Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Katy Figure Revealed

JayC

Shown below via MCUCollector is our first look at the Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Katy figure coming from Hasbro. The character Katy is a friend of Shanf-Chi who is being played by comedian and actress Awkwafina. I believe Katy is the woman driving the bus in the new trailer that just dropped this morning for the movie, though based on this figure she apparently gets more of a action oriented look at some point.

It also looks like from this image that she comes with the creature named Morris. I don't know what Morris is but I've seen it included with some of the LEGO sets based on the movie.

The figure was found at Target and looks like will be offered as a stand-alone Target exclusive. The official release date should be 4/25. Look like Katy will cost $27. The regular Shang-Chi figures have the new MSRP of $22.99. Thanks to Omni for the info.

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy4__scaled_600.jpg

38 minutes ago, JayC said:

Shown below via social media is our first look at the Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Katy figure coming from Hasbro. The character Katy is a friend of Shanf-Chi who is being played by comedian and actress Awkwafina. I believe Katy is the woman driving the bus in the new trailer that just dropped this morning for the movie, though based on this figure she apparently gets more of a action oriented look at some point.

It also looks like from this image that she might come with the creature named Morris. I don't know what Morris is but I've seen it included with some of the LEGO sets based on the movie.

The figure was found at Target and looks like will be offered as a stand-alone Target exclusive. The official release date should be 4/25. Look like Katy will cost $27. The regular Shang-Chi figures have the new MSRP of $22.99.

00-Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-Katy.jpg

The image isn't showing

$27? That can't be right, shouldn't it be the regular price, $23? It's not a deluxe or an anniversary figure. Also it is a bit disappointing to see the price jump happening so soon. From what I remember, the word before Fan Fest was that it would go up this summer or fall. If Target was able to have the Iron Man wave for $20, why not this one?

5 minutes ago, Brenttoo said:

Beautiful figure. Happy to see as much from this movie as possible. But I have officially reached a point where I start foaming at the mouth and flipping tables when I read the words "Target Exclusive."

Especially at $27 I dont think this figure will be that hard to find, Target exclusive or no.

41 minutes ago, JayC said:

Especially at $27 I dont think this figure will be that hard to find, Target exclusive or no.

Ouch! Missed that part. 27 bucks for a low-rent comedienne with minimal accessories and no BAF part!?!

Hasbro is getting seriously close to Matteling themselves out of a lot of consumers.

Katy, oh it's Awkwafina Marvel Legend, it's pretty damn boring looking to me, a target exclusive you say! , ah good luck with that one target, looks like that's going to be a tough sell. Hasbro "Hey big box stores it's time to pick your exclusive" , Target : "but what all we got is this bottle of water girl?" Hasbro "yeah don't worry remember how well red hulk worked out for you, she's red too"
"

I like Awkwafina and think they did a great job with her face on the figure. Her outfit however looks like it totally prevents any kind of movement besides the arms. I can't be sure based on the photo. But if that's the case,  just like Wenwu, no matter how greatly detailed the outfit is, a martial artist figure absolutely must have the maximum articulation possible. 

The figures look good and the face print tech is incredible. However I'm passing on the wave (I'm laughing at why this figure is going to be $27.00)  but intrigued about the movie. Wondering why Leiko Wu isn't represented?? 

12 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

This figure looks amazing like all of the Shang-Chi movie figures have so far, but I agree that the costume designs don't lend themselves toward much articulation. Maybe it's time for Hasbro to start using soft goods for Marvel stuff...

We may never see the day.

She looks like an off brand Mulan but with Awkwafinas head. God i hate her. XD Also at that pricetag... oof. big OOF. I wonder if she ll even do martial arts in the movie.. shes basic comic relief and they give her a weapon to feel special. I guess thats why shes in an immovable dress. That bow and arrows are cool tho.