Marvel Monday Live Stream - 04/25/21

JayC

Ah some cool stuff revealed here, nice to finally see the Herc we all deserve, and as we all thought Negative Zone suits for the FF retro wave, which is exciting, going to be happy to get those. Sheild agent Army Builder, and Skrull army builder (?) I'm in.

As for the D+ wave, meh still not going to get any one except Zemo & Wanda, and I'm cool with that. I really am not surprised that the Loki figure looks even lamer then I thought (he's not in his AVG 1 outfit or President Loki outfit). The Sam looked pretty damn nice, but I'm content with the comic version, I am curious however if we can use those new Build-a-Wings on the comic Sam Cap? because that would be really cool.

I was hoping we'd see that Excalibur set. 😞

1 hour ago, Ironspider428 said:

Guess that confirms the white suits for the F4 wave. Does this mean Hercules is the Hxxxxxxx figure in that wave? Does he even make sense for a F4 wave? 

Outside of the Hate Monger and Agatha Harkness, I really can't think of any FF-adjacent characters that start with "H".  I have a theory that it may stand for "Human Torch".  I know "Johnny Storm" was already listed among the knowns with the other three team members, but I'm wondering if the wave won't have Johnny in the blue & white along with the rest, and then a second, flamed-on Johnny done in a more classic style similar to the 3.75" figure they threw up on the screen during the presentation.

It's a long shot scenario to my mind and I kind of hope it's not the case because that would leave only one slot for a bad guy.  However, if it does turn out to be what they're doing, I guess I won't be too upset if they really nail a classic, comic book-looking flamed-on Torch.

80s Herc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I have been wanting this version since the damn mid 80s. Is it too much to hope for an alternate mean yelling head? As for the army building Skrull grunts, Hasbro needs to throw them on the Johnny Storm buck as only Kl'rt should be more massive, physique wise, hence the moniker, "Super Skrull"  Looking at that Herc, are the legs new or from some other figure as. I know the upper body is from the Man bun version.  That buck plus head sculpt & Boots is perfect for a classic & long overdue Doc Samson. A  deluxe 2 pack of Leonard & this Hulk would be much appreciated!

etGWQg2.jpgzqL0H1m.png8PMVeJv.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

80s Herc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I have been wanting this version since the damn mid 80s. Is it too much to hope for an alternate mean yelling head? As for the army building Skrull grunts, Hasbro needs to throw them on the Johnny Storm buck as only Kl'rt should be more massive, physique wise, hence the moniker, "Super Skrull"  Looking at that Herc, are the legs new or from some other figure as. I know the upper body is from the Man bun version.  That buck plus head sculpt & Boots is perfect for a classic & long overdue Doc Samson. A  deluxe 2 pack of Leonard & this Hulk would be much appreciated!

etGWQg2.jpgzqL0H1m.png8PMVeJv.jpg

Ur right need a new doc Sampson Asap. And the legs definitely look new one they look pinless and no other nice size buck has had these legs they are just tooooo good.

will definitely pick up mcu Wanda but not that interested in the rest of the wave, and i guess i'm surprised by the august release date but i suppose it makes sense with the loki series not coming until June... but at the same time i wonder how interested retailers will be in stocking a wave with figures from a series that ended 3 or 5 months previous.. guess we'll see. and meanwhile shang-chi wave was just released and the movie doesn't come out for months. man, covid sure has messed up hasbro's schedule lol

Classic herc is nice and i might pick him up, although i've gotten used to the modern version.  

so overall not the most exciting marvel monday imo but that's fine, still pretty psyched to be getting modok this week and also that the shang chi stuff will be showing up in stores. 

54 minutes ago, CAC said:

That Hercules is pretty close to perfect!! Now they need to go back and make a classic costume Beta Ray Bill.

Yessss, I swear right when they announced it Beta Ray Bill was my first thought, but maybe they will release a classic version as the comic fig. In like a thor wave for next yr. But I would love to have it sooner.

19 minutes ago, Typhis said:

So is the US Agent just a repaint...

Yeah, the John Walker/Captain America Wal-Mart exclusive and USAgent use the same mold.  But then again, it's the exact same costume, only color-changed so that works (though yeah, the concept art Marvel was working off of obviously didn't have the white stripes on the USAgent version, same as the concept art for White Vision probably had the beige forearms and boots).

5 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, the John Walker/Captain America Wal-Mart exclusive and USAgent use the same mold.  But then again, it's the exact same costume, only color-changed so that works (though yeah, the concept art Marvel was working off of obviously didn't have the white stripes on the USAgent version, same as the concept art for White Vision probably had the beige forearms and boots).

The USAgent costumes have more differences than just the white. The A on the helmet is removed and the Star on his chest is not silver.

8 minutes ago, tarot said:

it's close. More then likely Hasbro got an earlier version or they probably just thought that it woulf be like the figure and just repainted the figure.

They are minor difference but they are important ones. Yeah I am sure Hasbro didnt have access to what the suit would actually look like until it was to late to make changes. But we will def need an updated figure at some point.

Classic Hercules, finally. Let's just hope he scales out correctly to the Classic Thor this time. Damn, they are gonna milk that Excalibur hype to death, aren't they. Hope they do it right, cuz if they fumble this ball they are gonna know the real meaning of "Angry Fan Boy". I have a feeling it's a bit more husky and pimple-y than the goofy looking Hood figure they showed. Shirtless Wolvie, is that really necessary? Between this guy and Hercules we are just one short step away from being able to reenact the "playin' with the boys" scene from Top Gun. Oil not included. When are they gonna get around to just doing a battle damaged Wolvie with maybe alternate head and hands with a little bit of metal skeleton showing? I'm sure they already thought of that, but put it in their pocket to use in a future X-Men wave. Still waiting for a definitive Flame-On Johnny Storm. The strangest thing about it not being done yet is the fact that the figure applies to almost every uniform the FF has worn. Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Baby Blue, Red, they're all the same damn color if the dude is literally on fire. And no, the Walgreens one doesn't count cuz he's not Bucky Cap size, he's Pizza Spidey size. Shield agent I imagine will pretty much just the the Nick Fury from the Giant Man wave (I think) excluding the Nick Fury and Dirk Anger heads. Here's an idea, how about a little variety. Even AIM and Hydra got a few different body molds. Oooh, how about a female agent? They exist, I know, I seen 'em. In both comics and movies.

Actually not a bad day of revels. Now back to struggling with myself on whether I'm gonna buy the entire Finish-A-Cap Disney+ wave or just cherry pick it.

Guess I'll be army building SHIELD . . . AGAIN. Already bought up 8 of the Fury figures to have Fury, Anger, and six Troopers (not to mention a bag full of eye-patched and monocled heads).

I wouldn't bother, but they're actually coming with weapons this time! I can return the laser rifles and pistols I ganked from Bebop, Rocksteady and the Foot Soldiers.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Actually not a bad day of revels. Now back to struggling with myself on whether I'm gonna buy the entire Finish-A-Cap Disney+ wave or just cherry pick it.

I don't know about you, but despite no longer being an "MCU guy," these are all nice enough figures I'm tempted to scoop 'em all up.

Being a guy who pays for these with money, though, at 25+ a pop, I'm a lot more likely to go the cherry picker route.