Marvel Select The Watcher Figure Re-Issue Up For Pre-Order

JayC

If you are looking for a pretty good figure of The Watcher to go with your Marvel Select or Marvel Legends, then you may want to check out the Marvel Select 7" version from Diamond Select Toys. The figure came out originally years ago, but is now being re-issued and available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The-Watcher-Marvel-Select.jpg

The Hasbro Legends team's most recent interview said they were about to do the Titanium Man as a BAF, but Marvel Select put theirs out and they chose to go instead with Ursa Major. I don't understand that, seeing how close the release of the Silver Centurion armor was. At any rate, if they're sticking with that notion, then we may not see a Watcher BAF/Deluxe this year. I like what Select did here, but I think Legends can do it better. We'll see....

I'm fortunate enough to have this figure from when it was originally released and I love it! I do fully expect that Uatu will be the BAF in the What If wave, but since I have no interest in any of those rumored figures from that wave, I'll likely stick with this guy regardless. They did a good job with him.

20 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, I would say Diamond bringing this back for one last ride is very good evidence that they got word that Legends is doing a Watcher BAF for the What If wave.

Yes indeed, I agree with you!
They don't want to miss the opportunity.
If I were to collect comic figures, I would make an exception and have him next to Marvel Legends.

I wonder how the movie rendition of the character will turn out !
Now I'm going to check GOTG vol.2 Stan Lee's cameo...

Edit :

image.thumb.png.178884decbbcf42fb2b96b1ee28262ec.png

2 hours ago, Fyrefly21 said:

Was able to preorder from EE now that they have it listed too. They charge too much for shipping imo, but it certainly beats the $100-200 on eBay.

Interestingly, BBTS has removed the product page, and even changed the Diamond Select pictures on the front page to remove it. Very weird.

Yeah that is one of my problems with EE that shipping kinda sucks.

Wow they finally re-issued this, I can't tell you how many people I've run across over the years looking for this figure, so many people have been asking for a re-release, it's really nice they did this, and of course it's because of the What If show looming up ahead, I hope every one who wanted one was able to get one.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow they finally re-issued this, I can't tell you how many people I've run across over the years looking for this figure, so many people have been asking for a re-release, it's really nice they did this, and of course it's because of the What If show looming up ahead, I hope every one who wanted one was able to get one.

i think its up at other places, dorksidetoys, entertainment earth, etc. 

Yeah this guy is priced exorbitantly on ebay.  doubt sellers  will get all that much for the old release from this point onwards

from what i know its not even a great figure, i don't think the legs are articulated at all.  i do think a Watcher BAF is pretty likely for the What If wave but watch hasbro make it some 'modern' uatu that looks completely different from the classic version.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

At this point they might, but for what it's worth, Dorkside has it up now with their $6 flat shipping fee.

I've got this Galactus and he looks great with this Watcher so I went ahead and pre-ordered from Dorkside!

Question: Dorkside only charged me the preorder price + shipping, do they not charge taxes?

MU_Galactus28.jpeg