Marvel Monday Live Stream - 04/25/21

JayC

28 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I never think of the Skrulls as that muscled or defined. I would prefer something like the Mr. Fantastic body for size and costume texture.

I agree. But I gotta smdh every time I hear someone bringing up the Super Skrull buck for regular grunt skrulls. Either the Mr F buck or Sunfire buck would work for me.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Classic Hercules, finally. Let's just hope he scales out correctly to the Classic Thor this time. Damn, they are gonna milk that Excalibur hype to death, aren't they. Hope they do it right, cuz if they fumble this ball they are gonna know the real meaning of "Angry Fan Boy". I have a feeling it's a bit more husky and pimple-y than the goofy looking Hood figure they showed. Shirtless Wolvie, is that really necessary? Between this guy and Hercules we are just one short step away from being able to reenact the "playin' with the boys" scene from Top Gun. Oil not included. When are they gonna get around to just doing a battle damaged Wolvie with maybe alternate head and hands with a little bit of metal skeleton showing? I'm sure they already thought of that, but put it in their pocket to use in a future X-Men wave. Still waiting for a definitive Flame-On Johnny Storm. The strangest thing about it not being done yet is the fact that the figure applies to almost every uniform the FF has worn. Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Baby Blue, Red, they're all the same damn color if the dude is literally on fire. And no, the Walgreens one doesn't count cuz he's not Bucky Cap size, he's Pizza Spidey size. Shield agent I imagine will pretty much just the the Nick Fury from the Giant Man wave (I think) excluding the Nick Fury and Dirk Anger heads. Here's an idea, how about a little variety. Even AIM and Hydra got a few different body molds. Oooh, how about a female agent? They exist, I know, I seen 'em. In both comics and movies.

Actually not a bad day of revels. Now back to struggling with myself on whether I'm gonna buy the entire Finish-A-Cap Disney+ wave or just cherry pick it.

DSCF8306.thumb.JPG.9a48a2eaa2948be364676291ca3d75ce.JPGThor is 6'6, Herc is 6'5, as long as the new pinless legs are the same length as the legs on the man bun modern version, Herc will scale perfectly with classic Thor. 80s Herc being shown was the #1 highlight of the entire Monday reveals for me!  After we got modern Herc a couple of yrs ago, I thought I'd have to wait 5 more yrs for the 80s version. Glad I only had to wait 2!

My thoughts on the stream:

Stepped away from collecting MCU figures the last few years. Would love to get that Cap Falcon though, especially the build a wings to check out it's articulation.

I was kind of hoping during the army builder segment they would mention that the previous ones would be rereleased again.

For FF4 I wonder if the flame on Johnny Storm version could still be part of the wave as a separate figure? And I also wonder if the powered down version they showed could be the new standard buck that will replace the Bucky Cap mold?

Getting more excited about the potential Excalibur box set!

Don't understand the shirtless Wolverine reveal. It's just the Retro/Apocalypse wave legs with the Weapon X torso mashed together. 

Classic Herc is F#$&ing AMAZING. One step closer to the Seige lineup!

The D+ wave is also fantastic. Although I didn’t notice until mentioned here, that US Agent inaccuracies are a bummer. Really hoping that is fixed with a rerelease sooner rather than later.. great reveals 

54 minutes ago, McHogan said:

"Classic Herc is F#$&ing AMAZING. One step closer to the Seige lineup!

Yep! Too bad Hasbro crapped the bed with their choice for Hyde! Still need Photon & that version of classic Scott Lang Ant man, Wasp along with Moonstone, Fixer, Zemo, Blackout & Goliath & classic wrecking crew utilizing that 80s Herc buck!1202290264_AvengersvstheMastersofevilundersiege.thumb.jpg.58d97be39e43b00c34979208b77345c1.jpg

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

426582444_Hercules80slook.thumb.jpg.8cd5a78f3d99dac323e051f745cd712c.jpg1401230401_HERCULESclassicversion.thumb.png.ef244d2a1fd683412483e1af1474ef61.pngHerc's 80s attire is my all time favorite followed by his tunic/leggings look! I'm pretty sure he comes with fists, how else is he supposed to deliver the "gift" to his enemies & sometimes, even allies.

As I said before, they're calling it the "classic" Hercules and it isn't. I'm not too bothered because frankly Herc's orange and green motif hasn't got jack to do with "greek" attire, never did (not sure what Kirby -I'm guessing he was the designer- was thinking there).  And he didn't even wear that ridiculous harness that long. Doesn't matter 'cause it looks accurate and thats what counts. The figure they showed looks fantastic; hope its gonna have an alt non-smiling head.

15 hours ago, tarot said:

Ill honest while I do want a more classic Adam Warlock, I kind of want them to do something original. Like since this is the year of the f4 maybe have Firelord.

I only hope that these wont be exclusives like Nova and Quasar. Still no word on any appearance of those. 

14 hours ago, JayC said:

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-01.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-10.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-22.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-29.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-46.jpg

ML-Dinsey-Plus-Wave-1-47.jpg

I'm so glad that the show gave us Captain America's outfit almost totally accurate to the comics. Looks great! And I love this new folding wing set for the figure (though I prefer more red in them). Cant really get the entire wave to make the wings though so I'm gonna pass. 

Now that the initial "OOO-AAHH" has worn off, the only figure out of the D+ wave I'm absolutely set on getting is Winter Soldier. I've never been happy with the size on the last comic version, so this one will make a decent replacement.

The classic Herc is growing on me. If nothing else, he, and the Blue and White FF, will be excellent additions to my ever-growing 90s/Animated Universe collection.

11 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Anyone else notice that the headsculpt on Wolverine looks very familiar?

marvel-legends-wolverine-forge-pack_1_d87950ab50515a80cd1a595772390c9b.jpg

April-Marvel-Monday-1307__scaled_600.jpg

The shirtless Wolverine reveal took me a second but I guess we already had a smaller shirtless buck in the form of Weapon X Wolverine from the Caliban Wave. Is this the same buck but just decoed differently ie. body hair? I see on twitter that the head is sculpted by Paul Harding. Does anyone know which Wolverine this is supposed to be? Is that his final form ie. "Shirtless Brown and Orange Logan?" 

The more I think about this figure the more I am thinking this will be part of the next Thor wave that will coincide with the movie. We know such a wave is coming because Dwight mentioned in one of his interviews they were working on one. The movie comes out in Feb 2022 so that could see the wave come out in late December.

April-Marvel-Monday-1001.jpg.9d315958319c187529797f742a428d05.jpg

The Shirtless Wolverine figure may be in the next X-Men wave after the second AOA wave. That would likely be the first X-Men wave for 2022. Again based on those interviews Hasbro said the next X-Men wave after the second AOA would not be story themed, it would consist of just random X-Men charatcers.

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

The more I think about this figure the more I am thinking this will be part of the next Thor wave that will coincide with the movie. We know such a wave is coming because Dwight mentioned in one of his interviews they were working on one. The movie comes out in Feb 2022 so that could see the wave come out in late December.

April-Marvel-Monday-1001.jpg.9d315958319c187529797f742a428d05.jpg

I don’t know, it’s a bit early for Thor stuff, isn’t it? I don’t think we’ll see 2022 stuff until at least the summer. If they were gonna start revealing comic figures from future waves wouldn’t they start with the NWH wave? Or even reveal another figure from the AoA wave? I still think he’ll be in the F4 Retro wave. 

Never mind. On my Hercules theory. When I checked the Thor movie release on Google it was still showing Feb 2022 release, but it was moved to May. I loose track with all these moving release dates. So no way Herc if coming out this year would be in that wave.

The uni  Johnny is sporting is from Byrne's classic run on the FF title in the 80s & their 94'-95' animated series sported those same unis & Herc & the Avengers of that era made 2 cameos in the 2nd season. 1 in the episode with Thor, Ego, Terrax & Galactus & the season finale vs Doom when he appropriated the Surfer's power cosmic, so there's no reason not to think he will be in the FF wave.  The 1st season animation of both IM/FF were atrocious, the 2nd seasons, especially the FFs, were great!

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The shirtless Wolverine reveal took me a second but I guess we already had a smaller shirtless buck in the form of Weapon X Wolverine from the Caliban Wave. Is this the same buck but just decoed differently ie. body hair? I see on twitter that the head is sculpted by Paul Harding. Does anyone know which Wolverine this is supposed to be? Is that his final form ie. "Shirtless Brown and Orange Logan?" 

Its the same buck just a different deco. And I have no clue what hasbro is going for here.

35 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

Its the same buck just a different deco. And I have no clue what hasbro is going for here.

What's everyone's opinion on this, if not Wolverine or when they finally run out of Wolverine variants, who should get that coveted spot in the X-men wave?

I like Wolverine, but I've been beating that Storm drum for a few months now.

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

As I said before, they're calling it the "classic" Hercules and it isn't. I'm not too bothered because frankly Herc's orange and green motif hasn't got jack to do with "greek" attire, never did (not sure what Kirby -I'm guessing he was the designer- was thinking there).  And he didn't even wear that ridiculous harness that long. Doesn't matter 'cause it looks accurate and thats what counts. The figure they showed looks fantastic; hope its gonna have an alt non-smiling head.

They're not using the word the same way you are. Hasbro uses the word "classic" to mean "comic-based". It's internal jargon, the same way they use "tooling", etc. Every single all-comic wave prominently states "classic" on the outside of the case, and Dwight uses the word to refer to virtually every comic figure, like last year's Falcon, last year's Fantastic Four, etc. I wouldn't get hung up on it.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Does anyone know which Wolverine this is supposed to be? Is that his final form ie. "Shirtless Brown and Orange Logan?" 

My best guess is it's from when the Reavers crucified him in the Outback. It's a super weird choice of figure, but any attention on the Outback era is great. Psylocke, Longshot, Havok, etc., here we come!

5 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I like Wolverine but it's time to hand the baton to Storm.

What's everyone's opinion on this, if not Wolverine or when they finally run out of Wolverine variants, who should get that coveted spot in the X-men wave?

I don't think anyone but Cyclops or Storm really makes sense, but it's not like they've been ignoring either of them. Honestly, I'm not sure why they think it needs to be one person. If they just made sure every wave had at least one character that appeared as part of Jim Lee's core gold or blue team, almost regardless of what era the figure is from, they'd be fine. Angel, Beast, Bishop, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Jean, Psylocke, Rogue, Storm, and Wolverine all sell waves.