula. 

for people thinking that they are not using Fumanchu because of copyrights that's only half true. Even when he was first thought up (the original character not the Marvel), that character was an extremely stereotype of Asian culture and was made during the yellow fever of the time, with people fearing a China invasion. So of course they wouldn't use it for what is an essentially an asian promoted movie. 

Mandarin was the same when introduced (hence the reason he was green in the 90's cartoon) but has evolved beyond that stereotype.

Ah ha here we go, I called this, nobody wanted to believe me, I said watch since these Shang Chi figs are Street dated for the 25th I bet we are seeing a trailer just before that, and here it is.

I'm on the fence about this one, I think I need to watch it a few more times, but first watch I wasn't really captivated, it felt a bit lackluster to me, I think I kinda cringed a bit at the whole crouching tiger hidden dragon looking segments and the scenes that looked like they were from that awful Matt damon movie about monsters at the great wall of china. I usually don't go crazy first go round of a trailer, so it may take some time to work me and impress me, but of course I'm excited to see it.

Movie looks pretty fun and its fun to finally see these characters in action after the figures broke release. I have to say tho, I reallly reallly really dont like 'Awkwafina' actress and of course shes going to be the obnoxious comedy relief in the movie. Overall tho movie has some serious promise and I like the speculation of the Mandarin being involved.