Marvel Monday Live Stream - 04/25/21

JayC

2 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Nice! I thought it looked familiar but I couldn't remember if it was more Kree or Skrull. I wonder if the Skrull will be released in the FF wave or possibly as the fourth Walgreen's cosmic exclusive. 

I thought they were insinuating that it would be an army-builder.

1 minute ago, MonsterChris said:

I thought they were insinuating that it would be an army-builder.

Then army builder tease was the SHIELD soldier, they then moved on to the weapon. Probably another figure either in the FF Retro wave or another Walgreens exclusive.

2 minutes ago, JayC said:

Then army builder tease was the SHIELD soldier, they they moved on to the weapon. Probably another figure either in the FF Retro or another Walgreens exclusive.

Might want to rewind.  In the lead-in to that weapon reveal they said "And the army builders might be going to space, right?"  Or something to that effect.

It was the second time they've insinuated that a space-based troop builder was coming in the relatively near future. I'm putting my money on Troop-builder for the Skrull, though it may well release alongside the FF Retro wave.

They prefaced the troop builder segment with a reminder about "space guys" and then presented the S.H.I.E.L.D. trooper and Skrull weapon in quick succession. I'd put down money the skrull is a 2022 troop builder.

I just realized the Wolverine is probably meant to be crucified Outback Wolverine, which is actually really exciting, because it means any amount of attention on the Outback era.

To be honest the most of  new reveals didn't excite me.

Sam Cap is too similar the the comic version for me to be excited about and the fact hat he doesn't come with his wings is a big put off, seriously why not release him as a deluxe like Archangel?

Loki is okay, but the beige suit doesn't make for an exciting figure.

Another depowered Johnny, I really want an non-exclusive flamed on Torch.

Classic Herc, happy with the modern version, so another pass.

The clearer pics of Bucky and US Agent look good, but if they are planning another US Agent down the line, means I might hold off. Bucky is a possibility though

The news of a SHIELD army builder sounds good, Skrulls wouldn't be too bad, but I'm not a huge fan of Marvel Space

3 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Might want to rewind.  In the lead-in to that weapon reveal they said "And the army builders might be going to space, right?"  Or something to that effect.

True, but just because it's an army builder and they showed the Pulse exclusive boxes, doesn't mean every troop builder will be released that way. A.I.M. and Hydra troopers both originated in waves; and we just recently got the Hand Ninja which would be considered an army builder. I have a feeling the repurposed Nick Fury/SHIELD agent will be a Pulse troop builder, and the Skrull will be offered in a wave first (and then maybe re-released as a Pulse army builder two years from now).

3 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

True, but just because it's an army builder and they showed the Pulse exclusive boxes, doesn't mean every troop builder will be released that way. A.I.M. and Hydra troopers both originated in waves; and we just recently got the Hand Ninja which would be considered an army builder. I have a feeling the repurposed Nick Fury/SHIELD agent will be a Pulse troop builder, and the Skrull will be offered in a wave first (and then maybe re-released as a Pulse army builder two years from now).

I mean, you're free to believe what you want to believe, but it was pretty clear in context they were talking about Hasbro Pulse troop builders.

They already have the mold (Super Skrull, minus "powered up" bits), so there's no need for an "initial release" to get the mold out like most of the other troop builders (Barring the Hellfire Guard's head).  

I was flipflopping between getting or not getting the D+ wave and decided not to. Not that the figures are bad (I mean it was a really difficult descision) but I only get MCU waves if it has comic figures in it OR there is a character that hasn't been made into a comic figure yet (like Heimdall). 

I agree with @leokearon in that they should have gone with the classic flamed on version, mostly because they could have finally given us a swappable Jim Hammond head. But getting a complete Negative Zone costume set will do.

As for whether Hercules is in the F4 wave, possibly. I mean unless he is a exclusive, there isn't another wave or such that he can be included with Spider-man, X-men and D+ wave 2 being full.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The wave includes the following:

-Captain America (Sam Wilson) figure
Shield
Flight Gear BAF piece

-U.S. Agent figure
Alternate pair of hands
Flight Gear BAF piece

-Baron Zemo figure
Alternate masked head
Alternate pair of hands
Golden gun
Winter Soldier Book
Flight Gear BAF piece

-Winter Soldier figure
Alternate pair of hands
Flight Gear BAF piece

-Scarlet Witch figure
Alternate pair of hands
2 Effect pieces
Flight Gear BAF piece

-Vision figure
Alternate pair of hands
Flight Gear BAF piece

-Loki figure
Flight Gear BAF piece

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-00.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-01.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-02.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-03.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-04.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-05.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-06.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-07.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-08.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-09.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-10.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-11.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-12.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-13.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-14.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-15.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-16.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-17.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-18.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-19.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-20.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-21.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-22.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-23.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-24.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-25.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-26.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-27.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-28.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-29.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-30.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-31.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-32.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-33.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-34.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-35.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-36.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-37.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-38.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-39.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-40.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-41.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-42.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-43.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-44.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-45.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-46.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-47.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-48.jpg

1 minute ago, tarot said:

I agree with @leokearon in that they should have gone with the classic flamed on version, mostly because they could have finally given us a swappable Jim Hammond head. But getting a complete Negative Zone costume set will do.

Coinflip as to whether or not there's a Jim Hammond head, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a "Flame On" Johnny as a fan channel exclusive around the time the FF Retro wave comes out.

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

I was flipflopping between getting or not getting the D+ wave and decided not to. Not that the figures are bad (I mean it was a really difficult descision) but I only get MCU waves if it has comic figures in it OR there is a character that hasn't been made into a comic figure yet (like Heimdall). 

As for whether Hercules is in the F4 wave, possibly. I mean unless he is a exclusive, there isn't another wave or such that he can be included with Spider-man, X-men and D+ wave 2 being full.

As swappable Jim Hammond head wouldn't be a bad idea. Aslo if they are going to give us another depowered Johnny why not give us his Combat Red look.

Herc is an odd one, unless there is going to be a comic Avengers wave that hasn't been announced yet.

YES! SHIELD army builder!!! That's the one I've been waiting for

Like that Loki to. Always up for another "suit tool."

Herc's okay, but I honestly have no problem with the last figure, so I may end up not getting it.

FF in Blue and Whites, big yes. Now if we could just see the rest of the wave.

Hasbro really hit the FalCap figure out of the park.

I'm guessing the inaccuracies with U.S.Agent stem from style-guide issues. Sort of like the early Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers figures having to be represented with the Power Coin symbols on their chests in all media and merchandising, even though they didn't sport the look in the actual show.

Holding out for Excalibur news (LOVE those team sets).

3 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

USAgent is still sadly inaccurate, thankfully it will be easy enough to add some white stripes, that costume really looks good in that color scheme. Sam Cap does look really cool for sure.

It's made worse that they have the accurate version as the packaging art.

I think that overall the D+ wave is a pretty good wave. All of the figures have their problems, but I know that asking for the perfect figures just has no point, therefore pointing out what's inaccurate and what's not is pointless as well. They'll give us something good in the expense of something else and we'll settle with that. In any case all 7 of these figures are missing from my collection so I'll probably get them all, it's also essential in order to get Falcon's wings which I have to admit are awesome.

PS:  I know I said I won't talk about their flaws, but couldn't you just give us a couple of daggers for Loki!?!?😅

2 minutes ago, JohnF said:

. . . it's also essential in order to get Falcon's wings which I have to admit are awesome.😅

Agreed. I just hope when/if they switch Sam back to just plain Falcon, and when/if we get a figure of said Falcon, they remember this wing design. A shame it took them this long to make them.