Captain America 4 In The Works

JayC

Right off the heels of the season finale of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier on Disney+ comes news via THR that Marvel Studios is moving forward with a 4th Captain America movie. While there have been no casting announcements or word if Chris Evans will be returning, it's said Malcolm Spellman will be developing this one. Spellman is also the one behind Falcon And The Winter Soldier series which makes it likely the main focus will be the continued adventures of Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan). We wouldn't be surprised if Steven Rogers (Evans) didn't end up showing up as well.

While not giving away spoilers, the final episode of Falcon And The Winter Soldier definitely left plenty of dangling plot strings for a new movie to pick up on.

Cap-Marvel-Legends-Shield-01__scaled_600.jpg

I'm hoping they keep the Cap movies and F&WS as far separated as possible. It had its cool moments, but I was seriously underwhelmed by the show.

They got their little side-bar, got their woke on, now its time to get back to the real Captain America. Evans is receptive, make it happen.

Put Cap in the movies, put Sam back in the Falcon gear with his own solo series, and maybe give Bucky his own show.

I really enjoyed The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The Captain America movies have been my favorite part of the MCU. Chris Evans has been great as Cap. After watching how good TFAWS was, I'd be alright if Chris Evans wasn't in the 4th and Falcon was the star of the show. His speech at the end was really moving. He showed the virtue and heart of Captain America and I think he's a worth successor.

Falcon and Winter Soldier was really well done, and this is exciting news. I really don't understand when people complain about titles like Captain America or the X-Men containing social commentary, as those are such intrinsic aspects of those characters. "I really want Captain America to have principles and stand for something, I just don't want him to talk about it." Get out of here with that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier was really well done, and this is exciting news. I really don't understand when people complain about titles like Captain America or the X-Men containing social commentary, as those are such intrinsic aspects of those characters. 

So, Captain America is "intrinsically" anti-white, anti-state, and pro-terrorism? 

8 minutes ago, mako said:

So, Captain America is "intrinsically" anti-white, anti-state, and pro-terrorism? 

Clearly we watched different shows. If you interpreted anything on that show as anti-white, you are an ignorant racist, and that's that. Wanting to uplift black people has absolutely nothing to do with tearing down white people, and if you can't understand that, then there's no point trying to dispel your notions that Sam is anti-state or pro-terrorism. The nuance would be lost on you.

4 hours ago, mako said:

I'm hoping they keep the Cap movies and F&WS as far separated as possible. It had its cool moments, but I was seriously underwhelmed by the show.

They got their little side-bar, got their woke on, now its time to get back to the real Captain America. Evans is receptive, make it happen.

Put Cap in the movies, put Sam back in the Falcon gear with his own solo series, and maybe give Bucky his own show.

I can understand the desire to be given more of the familiar, but the MCU has proven its a forward moving machine. I see a constant battle between comic book fans and new fans of the live action media where one has 80+ years of Steve Rogers in the comics and the other have the story fed to them much more realistically where a characters arc in the films progresses more drastically just within the nature of the media. 

That said, I think its incredibly short-sighted and more than a little insulting to the people involved to reduce the story line of TFATWS to a brief 'woke' vacation from the mainstream. One can't claim to be a fan of Captain America, arguably the most symbolically important comic book character ever created, without acknowledging the inherent symbolism itself. We all know Steve Rogers and why he deserved to be Captain America. But history is very multifaceted and sometimes uncomfortable to hear about, which is why this show not only addressed that and gave us a new Captain America that represents that very idea; but it also very clearly and very gently explained its reasoning for doing so.

Personally, I find their willingness to put realism and honesty as their first priorities in telling these stories much more refreshing than telling the same ones over and over again for the sake of predictability and familiarity. But this is just my opinion. 

I'm all for this but I really hope that it is a continuation of FATWS, I really would be happy to keep seeing Sam as Cap, I liked the dynamics with that, and the relationship with Bucky, sure put Steve in this movie in some way (alt time version), but don't take Sam out of the Cap position, I'd even think it would be cool if at some point we can see Buck as Cap, give em both their chance.

I have not seen the final episode yet but so far I feel this is the best series that Disney Plus has put out putting Wandavision and The Mandalorian to shame. Great story and good character development. I loved the action scenes and love Falcon and Bucky's interactions with each other. I loved how they chose to retire Steve with him choosing to stay with Peggy in the past giving him a happy ending and showing how Sam came to the decision of picking up the shield during this series run. I don't know how invested I will be in future Marvel movies. I been getting burned out on them and felt End Game was the perfect close on these movies.