Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Katy Figure Revealed

JayC

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I came across six of these at a local Target today.  I knew I wouldn't be able to purchase one, but I did scan it.  It's $22.99 ... not $27.

so basically, some one made a mistake in the pricing and rose it accidently. Seems to be a trend with Target doesn't it. 

It is looking like Omni who reported to me the $27 to me may have gotten a bad price scan.   He's going back to double check and I am waiting for someone else at Target to confirm final price on Katy for me this evening, but I am seeing more indications the figure is ringing in at $23 and not $27. Will update the story when I have final confirmation on the price.

21 minutes ago, JayC said:

It is looking like Omni who reported to me the $27 to me may have gotten a bad price scan.   He's going back to double check and I am waiting for someone else at Target to confirm final price on Katy for me this evening, but I am seeing more indications the figure is ringing in at $23 and not $27. Will update the story when I have final confirmation on the price.

You don't have to take my word for it, but it's definitely $22.99.  I saw it with my own eyes.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I came across six of these at a local Target today.  I knew I wouldn't be able to purchase one, but I did scan it.  It's $22.99 ... not $27.

That actually makes more sense. This isn't being marketed as a "Deluxe," nor is there anything in any way remarkable about it. Somebody screwed up on the press release.

The other day when word first broke about the new Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Target exclusive Marvel Legends Katy figure, we had reported the figure would cost $27. It turned out that was incorrect and the figure should only cost $22.99. Hasbro confirmed the $22.99 price the next day when they sent out a press release about the figure.

The reason we reported the $27 price initially because at least one Target store out there was listing it with a $27 price. Omni who first altered us about this figure being found sends in these two scans from two different stores which were taken today showing the two different prices. The figure is code named "Bullseye" which simply designates it as a Target exclusive. Even though the price on the scans at the two different stores are different, you can see the DPCI# 087-16-2617 and TCIN #81262958 are the same.

The reason we are bringing this to you attention now is because we don't know how many Target stores out there might have the incorrect price for the figure in their system. If you decide to go out looking for this figure on Sunday (4/25) which is the official sale date, we want to make sure you don't get charged an incorrect price for it. If by chance the figure rings up at $27, you will want to make sure they adjust the price to the correct $22.99 price. Thanks to Omni for the heads up.

00-Marvel-Legends-Shang-Chi-02__scaled_600 1.jpg

On 4/20/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Perhaps for the better. Black Series has had some god-awful looking cloth goods, I think I honestly prefer well-sculpted traffic cones lol.

I agree, sculpted fabric just lends itself better to the costumes worn by Marvel characters. Star Wars is mostly loose robes and capes which can be imitated on a smaller scale by actual fabric, but your three biggest capes in the MCU are Thor, Dr. Strange, and Vision. Thor's has to be meticulously folded over his shoulders to look right, so thats better done with sculpting, Strange has the standing collar which would be near impossible to capture with real fabric, and Vision's is so thin its almost translucent and has that intricate printing on it. 

Some Targets in "higher cost of living" areas charge more for some items. For example, the Targets in my area have the 3.75" retro Marvel figures for $11.79, not $9.99. They will match the "online" price, though (even if it isn't in stock online, at least in my area) if you scan it with your phone in the Target app and show it to them, but it's an annoying extra step. My guess is that this might be what is going on in this case.

As I feared, the articulation for this figure is way hindered by the outfit (but its better than I thought- there is torso movement).  Again, the design and the detail are just beautiful. If you're into "ordinary" civilians for photos and displays, etc. yeah this works well because it adds some diversity to the Jessica Jones/Gwen or Everett Ross/Stan Lee/Lue Cage types they've already got out there.  But I like my action figures to have as much articulation as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Visited Target the other day, and shelves were a waste land. No GI Joe, a smattering of the Villains wave (bunch of Hoods) and a big swath of Katy. 

Think we all saw that coming.

Figure looks good for what it is, though. I just wonder what they were thinking.

(Hears the thoughts of fans over the Eternals wave....)

On 7/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, Atlantis said:

Visited Target the other day, and shelves were a waste land. No GI Joe, a smattering of the Villains wave (bunch of Hoods) and a big swath of Katy. 

Think we all saw that coming.

Figure looks good for what it is, though. I just wonder what they were thinking.

(Hears the thoughts of fans over the Eternals wave....)

I saw a lone Roadblock repaint on the pegs today at my local Tarjay  & 4 AI IM, 3 Shang Chi's & 9 Katy's. They're at 50% off. Ghostbusters figs were also going for 50% off as well. My local GS had everyone in the BOTBG wave minus Yuriko.