Marvel Monday Live Stream - 04/25/21

JayC

18 minutes ago, Hogun said:

How desperate was Hasbro when they decided to release a topless Wolverine figure?

That was a prototype. We don't even know if it will be wolverine. 

I just realised. the shirtless body would make a perfect base for a certain cyborg version of Wolverine, Albert.

1 minute ago, tarot said:

I just realised. the shirtless body would make a perfect base for a certain cyborg version of Wolverine, Albert.

A prototype u say? But why did they say the pout hair on the traps, unless they were making a joke?

14 minutes ago, tarot said:

Would be super cool if we finally got an Albert.

But I bet this is just some shirtless wolverine, likely based off some art from the 80's Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine run, he liked being shirtless a lot then.

either way are we really acting like there could be a single shred of surprise that more wolverines arn't going to be plaguing this line, Hasbro's motto "Wolverines forever!!, Wolverines for everyone!!" I always keep in the back of my mind one day we might just get a entirely Wolverine wave, once the wells dry up in 2030, and no more characters can be made that might sell, just lean on old logan he'll keep the pockets thick.

Can I ask what is the source of the rumored Excalibur box set? I know that they teased the actual Excalibur sword months ago, but it feels like people are certain Hasbro is going to release a team box set like they didi with Alpha Flight and I'm just wondering if there is anything out there, any report or coded product number to support this notion?

4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Outside of the Hate Monger and Agatha Harkness, I really can't think of any FF-adjacent characters that start with "H".  I have a theory that it may stand for "Human Torch".  I know "Johnny Storm" was already listed among the knowns with the other three team members, but I'm wondering if the wave won't have Johnny in the blue & white along with the rest, and then a second, flamed-on Johnny done in a more classic style similar to the 3.75" figure they threw up on the screen during the presentation.

It's a long shot scenario to my mind and I kind of hope it's not the case because that would leave only one slot for a bad guy.  However, if it does turn out to be what they're doing, I guess I won't be too upset if they really nail a classic, comic book-looking flamed-on Torch.

I don't know, I think H for Hercules is way too much of a coincidence. Plus they revealed him right alongside the new Johnny, it wouldn't be too surprising if they were in the same wave. It's possible he isn't though, these Retro waves usually stick pretty close to the source material, outside of the Retro Avengers waves.

5 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I mean, he's appeared in a few FF comics in the past, and at least one in that particular outfit, and he also appeared in the 90's FF Cartoon (in the same outfit).  But otherwise no, it's not the most obvious choice.  But I suspect it IS the "Hxxxxxxx" figure nonetheless.  Mostly because there aren't many/any other avenues for that figure to hit this year unless there's a whole comic-based Avengers wave they're holding back.

It would be more likely that if he isn't in the F4 Retro wave, he's part of a upcoming 2-pack or some sort of fan channel exclusive. I highly doubt there's another wave coming this year and he doesn't fit into the Eternals, NWH, 2nd D+ or 2nd AoA waves. And it's just a bit too early for 2022 figure reveals.

5 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I doubt they're in the same wave. Hercules would make sense in an Avengers wave or a Thor wave, possibly some others... but he's never had much crossover with the FF. I bet those are separate waves.

Thor: Love and Thunder wave maybe? That's really far off though. I don't see another Avengers wave coming anytime soon, but they do sprinkle random comic Avengers related characters into some MCU waves. 

19 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Oh dear, why do I have a feeling Hasbro used the lame dumbbell neck joints for the figures that are not repaints or retools of existing figures?

And for some they uses a floating neck like Falcons looks like his neck is separate similar to what hasbro does in the Joe line. And personally I would rather have it that way then the hinge.

18 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Thor: Love and Thunder wave maybe? That's really far off though. I don't see another Avengers wave coming anytime soon, but they do sprinkle random comic Avengers related characters into some MCU waves. 

Yeah, but it sounds like the remaining MCU waves for this year (Eternals and Disney+ wave 2) are exclusively MCU based. I'm betting this Hercules, as others have suggested, will be a fan channel exclusive like She-Hulk and others before. And I bet it drops on some random Monday, possibly as early as next month. 

14 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, but it sounds like the remaining MCU waves for this year (Eternals and Disney+ wave 2) are exclusively MCU based. I'm betting this Hercules, as others have suggested, will be a fan channel exclusive like She-Hulk and others before. And I bet it drops on some random Monday, possibly as early as next month. 

Hasbro almost never offers up completely/mostly new molds as fan-channel exclusives before mass-retail releases.  I'm still putting my money on the Retro FF wave.  It'll be an oddball addition but that "Hxxxxxxx" listing is just too much of a coincidence to make me feel otherwise.   Only other possibility to my mind would be as part of whatever the SDCC exclusive is this year.

Not trying to get any particular poster's hopes up but I'd laugh my ass off if the SDCC pack was a "Siege of Avengers Mansion" pack with a more traditional Hyde, classic Zemo, OG Herc, Masterson Thor (with alt-helmeted head) and take-your-pick of Classic Monica Rambeau/Wasp/Moonstone/Dr. Druid/Blackout

43 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I don't know, I think H for Hercules is way too much of a coincidence. Plus they revealed him right alongside the new Johnny, it wouldn't be too surprising if they were in the same wave. It's possible he isn't though, these Retro waves usually stick pretty close to the source material, outside of the Retro Avengers waves.

I dunno.  Armored Daredevil in the Spider-Man retro line was a little bit of a stretch.  That wasn't the series the OG version of that figure came in.

13 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Very happy to see the classic 80s outfit for the FF! I am most pleased with that! Hercules looks awesome too, although also a bit hilarious in that costume, which makes it all the more awesome. Hopefully he comes with fists, and hopefully we see a remake of his earlier outfit with the tunic and leggings. 

426582444_Hercules80slook.thumb.jpg.8cd5a78f3d99dac323e051f745cd712c.jpg1401230401_HERCULESclassicversion.thumb.png.ef244d2a1fd683412483e1af1474ef61.pngHerc's 80s attire is my all time favorite followed by his tunic/leggings look! I'm pretty sure he comes with fists, how else is he supposed to deliver the "gift" to his enemies & sometimes, even allies.

I have had the tunic version of Hercules on my must-have list for so long, but this will definitely do!  And by the way, why wasn't the Hercules torso the automatic replacement for the Hyperion buck?  I just used one for a custom Crossbones (100 times better than the one that came out last year), and it would lend itself perfectly to a Classic Drax... and a Classic Ronan... and a Classic Powerman... possibilities are endless!  The Fantastic Four in blue and white are long overdue (hope they redo the Human Torch too). Not an MCU collector but all of the figures look incredible!

4 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

I have had the tunic version of Hercules on my must-have list for so long, but this will definitely do!  And by the way, why wasn't the Hercules torso the automatic replacement for the Hyperion buck?  I just used one for a custom Crossbones (100 times better than the one that came out last year), and it would lend itself perfectly to a Classic Drax... and a Classic Ronan... and a Classic Powerman... possibilities are endless!  The Fantastic Four in blue and white are long overdue (hope they redo the Human Torch too). Not an MCU collector but all of the figures look incredible!

I'm not holding my breath that the Thing will be on a more in scale accurate buck with both a closed mouth & open mouth yelling "it's clobbering time" head sculpt.FF.thumb.jpg.724c2e229e6b2b8d3f8bb6e4398d6253.jpg

11 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Yesss, ti everything u just said. I wake up everyday and think to myself why doesn't the herc. Buck get used for other characters that sized? And classic drax, luka cage, etc. Just perfect for it.

4 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm not holding my breath that the Thing will be on a more in scale accurate buck with both a closed mouth & open mouth yelling "it's clobbering time" head sculpt.FF.thumb.jpg.724c2e229e6b2b8d3f8bb6e4398d6253.jpg

I'm with u, as much as I love the walgreens exclusive thing its far from perfect a yelling face is needed, and I'm not the biggest fan of the design they used. Still one my favorite figures tho.

14 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

I'm with u, as much as I love the walgreens exclusive thing its far from perfect a yelling face is needed, and I'm not the biggest fan of the design they used. Still one my favorite figures tho.

Oh, it's a great sculpt/buck, just too huge imo. Thing is a 6 footer, not a 7 footer.

7 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Any thoughts on the Shield Agent?  Is it just a re-release?  The head looks different to me. And the Ray Gun... what are we thinking? Skrull or Kree?  Please be Skrulls and please don't use the Hyperion Buck.

Ray gun belongs to Skrull grunts. Skrull grunts need to be on Sunfire buck.