Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings 6" Wenwu Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings 6" Wenwu figure from Hasbro. This figure is part of the Shang-Chi wave which should see full release by 4/25.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Wenwu-01.JPG

Wenwu-02.JPG

Wenwu-03.JPG

Wenwu-04.JPG

Wenwu-05.JPG

Wenwu-06.JPG

Wenwu-07.JPG

Wenwu-08.JPG

Wenwu-09.JPG

Wenwu-10.JPG

Wenwu-11.JPG

Wenwu-12.JPG

Wenwu-13.JPG

Wenwu-14.JPG

Wenwu-15.JPG

43 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I'll be very interested to learn why the higher-ups decided to make the Ten Rings wrist/forearm bracelets instead of traditional finger rings. Too similar to other properties or powerful artifacts in Marvel or pop culture? Or perhaps too impractical for a martial arts action scene to figure a guy with so many rings? Very curious.

Maybe after the likes of Green Lantern, Hollywood isn't in the mood for magic rings

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I'll be very interested to learn why the higher-ups decided to make the Ten Rings wrist/forearm bracelets instead of traditional finger rings. Too similar to other properties or powerful artifacts in Marvel or pop culture? Or perhaps too impractical for a martial arts action scene to figure a guy with so many rings? Very curious.

Likely it’s the same reason the Eye of Agamotto became an Infinity Stone, or Caps shield was created by Tony Starks dad. They’re just putting a different take on things. 

59 minutes ago, glhshelby said:

Likely it’s the same reason the Eye of Agamotto became an Infinity Stone, or Caps shield was created by Tony Starks dad. They’re just putting a different take on things. 

But the examples you cited weren't just alternate takes; they had a function within the movies of tying different parts of the universe together, forming attachments to bolster the shared universe concept.

Putting the ten rings on different body parts doesn't do that... at least, not that we know of right now. Maybe something in the movie or another Phase 4 film will help explain it, but we won't know that until we see it.

I just hope the original Shang Chi head fits on this new body, I think the red bandetta head looks better. Now that I got a better look at these I don't feel so bad about having to order the entire wave just to get Mr Hyde BAF. Also wonder if in the movie each ring will represent the same powers as the old finger rings. And they do look more practical for fighting.

On 4/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, RyanDaly said:

Little bit of all of the above, I'd imagine.    And yeah, a bunch of finger rings being difficult to distinctively show in the middle of a Kung-fu fight without a lot of speed ramping.  Possibly also an issue with potential injury while filming said fight scenes.

Maybe they're going with the story that they ARE finger-rings...for Dragon-sized creatures.

I know in the comics the Mandarin's Rings weren't actually created as rings (vs being bits of Alien Technology that happened to fit on human fingers) but they still barely made sense being that small when the race that created/utilized them was enormous.

I do suspect, however, that we're probably NOT going to get each ring being unique, but that we will get nods to the collected rings being able to do most of the abilities the individual rings are known for, if not all of them.  And yeah, the potential lack of individuality on the rings is probably purely to avoid direct comparisons to the Infinity Stones.